• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2009

Devinda_Z

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webber secures maiden Formula 1 pole

By Matt Beer Saturday, July 11th 2009, 13:02 GMT

Mark Webber secured the first pole position of his Formula 1 career at the Nurburgring, coming out on top of a thrilling rain-affected qualifying session.

The two Brawns will start second and third, with Rubens Barrichello ahead of Jenson Button, while Silverstone winner Sebastian Vettel only managed fourth on home ground.

After earlier rain, the track had dried in time for the pole shoot-out, which initially saw Barrichello on provisional pole before Lewis Hamilton showed McLaren's improvement by temporarily snatching the top spot.

He could not hold on to it though, as Webber swept through to take the place for R*D B*LL by 0.127 seconds over Barrichello, with Button and Vettel 0.007s apart on row two.

Hamilton still took a fine fifth, although his team-mate Heikki Kovalainen's sixth was arguably an even better achievement given that he does not have the full array of McLaren upgrades, and that he spun and clouted the wall early in the damp Q2.

Adrian Sutil was the hero of the hour, getting Force India into Q3 for the first time ever thanks to typically excellent wet weather form, and then beating the two Ferraris and Renault's Nelson Piquet to earn a shock seventh on the grid for his home race.

The drizzle started late in Q1, turned to rain by the start of Q2, briefly eased and then returned as the second segment drew to a close.

Barrichello brilliantly timed his Q2 run - sitting out the wetter early minutes then throwing in a lap on slicks in the brief window when the track was slightly quicker. That guaranteed his progress into Q3, while all his rivals had to scrabble through as the rain came down again in the ensuing minutes.

The highest-profile casualty of the late-Q2 lottery was Fernando Alonso, who spun his Renault at the chicane on what should have been his best lap, leaving him 12th - the first time he had ever been out-qualified by Piquet.

Both BMWs were out early on home ground, Nick Heidfeld taking 11th but Robert Kubica struggling to 16th, the Pole looking unlikely to progress even before the drizzle arrived.

Kazuki Nakajima spun on his out-lap in Q2 but recovered unscathed and at least beat his Williams team-mate Nico Rosberg as they took 13th and 15th, split by Toyota's Jarno Trulli.

The Italian's team-mate Timo Glock had a dreadful session, making several errors even on a dry track in Q1 and ending up 19th, alongside the under-pressure Sebastien Bourdais, who went off at Turn 1 on his last flying lap as the rain arrived.

Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3

1. Webber R*D B*LL-Renault 1:31.257 1:38.038 1:32.230

2. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 1:31.482 1:34.455 1:32.357

3. Button Brawn-Mercedes 1:31.568 1:39.032 1:32.473

4. Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault 1:31.430 1:39.504 1:32.480

5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:31.473 1:39.149 1:32.616

6. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:31.881 1:40.826 1:33.859

7. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:32.015 1:36.740 1:34.316

8. Massa Ferrari 1:31.600 1:41.708 1:34.574

9. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:31.869 1:41.730 1:34.710

10. Piquet Renault 1:32.128 1:35.737 1:34.803

11. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 1:31.771 1:42.310

12. Alonso Renault 1:31.302 1:42.318

13. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 1:31.884 1:42.500

14. Trulli Toyota 1:31.760 1:42.771

15. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:31.598 1:42.859

16. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:32.190

17. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:32.251

18. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 1:32.402

19. Glock Toyota 1:32.423

20. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:33.559

All Timing Unofficial

Source: Autosport

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop in to announce the just concluded Hungarian Grand Prix.

(Admin if I'm not allowed to do this, please delete. :unsure: )

26 Jul 2009

Race results - Hamilton takes shock win in Hungary

World champion Lewis Hamilton has won his first race of 2009 after a convincing victory in Budapest. In his revitalised McLaren, Hamilton came home over ten seconds clear of Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen. Mark Webber took third for R*D B*LL.

Hamilton seized the lead after pole man Fernando Alonso retired when a wheel came loose on his Renault. From there on the British driver never looked back. Full results...

FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2009Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Pts

1 1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 70 1:38:23.876 4 10

2 4 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 70 +11.5 secs 7 8

3 14 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 70 +16.8 secs 3 6

4 16 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 70 +26.9 secs 5 5

5 2 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 70 +34.3 secs 6 4

6 10 Timo Glock Toyota 70 +35.2 secs 13 3

7 22 Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes 70 +55.0 secs 8 2

8 9 Jarno Trulli Toyota 70 +68.1 secs 11 1

9 17 Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota 70 +68.7 secs 9

10 23 Rubens Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 70 +69.2 secs 12

