• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4.2l Petrol V8 Range Rover "table"

lakshank

My brother bought this from a navy tender few months ago. This was an Ex-fire engine and they dont run much. It had a petrol 4.2 L V8 engine which had only covered 3000 miles. We swapped it with a Td5 engine.

See what my little brother has done to that petrol engine.

The brainy creative carpenter is sitting on the bonnet in the 1st pic.

10qi0.jpg

10qi0.3a1b3e4d0c.jpg

42125890vt3.jpg

42125890vt3.09d79db74b.jpg

45187542wq9.jpg

dscf0056bo8.jpg

dscf0056bo8.ca225f2cb7.jpg

dscf0055wm0.jpg

dscf0055wm0.bd830e71f8.jpg

Edited by lakshank

My brother bought this from a navy tender few months ago. This was an Ex-fire engine and they dont run much. It had a petrol 4.2 L V8 engine which had only covered 3000 miles. We swapped it with a Td5 engine.

Was this at the Navy camp in Trincomalee?

BTW what is happening with your Forward Control? And what plans do you have for this Range Rover?

Edited by madmax

nice concept machan,

but there would have been a fair bit of use that could have been taken outta that engine...assuming the block n head were still good - idea for a project car :mellow:

hmmm those V8's were 3.5L units if i'm not mistaken bro...

machan if you don't mind sharing , rougly what kinda price did this sell for? i apologize for prying , just a little curious , given the rather 'unique' nature of the vehicle :D

sorry....it may be 3.5 then. I know machan...the engine was like brand new when we started it. But who will use such a thirsty petrol unit. Out little one wanted to dismantle it and fix it back again. Later he realized that its a hard job so he has done this carpentry job :rolleyes:

We bought it for almost 1.3 mil machan.

Was this at the Navy camp in Trincomalee?

there are a few Carmichael Range Rover Fire Tenders in service with the forces afaik

The particular vehicle you mention is currently with the old LR agents in Union Place undergoing some resoration work and is due to recieve a new diesel engine to make it more usable from what i hear...

image304xu2.jpg

image304xu2.1458809003.jpg

If it's the one and only, I'm sure it was once based in Trinco. My uncle was a fire engine driver at the Trinco navy base. He has picture of him with this 6X6, and that picture has been in his living room as long as I can remember.

Edited by madmax

If it's the one and only, I'm sure it was once based in Trinco. My uncle was a fire engine driver at the Trinco navy base. He has picture of him with this 6X6, and that picture has been in his living room as long as I can remember.

Damn what rich history we have in SL.

by the way I remember this Auction at Welisara Camp

MINIACE infact mentioned about it.

No machan....what we bought was the one and only 6x6 range rover in sri lanka. see its the same number.

Hi Lashank, The numbers on the vehicles seem different in the picturers. The last digit is 8 in yours and 9 in the other picture

Hi Lashank, The numbers on the vehicles seem different in the picturers. The last digit is 8 in yours and 9 in the other picture

pardon my mistake....you r right....i looked at few other pics and they r two different vehicles.

Devinda...you can br correct. there might be another one. what we heard in the auction was that this is the one and only 6x6 range rover it seems.

does not seem to be true now

nice idea, but a Rover V8 with only 3000 Miles on it would have had far better uses IMO..... bit of a waste really.. :(

You are right machan...it would have been useful to the right person. not for us. We had 2 options...sell it or give it to our brother...

We thought atleast our fellow can learn something by doing this. that was the whole idea. bugger promised to re- assemble it to the original state..though it ended up as a table.

pardon my mistake....you r right....i looked at few other pics and they r two different vehicles.

Devinda...you can br correct. there might be another one. what we heard in the auction was that this is the one and only 6x6 range rover it seems.

does not seem to be true now

probably a bit of false marketing to raise the value of the vehicle.. (after all, its unlikely someone would go trying to verify that this really IS the only on in SL, unless they came across the fact by chance, like in this case :) )

You are right machan...it would have been useful to the right person. not for us. We had 2 options...sell it or give it to our brother...

We thought atleast our fellow can learn something by doing this. that was the whole idea. bugger promised to re- assemble it to the original state..though it ended up as a table.

too bad we didnt know about it mate... D_z or i might have picked it up if we knew you were getting rid of it!

• 7 months later...
The particular vehicle you mention is currently with the old LR agents in Union Place undergoing some resoration work and is due to recieve a new diesel engine to make it more usable from what i hear...

good news of sorts - they've decided to keep the V8

its been overhauled/serviced and is in the process of being chucked back in :)

• 5 months later...

Met my uncle recently and gave me a some details about this. Apparently there were two units that were imported. One to Welisara Navy camp and the other one to Trinco. 5799 is the one from the Trinco camp. He used to drive that, a dual carb V8. He recalls wading that in the Trinco sea once.

Edited by madmax

• 1 year later...

Here is that picture from its glorious days at the Trinco navy base. Sorry for the crappy picture....

img00005b.jpg

• 4 months later...