• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AutoLanka G2G 2009 !!

Watchman

27 members have voted

1. 1. When would YOU like to meetup?

• Saturday
    • Sunday

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... i just went to FB to add some of you to my friend list and i realized what a small world we are living in.....

Accepted your friend request machan, nice to see you in person finally.

Hey guys,

here are some of my favorite shots..

I'm sending the rest over to MADZ so you should be able to see those on the gallery soon..

Dilesh, I have no words to say bro, especially the pics of Gihan's car are awesome. :action-smiley-033:

very nice pic..gihanfx's sti i presume...BTW gihan heard you were there but didn't get a chance to meet ya...only saw the car..maybe next time ne?....it was hard for me to get to know all of ya'll cos i dunno anyone by sight [/b] :)

dsc0827xa9.jpg

yeap machan cus of the big crowd didnt met few, but theres always a second chance

Dilesh, I have no words to say bro, especially the pics of Gihan's car are awesome. :action-smiley-033:

yeah machan im lovn all those 7 pics Dilesh took of my car, those are some awesome Photography, all the pics are superb,

Dilesh, you have chosen some fantastic angles for those photos, and you truly have a good eye for photography :) even if your HDR/tone mapping is extreme ;)

look forward to seeing the rest of the photos you took!

Thanks saturn!

yep, the shadows/tone is something i'm experimenting with these days. Still havent reached the top of the leaerning curve :) Thats probably the same thing HellRazor was referring to as well :D i'm not that big a fan of cloud-filled skied cos it almost always looks simply overexposed. So i've been trying out some new colour tones for such skies these days :)

Dilesh..i feeling so J for that pic of gihanFX car..damn!! i wish, that i could have gone home and come in other car :(

Saturn's photos were nice too, and Peri's are always great :D he've been doing this from long time ne..

we should arrange a photo-shoot day, with music, with food, don't you think so MADZ? then we can easily get nice photos of our rides, and as well as that of us with the rides :D - free of charge of course, i will make that list of names and e-mail address, so that the photographers can mail individual photos..hehe.

btw..i remember a different saturn during the AutoLanka meet up we had in Negambo - or closer to negambo, in Primart or something, Z? can u remember?? or was he someone else?

too bad i missed Bharath's treat..aiyoo..

saw Mr.GTR but couldn't talk to him :(

Edited by Kim

really <_< .....and here i was thinking that some people left their "lady" at home because she had a drinking problem :P:lol:

anyway you more than made up for it by saving my life remember......otherwise i would be in pieces by now courtesy of the good ol' "udarata menike" :D

:lol:

i think it was most likely the Ruhunu Kumari which nearly took you out! :o:D ...& technically we should all be thanking Grand Civic for the heads up :)

:lol:

i think it was most likely the Ruhunu Kumari which nearly took you out! :o:D ...& technically we should all be thanking Grand Civic for the heads up :)

yeah..we MUST, it wasn't grand civic who took me out, tall, fair, guy whom went in a civic, whos that? anyways, thanks a lot for saving us!

Saturn's photos were nice too, and Peri's are always great :D he've been doing this from long time ne..

we should arrange a photo-shoot day, with music, with food, don't you think so MADZ? then we can easily get nice photos of our rides, and as well as that of us with the rides :D - free of charge of course, i will make that list of names and e-mail address, so that the photographers can mail individual photos..hehe.

I'm nowhere this time machang. I really wasn't into it with the crowd and with the limited space. Those two have really gone outside the box.

As for the shoot idea, we tried that. My conclusion is that you really can't manage with a lot of cars, if your planning on doing all the cars. 2-3 cars is about it for the day. Unless you have the locations ready and keep things going like a conveyor belt. And then it all looks the same. If you take the time to move around and look to make each one unique, it takes time, and then you can't do a lot. Both Dilesh and I took Pila's and Sharky's cars, and it kept us busy the whole day. Of course the third member was too tired to push the clutch and drive such a long way <_< And I got caught in a minor storm so I had mud on mine.

Dilesh..i feeling so J for that pic of gihanFX car..damn!! i wish, that i could have gone home and come in other car :(

haha! thanks :)

As for a shoot as peri said it does take a fair bit of time unless you have the cars all ready to drive in and out of the exact spot you plan to photograph them at. But ten it does become quite monotonous. But hey, we have quite a few shutter-friendly people in the forum, so you can always split the cars up.. though sadly i wont be able to make it if its anytime in the near future...

I'm nowhere this time machang. I really wasn't into it with the crowd and with the limited space. Those two have really gone outside the box.

As for the shoot idea, we tried that. My conclusion is that you really can't manage with a lot of cars, if your planning on doing all the cars. 2-3 cars is about it for the day. Unless you have the locations ready and keep things going like a conveyor belt. And then it all looks the same. If you take the time to move around and look to make each one unique, it takes time, and then you can't do a lot. Both Dilesh and I took Pila's and Sharky's cars, and it kept us busy the whole day. Of course the third member was too tired to push the clutch and drive such a long way <_< And I got caught in a minor storm so I had mud on mine.

True. 2-3 sounds good, max of 5 cars perhaps... anything more and it may be hard to photo each car creatively.

I'd suggest a place near a carwash so the cars could be given a last quick wash and a bit of road space - doesn't need much but at least a little area between car and background, perhaps even space for a slow driveby for motion photos.. also preferrably when there's sunlight.

Gihan - I'd definitely like to take some more photos of your car - send me a PM sometime

Gihan - I'd definitely like to take some more photos of your car - send me a PM sometime

sure machan, when u free just PM me then we can arrange a place and time, and my car is always washed and waxed cus service stations around our area is very cheep, wash, wax and vacume for 250 Rs :action-smiley-060: