• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan 370z Unveiled?

Pericles

Went to the Nissan Z showroom in Hong Kong when I was there two weeks ago and saw the 370Z in the metal. I like the rear stance but I think they've messed up the design with those fussy head and tail lamps. They had older Z cars there as well, the star of which was a white 260Z!

There were a couple of ugly 280Z/ZXs but strangely no 300Zx in sight!

Went to the Nissan Z showroom in Hong Kong when I was there two weeks ago and saw the 370Z in the metal. I like the rear stance but I think they've messed up the design with those fussy head and tail lamps. They had older Z cars there as well, the star of which was a white 260Z!

There were a couple of ugly 280Z/ZXs but strangely no 300Zx in sight!

Didn't you take a camera with you? <_<

Didn't you take a camera with you? <_<

Nope. Hate carrying excess baggage ;) . Used my girl friend's cam. She's supposed to email me the pics. Need to remind her. Also went for Top Gear Live in HK :). Great stunt driving on a smallish stage. We were kept at the edge of our seats half the time. The other half we were laughing our guts out at JC's jokes.

Nope. Hate carrying excess baggage ;) . Used my girl friend's cam. She's supposed to email me the pics. Need to remind her. Also went for Top Gear Live in HK :). Great stunt driving on a smallish stage. We were kept at the edge of our seats half the time. The other half we were laughing our guts out at JC's jokes.

did u at least manage to get autographs? :huh:

:D

did u at least manage to get autographs? :huh:

:D

Nah we were on the cheapest tickets :( . Far away. The V*P ticket holders got to meet up for a cocktail backstage.

I got to smiled with Horacio Pagani though, and he smiled back :D.

the things you shouldn't say... :P

..at least not out loud or on a public forum anyway :lol:

hey what's wrong with that post ah??? :angry: :angry: ...the guys a legend ok!... :angry:

i cant help it if you two idiots have dirty brains!!!!! :angry::D:P:lol:

PS - ok ok,it did sound a little bit gay

• 5 weeks later...

& the NISMO version as well!

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_611/car_photo_305579_25.jpg

car_photo_305578_25.jpg

car_photo_305577_25.jpg

car_photo_305576_25.jpg

car_photo_305575_25.jpg

The Nismo version is perhaps the more surprising news, with a seemingly official place in the Nissan line up as opposed to aftermarket additions to the stock 370Z. This includes a fully integrated Nismo bodykit (check out the sizeable rear wing) and a power hike to 345bhp. There’s tuned, four-wheel independent suspension, uprated brakes and a viscous limited-slip diff as well as Nismo 19in lightweight forged alloys.

It’s a fantastic looking thing, with a much more muscular look than the standard Z-car and a rear three quarters reminiscent of a Porsche GT2. Sadly, it appears sales will be US (and presumably Japan) only, with no UK cars confirmed.

A car we will get on these shores, and later in the year, is the 370Z Roadster. While it isn’t quite as eye-catching as the Nismo, it is a neat drop top that will hopefully retain its coupe sibling’s sharp drive, just like the 350Z roadster managed. It retains the 3.7-litre V6 from the hard top, with 327bhp and 269lb ft on tap. It comes with the choice of six-speed manual or seven-speed auto transmissions, and in fitting with its sporting pretensions the roof is fabric. Prices should be around £1500 more than the coupe, so set aside £28.5K if you fancy one.

The 370Z Roadster and the Nismo 370Z both got their first public viewing at a swanky New York bar, lined up alongside a 370Z Coupe. Reaction from the man in the street seemed to be good, with many instantly recognising the 370Z as the great grandchild of 240Zs they owned years ago. They were positive reactions that bode well for the newly launched 370Z.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/235101/nismo_370z.html

Whoa! Rev matching while downshifting on a manual tranny? Now THAT is neat. :grinning-smiley-003:

Nissans seems have made an emphasis on perfomance with the introduction of the new model, which is a boon and its a nice looking car overall; but I must say, I'm really not feeling those headlights. They're a bit too fussy for my taste. The old facia was more butch in my opinion and should have been retained, and had it been; I think it would have really complimented the shorter rear and wider base that this new model sits on.

Edited by Kavvz