• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Srilankan Talant 80km Per 1liter Of Water..?

Any new news about this guy..?

Yap! This guy converted some Montero's belong to a businessman at Athurugiriya and charged him few laks for the job. Then he went abroad with that money.

Few days after one of the Montero’s blasted. :action-smiley-060: Now the businessman is waiting till he return to SL to sue him in court.

Got the news from the particular businessman through a reliable source.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yap! This guy converted some Montero's belong to a businessman at Athurugiriya and charged him few laks for the job. Then he went abroad with that money.

Few days after one of the Montero’s blasted. :action-smiley-060: Now the businessman is waiting till he return to SL to sue him in court.

Got the news from the particular businessman through a reliable source.

He must have taken a leaf out of Sak*it*i's book.. :violent-smiley-099:

This theory of obtaining hydrogen from water is being explored here too(in the UK). I am still waiting to see one of my mates who is a brain box mechanic to convert his latest car and let me test it's exhaust emmisions and performance. I heard about our SL guy when I was back home in August. I would have loved to have met him and see his invention.

Keep us all posted, and I will up date from this end if I get to see the car here.

Maithri.

• 3 weeks later...

Very wise indeed Dims n Mini...

Sri lankans are soo freaking gullible.. we're a nation that swallows in anything that we're told.. government says "cant help it world oil prices are going up we have to raise prices" we all bend over and take it without even thinking into the truth of it. Then someone says he'll get 80km/l on WATER, when getting even a mere 20km/l on PETROL isnt possible yet (on a large practical scale).. and what do we do, we swollow it all in thinking "yey, our fuel problems are over"... I cant wait till i go back home, cos there are some friends who were banging their heads on the floor saying its real, and laughing in their face with a big "told you so" is indeed something to look forward to.

Common sense lah: if its possible, dont you think any of the major auto-manufacturers that spend billions on R&D would have figured it out! But i would love to hear more about the car he used and how he managed to pull off the trick.. maybe he had a hidden petrol tank somewhere else in the car, and just fed the line from the "water" tank into the coolant bottle :D

Sri lankans are soo freaking gullible.. we're a nation that swallows in anything that we're told.. government says "cant help it world oil prices are going up we have to raise prices" we all bend over and take it without even thinking into the truth of it. Then someone says he'll get 80km/l on WATER, when getting even a mere 20km/l on PETROL isnt possible yet (on a large practical scale).. and what do we do, we swollow it all in thinking "yey, our fuel problems are over"... I cant wait till i go back home, cos there are some friends who were banging their heads on the floor saying its real, and laughing in their face with a big "told you so" is indeed something to look forward to.

Common sense lah: if its possible, dont you think any of the major auto-manufacturers that spend billions on R&D would have figured it out! But i would love to hear more about the car he used and how he managed to pull off the trick.. maybe he had a hidden petrol tank somewhere else in the car, and just fed the line from the "water" tank into the coolant bottle :D

Yeah True. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Common sense lah:

LOL being to long in Singpore lah !!!!

:)

I remember viki the robot which i watched when i was around 15..... :)

She used to do something in the engine and the cars ran for miles without fuel,

So the vicki family were approached by a big automaker with hefty check and the vicky family went on distroying all their furniture cos they thought they hit the jackpot....

too see the vehicale after around 2000 miles blew its engine.

LOL still keeps me laughing....

Edited by Velocity

hey guys.. I heard about the water-cars a few years back when ppl started selling DIY conversion kits on fleabay and started looking into the feasibility of it. The concept almost sounds plausible until you do the numbers.

The basic premise is that a car's alternator draws mechanical energy from the engine at all times while the car's electrical needs are quite a bit less than what the alternator is producing. Therefore we have excess (mechanical) energy..which is wasted at the alternator.

ppl have tried many ways of harnessing this energy and using it to assist the engine. For a hydrogen boosted ICE to work you have to efficiently convert the mechanical energy into electricity and then store it in a battery and then use that stored energy for electrolysis.... and if all that worked at high efficiency then you still have to reform the produced H2 into the vehicles fuel (petrol). Properly reforming would chemically bond the H2 with the fuel and not allow any H2 gas which can and WILL cause cylinder detonation :)

now here's the bad news; by the time you convert from mech to elec energy and break H-bonds and reform fuel you have spent more energy than you can recover by adding H2 to the cylinder.

This can work for a short trips if you allow the battery charge fully and then start converting water to H2 until the batt is almost drained. For that lil period you will get higher mileage but you cant sustain it for longer time period.

Considering all the losses involved with H2 electrolysis, you'd be better off adding a second battery to store the extra mech energy and using that energy to drive an elec motor coupled directly to the engine. There are a few of these belt-assist-starters that you can use to replace your alternator and starter. These can provide mild assist to the engine when you need it or be a substitute for N2O if you use super capacitors instead of regular lead-acid batteries.

The only other way to get an H2 boosted ICE to work over a sustained drive is to have an H2 tank and have the electrolysis done outside the car ..with solar or other renewable source.

I'll put my money on an electrical car with maybe some ICE assist... but then again I am an EE and thinking about self preservation :D

sounds like this guy in SL didn't pay much attention to the reforming part of it..

