• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kilinochchi Has Fallen

Velocity

You'll forgive me for being skeptical. Even if the territory is lost, they can go back to their roots and do things guerrilla style. As long as they have support on the ground, they will keep going. The threat will be reduced due to loss of bases and operating areas, but not eliminated. Go online and see how many Canadian school kids are still supporting them.

fair enough but i doubt those canadian school kids know what exactly a war really is and they will never give up their comfy lives and come down to SL to fight in the trenches.

War is not won just because case Killi was taken...

The bomb that went off just a while ago shows that they can always take aim at soft targets...

But the good thing is that we can gradually erode away their military prowess and hopefully make the people in those areas happy by giving them a better life than what they had with LTTE so the support base will go off...

of course this will take some years to happen but then again i doubt us finding any speedier solution to a problem that has been there for decades...

With loss of territory they will no longer have a dedicate sea going arm, Zlins and the air wing, heavy guns and other heavy weaponry, no more courts cop sheds etc to support the separate nation claim etc

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll forgive me for being skeptical. Even if the territory is lost, they can go back to their roots and do things guerrilla style. As long as they have support on the ground, they will keep going. The threat will be reduced due to loss of bases and operating areas, but not eliminated. Go online and see how many Canadian school kids are still supporting them.

Yes, that true. To isolate LTTE from ground support, North and East should be developed at any cost. If hard-core members like Karuna broke away, it will not be too difficult to win the common people, who are already fed-up with 30 years of civil war.

remember in 1996 Kilinochchi was captured too but after some time we lost it, capturing land is very important, but need to capture all of enamy land and declare end to the war, then world know the war is over, but still there will be suicide attacks and killing goin on, thats the nature of the war, Then there will be no need of Air attacks, heavy artillery attacks, that will save lods of money

fair enough but i doubt those canadian school kids know what exactly a war really is and they will never give up their comfy lives and come down to SL to fight in the trenches.

War is not won just because case Killi was taken...

The bomb that went off just a while ago shows that they can always take aim at soft targets...

But the good thing is that we can gradually erode away their military prowess and hopefully make the people in those areas happy by giving them a better life than what they had with LTTE so the support base will go off...

of course this will take some years to happen but then again i doubt us finding any speedier solution to a problem that has been there for decades...

With loss of territory they will no longer have a dedicate sea going arm, Zlins and the air wing, heavy guns and other heavy weaponry, no more courts cop sheds etc to support the separate nation claim etc

Yup, they think its like a movie or video game, but the point is, they are vociferous in their support, and do support with cash and propaganda.

And yeah, the war is not won coz of Killi, but if you go look at the status messages on FB, there are a lotta clueless ppl out there. To quote right now "finally a chance for peace!!!" . I mean, just a little pre-mature there.

But yes, that is the way to go about it. A long term plan, no doubt, and gotta have the will to stick with it, but its the only way.

from what i hear, once all the areas are captured and the LTTE army is defeated there will be representatives coming from all over the world to our tiny country to find out how we defeated the world most established terrorist organisation. our army is not the most advanced or high tech, nor the strongest or the biggest. but we are quite tactical and what we are plainly using here is brute force. i mean i dont really see the US or the british army being sent on a massive mission which could kill 100s of their own soldiers. they'd rather sit back and wait in their fortifications or fight them with more protective machinery such as aircrafts and other land vehicles and tanks. what i know is we can't afford to lose such expensive equipment cos its too much of a burden on our tiny budget. also the collaboration between the air force and ground forces are not at its best. usually the idea is to weaken the enemy using aircrafts and then letting the ground forces wipe off whats remaining. thats why its mostly brave soldiers on foot that keeps our army moving. but i've heard of more than one occasion where the ground forces were sent in on suicidal missions with no air support or other ground suppot such as rocket artillery providing back up. well most of the time the case is ltte uses civillians and their settlements as shields to avoid such a clean wipe off. so we'd have to send in specially trained personnel like commandoes to start the offensive from inside the enemy terrotiry. i know we can cos there are quite a few "i can give rambo a run for his money" types in the army. either its ignored or overlooked due to strategical reasons beyond my knowledge. but i'd like to bet no other millitary organisation can match out ground forces at any rate. for the training, the skill, the tactics we are absolutely miles ahead. and this what those representatives will want to know. if we had all the equipment a major army would possess we'd be a millitary super power right now. and whats stopping us is our "not so big" economy and mainly other nations. i mean i know for a fact that when we tried to purchase a 3d radar system india objected, either cos then they'd lose the edge they have on possessing the most advanced radar system in the south asia region or because of the ever increasing pressure from tamilnadu.

