• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche 911 Carrera

ferrarif50

Question

19 answers to this question

9ff'ing fast

9ff-gt9-r.jpg

Remember that insane 9ff GT9 Porsche that hit 254mph last May, missing out on the production speed record by just two mph? With its 987bhp and 711lb ft of torque, we wouldn’t have described it as ‘underpowered’. Or, indeed, ‘sensible in any way whatsoever’.

But 9ff has decided that 987bhp just isn’t enough, and has announced that it is working on a hotter version of the GT9, the GT9 R. It will put out – ready for this? – 1,120bhp and 774lb ft of torque. That’s a frankly ridiculous amount of power from a 4.2-litre flat six engine, even one with two turbos the size of basketballs.

The power gains will be achieved by upping the boost pressure, revising the ECU and praying to the gods of every denomination and faith. Already massively modified from the GT3 (it’s mid-engined, for a start), the GT9 R will get a whole bunch of extra aero aids to stop all that power from jetting it into the stratosphere.

Strangely, the more powerful GT9 R might actually be slower than its 254mph predecessor – the gearing might be shortened for better acceleration (for which read ‘face-destroying acceleration’), lowering the top speed.

Nonetheless, we’re guessing it’ll have sufficient pace to keep up with most city traffic…

Source : Top Gear - http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/9ff-GT9-R-2008-11-14

Guys, A bit sad news about Porsches btw..........................

Train Wreck in Dillenberg, Germany Damages at Least 20 New Porsche 911s

Posted on Nov 07 2008

http://globalmotors.net/train-wreck-in-ger...w-porsche-911s/

Early Wednesday morning two heavily loaded freight trains collided just outside of Dillenberg, Germany. While the cause of the accident is not yet known, one of the trains was transporting an unknown number of luxury brand vehicles, including at least 20 Porsche 997s.

Some of the Porsche’s didn’t handle it too well as you can see on the photos below. Thankfully nothing too catastrophic happened as one of the trains was ferrying tankers of very flammable liquids. Thanks for the tip Luke!

porsche-997-train-wreck-small.jpg

porsche-997-train-wreck.jpg

porsche-997-train-wreck4.jpg

porsche-997-train-wreck2.jpg

porsche-997-train-wreck3.jpg

While on the subject of Porsche, check this out,

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wild-ass-...ngine-failures/

So much for German precision...... I my long term Boxter dream just faded a bit ;)

worrying

but then again, how many Porrsche owners in these parts do you recon would even have gotten close to even the 50k mark! they don't really fall into the list of 'Daily Runners' out here now do they! :lol:

doesnt look any different from the current 997? what in particular in this model's appearance got you all excited?

overdrive..what got me exited is the back end..i've always hated the 911 for it's back end up to now,beacause to me it looked like a dog taking a sh*t....i think they got it right this time...dont how the porsche purists will react to it though :unsure:

although some of it's covered up...the slopy back screen gives me hope...

2005porsche997carrerasxy0.jpg

porsche9111bd7.jpg

Edited by HelRazor

Porsche 911 crushed & flattened in the name of Art

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=045_1192621618

that was done some years ago if i recall right. saw it on some foreign site. i had no idea what they were doing. it was like one of those weird nightmares.

and right until now i dismissed it as a nightmare. cos it was that strange :blink:

what intrigues me the most is just what were you searching for when you stumbled upon this? tsk tsk i see devinda is getting nasty on youtube :P

au contraire mon ami

subscribing to random auto ezines means you find yourself trolling through heaps of odd and random automotive tid bits every so often :)