Edited by dhp

hey guys.. I heard about the water-cars a few years back when ppl started selling DIY conversion kits on fleabay and started looking into the feasibility of it. The concept almost sounds plausible until you do the numbers.

The basic premise is that a car's alternator draws mechanical energy from the engine at all times while the car's electrical needs are quite a bit less than what the alternator is producing. Therefore we have excess (mechanical) energy..which is wasted at the alternator.

ppl have tried many ways of harnessing this energy and using it to assist the engine. For a hydrogen boosted ICE to work you have to efficiently convert the mechanical energy into electricity and then store it in a battery and then use that stored energy for electrolysis.... and if all that worked at high efficiency then you still have to reform the produced H2 into the vehicles fuel (petrol). Properly reforming would chemically bond the H2 with the fuel and not allow any H2 gas which can and WILL cause cylinder detonation :)

now here's the bad news; by the time you convert from mech to elec energy and break H-bonds and reform fuel you have spent more energy than you can recover by adding H2 to the cylinder.

This can work for a short trips if you allow the battery charge fully and then start converting water to H2 until the batt is almost drained. For that lil period you will get higher mileage but you cant sustain it for longer time period.

Considering all the losses involved with H2 electrolysis, you'd be better off adding a second battery to store the extra mech energy and using that energy to drive an elec motor coupled directly to the engine. There are a few of these belt-assist-starters that you can use to replace your alternator and starter. These can provide mild assist to the engine when you need it or be a substitute for N2O if you use super capacitors instead of regular lead-acid batteries.

The only other way to get an H2 boosted ICE to work over a sustained drive is to have an H2 tank and have the electrolysis done outside the car ..with solar or other renewable source.

I'll put my money on an electrical car with maybe some ICE assist... but then again I am an EE and thinking about self preservation :D

sounds like this guy in SL didn't pay much attention to the reforming part of it..

aint no expert but think this guy was using microwaves to break h20 into h2... not electrolysis

aint no expert but think this guy was using microwaves to break h20 into h2... not electrolysis

sorry, I didnt know that he claimed to have used micowaves to do it... but AFAIK you can use microwaves to agitate the water molecules for faster electrolysis but its still ecectrolysis that breaks the bonds plus this method is not very efficient when driven from a DC source as in a car cos you have losses with voltage inversion . You can use microwaves to make the process faster but eh energy needed to break the bonds is the same.

You can use plasma electrolysis for faster H2 extraction but thats a whole other can of worms esp in a vehicle...

very true indeed

All over Swarnawahini News - after all they covered the story on the telly and now thay say he a fake -

running on water - :D

One guy have given him a free Vios, and i have seen for news he drive the vios with someking of a tank in the dicky....... if the govenrment will reduce the petrol prices thats better than 80km per 1liter of water.. this guy must be related to Sakwithi

Ya…. Defiantly related :lol: - Auto Sakvithi to be more precise

Next thing is you’r going to see is the Vios up for sale on ##### & u never know A/L - Guys & Gals be aware – keep your hands off that Vios – u never know what’s problems it’s going to cough up

LOL Mini

Thats a Good one,

Thank god it was not a bomb.....

who knows if this guy was paid by the LTTE....

this might even be a brain washing appratus, kind of stuff which the germans used in the nazi era....

:)

Edited by Velocity

Guess who he fooled first ....ha ha you know him!! LOL

dumbqa0.jpg

w288.png

MINIACE

I know more about this...... :jumping-smiley-013:

After this government gave him a car (Black color Nissan FB15) to use for his tests + a V.I.P number plate :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Sha7

Interesting opinions going around in cooler talk on this. One line of though ....

Hmmm, so anyone think there is a possibility that its a conspiracy by the oil companies/ministry to discredit the dude? I mean, arrested isn't the same as judged and convicted is it?

Now personally, I avoided making any statements on this thread thus far coz I don't have enough info for an informed opinion. I was a skeptic of this, but I don't have a strong opinion. As far as I am concerned, if it works out, it works out, if it doesn't, then things go on as normal, no big deal. Nothing to get worked up about.

I just find the mood swing of public feeling interesting. There were people rabidly praising earlier, there are people rabidly condemning now. And whats funny is, most of them have no actual understanding of the process to see if it is possible or not, its just an opinion formed on heresay. (And for people who are gonna wear caps and think I was saying this about them, Don't.)

LOL Mini

Thats a Good one,

Thank god it was not a bomb.....

who knows if this guy was paid by the LTTE....

this might even be a brain washing appratus, kind of stuff which the germans used in the nazi era....

Exactly... our "guys" are not the "difficult type" you know! Easy customers..especialy the old ones ha ha!! :action-smiley-060: God bless us!!

MINIACE

Interesting opinions going around in cooler talk on this. One line of though ....

Hmmm, so anyone think there is a possibility that its a conspiracy by the oil companies/ministry to discredit the dude? I mean, arrested isn't the same as judged and convicted is it?

wow i didn't think of it like that,good point pericles,the oil giants and the automakers are certainly capable and powerful enough to do something like this,but i too have no info or tenical know how in this matter.

maybe it's time we dropped believing whatever the media or the government says and jump off the bandwagon.

Edited by HelRazor