anyways my argument is watching all these victories in low quality youtube videos on my tiny screen i couldnt help wonder if this is actually good news or bad news. dont take me wrong. im not trying to be a killjoy. but im predicting a massive (when i say massive i mean massive) political turmoil occuring within the next 5 or so years all thanks to these series of events. i'm not being biased to any side here. but i'm sure these wise men will be able to guess what it is. i'll give you guys a hint. its going to involve only one political party.

Yup, they think its like a movie or video game, but the point is, they are vociferous in their support, and do support with cash and propaganda.

And yeah, the war is not won coz of Killi, but if you go look at the status messages on FB, there are a lotta clueless ppl out there. To quote right now "finally a chance for peace!!!" . I mean, just a little pre-mature there.

But yes, that is the way to go about it. A long term plan, no doubt, and gotta have the will to stick with it, but its the only way.

In Sri lanka people dnt have big future hopes, Army captured kiili and yes people are happy abt it and they dnt care what will hapen in the future, thats wat normal people is all abt, personally im a big peace hater and im always lovn the war so im expecting this war to go on without any political solutions, but its just me and people have different ideas. so dnt expct everyone to be smart, im pretty sure minister jayalatha jayawardana is so sad abt the killi issue, and the government trying to colect votes by selling this war, Ranil & Jvp takn rubish as always, that kind of shit politition we have in this country so win in Killi is not an easy thing, so lets celebrate it and well see what hapend in future

Sri lankan elite Cop's STF (Special Task Force) - from Chris Ryan's elite world cops

nice videos,our guys are very professional....i just don't like the presenter calling the terrorists just "tamils" during the second part(

) beacause as we all know all tamils are not terrorists,just my opinion Edited by HelRazor

Our own Miniace Confirms this News.

Machan Velocity, You were one on the first proud citizens to get the confirmed news !

January 1st was a very bad day for LTTE.The 1042hrs Kili targets taken by 1xMiG27 &1XKfir was amazingly successful.Pin point and on bulls eye!!! A terra leader was killed (for sure) and he was not the target of the third delivered bomb.He wanted to take shelter of a pre-Encoded target.Uninvited and he had it along with dozen or more others :alc: A bad day for the Tata cab passenger .Guess this happen to expidite the mid-day march.

More stories to come... :alc: (Spirits needed) :lol:

MINIACE

Thanks for the Info Mini :)

By the way I hope they clear up those areas, ( MINES ) cos i want to go offroading.

Imagine we have still seen half of Sri Lanka. Its Time all Sri Lankan Travel to these areas join hands with the Tamil Community and Muslim Community and show the Sri Lankan People ( Not the Politicians ) have respect for all Ethnicity's and Religions.

We need to remember Our Communities were ripped apart for Political Gain Many Years Back. Let us not let this Happen Again.

but i'd like to bet no other millitary organisation can match out ground forces at any rate. for the training, the skill, the tactics we are absolutely miles ahead.

and lets not forget the most important fact - actual combat experience!

aside from the Israeli army i doubt any other armed force has had as much on the field exposure as ours

but i'd like to bet no other millitary organisation can match out ground forces at any rate. for the training, the skill, the tactics we are absolutely miles ahead.

He he why not the air boys...Who taught RAF,US Army and USAF low flying in hostile and survive in Missile enviorenment without ECMs? Ever wondered how Heli shot-downs suddenly stopped in Iraq and Afgan :rolleyes: ?

Guys ...SLAF is the only AF in the world to survive missiles without onboard counter-measures or ECMs.10000+ hrs flown in 3 years without built-in countermesures with no loss or hit :o

MINIACE

Props to the military for this victory, but in my humble opinion, the celebrations that followed were a bit premature, over the top and in bad taste. The boys need to be congratulated alright, but with so far yet to go and so many people having lost their lives in this offensive, I thought it was in bad taste to act as if the war was over and to celebrate like that. I know this might be an unpopular view, but those are just my thoughts.

GFX, why do you say that you hate peace?

Props to the military for this victory, but in my humble opinion, the celebrations that followed were a bit premature, over the top and in bad taste. The boys need to be congratulated alright, but with so far yet to go and so many people having lost their lives in this offensive, I thought it was in bad taste to act as if the war was over and to celebrate like that. I know this might be an unpopular view, but those are just my thoughts.

GFX, why do you say that you hate peace?

you certainly have a point

but i believe everyone was going for positive reinforcement - thier efforts are certainly praise worthy

end of the day no matter what happens i cant help but be eternally thankful and grateful for the many brave patriots who duke it out there so i can sit comfortably and make this post!

i was afraid to ask Gihan why he said that, but since you asked i can't say i'm not inquisitive to hear the answer..? :huh:

i was quite perplexed ,its safe to say, as to why someone would go on to make such a bold/heavy be it even mildly outlandish statement..

you are not alone,most sensible people are thinking along the same lines....sure our guys have won a major victory,well done to them,but it isn't over yet....

Edited by HelRazor

This thread has turned into a very interesting discussion. I expected every tom, dick and harry in this forum JUST to make statements congratulating and encouraging the troops. That’s one of the reasons why I kept quite in the last couple of days especially since my views are considered politically biased (which I don’t completely disagree with. But just because they are politically biased that doesn’t mean they don’t make sense or there’s no truth in it)

I was very pleased to see the comments made by ripper, peri and KLM. Yes credit should be given when and where it is due but let’s not get too carried away. Remember they were driven away from their then capital of Elam Jaffna back in mid 90’s. Then government made similar comments to what the current regime is making right now. I even remember Rathwatte saying tigers have nowhere to run now but to jump to the sea (as both Elephantpass and Poonaryn were under SLA control when Jaffna was liberated) but we all know what happened few years later.

More to the point, you can't stop new blood joining the cause until that cause is eliminated. Which can't be eliminated completely. I'm quite sure even organizations like the KKK still have some support. The only way to get around it is education and changing attitudes, and not everyone can, or is willing, to do that. You can just hope to get society to a state where terrorists won't want to show themselves coz of the repercussions of living in society.

Anyway getting back to my main point, Peri, I can’t agree with you more on this. It is easy to kill or assassinate someone but it is not that easy to kill a concept or an ideology. But it is possible to diverge or change that ideology. I think that’s where this government has failed miserably (atleast till this moment). Say SLA capture the remaining tiger territory what’s next? A PC poll similar to what was held in Eastern province? Say the government does win that election by hook or by crook will that truly be the end of what did start as an ethnic conflict almost three decades ago? To this date the current administration has not even drafted a proposal to tackle the core issue of the conflict. APRC has been nothing but a joke. I hope atleast now they’ll put some thought and an effort in to that area so we can genuinely build up our hopes on achieving ever lasting peace.

but im predicting a massive (when i say massive i mean massive) political turmoil occuring within the next 5 or so years all thanks to these series of events. i'm not being biased to any side here. but i'm sure these wise men will be able to guess what it is. i'll give you guys a hint. its going to involve only one political party.

Very interesting comment mate. Care to walk me through your thought process.

The way I see it if the government go for a snap election now they are sure to win. but if they continue to neglect the country’s economy as they have been doing now people will soon forget about all the war victories and they are sure to lose the next general election which will be held in 5-6 years time (hopefully the main opposition will have a more charismatic leader by then). But the worst case scenario is if the government win a 2/3 majority in the parliament when they go for the snap election in the coming months they may/will change the constitution and vest more power on the executive and he’ll end up been a dictatorial figure.

been wondering that myself,surely all this struggle is for eventual peace,innit? :blink:

I think GFX simply failed to express his view clearly. I think (correct me if I’m wrong gihan) what he meant to say is he don’t recommend/support a ceasefire or peace talks at this moment. He would rather wait till the remaining enemy territory is captured.