11 6 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 70 +70.6 secs 15

12 8 Nelsinho Piquet Renault 70 +71.5 secs 14

13 5 Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 70 +74.0 secs 18

14 21 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 69 +1 Lap 16

15 11 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 69 +1 Lap 19

16 12 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 69 +1 Lap 10

Ret 15 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 29 +41 Laps 2

Ret 7 Fernando Alonso Renault 15 +55 Laps 1

Ret 20 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1 +69 Laps 17

I'd say the title says it all. "Shock Win" Guess the KERS really helps in long straights from the start. But I'll say that Raikonnen's 2nd was just pure luck (and obviously KERS at the start) cause Ferrari are still not on the pace. Mclaren seem like they are though. I'm dissapointed to say this cause i'm a big big Ferrari supporter. But thats the way this season has gone so far. And Massa is Stable for now from his crash in qualifying but will most likely miss the next couple of races.

Above results from formula 1.com. Hope its okay to post it here. :unsure:

I'd say the title says it all. "Shock Win" Guess the KERS really helps in long straights from the start. But I'll say that Raikonnen's 2nd was just pure luck (and obviously KERS at the start) cause Ferrari are still not on the pace. Mclaren seem like they are though. I'm dissapointed to say this cause i'm a big big Ferrari supporter. But thats the way this season has gone so far. And Massa is Stable for now from his crash in qualifying but will most likely miss the next couple of races.

Above results from formula 1.com. Hope its okay to post it here. :unsure:

There was no luck about anything Kimi did because after Monaco and the Nurburgring podiums, it was obvious that the Ferraris are alright on the higher downforce tracks. Kimi in fact said before the race that he thought a podium was possible here in Hungary. Sure, they aren't on the ultimate pace but it'll be interesting to see how Kimi and Bourdais do at Valencia. Yes, I said it, Sebastian Bourdais for the temporarily vacant Ferrari seat. :)

Dont think there was any luck in the Ferrari podium really- the team had a strong race overall...!

On other news: Renault has been banned from one race- pending an appeal. This is over 'Nando's Tyre incident. -this is the worst possible time for something like that to happen- after a GP2 driver was killed a couple of weeks back..

I take back what I said about Ferrari and Kimi. after what you guys have said and watching the highlights.. i guess i was just really dissapointed that he couldn't catch lewis and take the fight to the brit, and also the way he (Kimi) was struggling at the end. (though he was on the harder/poorer of the potenza's) hmm i would LOVE to see Schumi back in the red overalls again.. But as Steve Slators co-commentator said, Schumi's not going to jump back into an F1 car which he hasn't driven since last december.. Although miricles do happen :D:rolleyes: Bourdais? Ferrari?? I thought it'll most probably be the Ferrari #3 Mark Gene? (I think that's his name lol)

I take back what I said about Ferrari and Kimi. after what you guys have said and watching the highlights.. i guess i was just really dissapointed that he couldn't catch lewis and take the fight to the brit, and also the way he (Kimi) was struggling at the end. (though he was on the harder/poorer of the potenza's) hmm i would LOVE to see Schumi back in the red overalls again.. But as Steve Slators co-commentator said, Schumi's not going to jump back into an F1 car which he hasn't driven since last december.. Although miricles do happen :D:rolleyes: Bourdais? Ferrari?? I thought it'll most probably be the Ferrari #3 Mark Gene? (I think that's his name lol)

I think Kimi was lucky. I nearly knocked the TV off when he seemed like he was stuck in neutral in the 2nd pit stop.

I too think it will be Marc Gene.

Dont think there was any luck in the Ferrari podium really- the team had a strong race overall...!

On other news: Renault has been banned from one race- pending an appeal. This is over 'Nando's Tyre incident. -this is the worst possible time for something like that to happen- after a GP2 driver was killed a couple of weeks back..

Quite unfair to penalize the driver as well. A hefty fine would be fairer IMO.

• 1 month later...

30 Aug 2009

Race results - Raikkonen's victory, Fisichella's glory

Kimi Raikkonen took his fourth Belgian Grand Prix win on Sunday, but the Ferrari driver was pushed all the way by Force India's Giancarlo Fisichella, who finished less than a second behind the Finn.

Sebastian Vettel was third for R*D B*LL, ahead of the BMW Saubers of Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld. Brawn's Jenson Button failed to finish, but saw his championship lead cut by only two points

Woohoo!!! how AWESOME to see a Ferrari back on the top step! Although I must say after the launch from Kimi to get up to 2nd. it was pretty obvious. But well done Force India.. And to think they would've won.. :o Thank the dear lord for Raikkonen and KERS! lol Lets hope ferrari can repeat this again at Monza :rolleyes: and will someone please give Luca Badoer a kick up his ar**? lol

That’s was one hell of a run by Force India Fisichella.Equally good one by Ferrari’s Kimi.

Its never easy to pressure the leader glued behind and Fisi handled it well. All expected Force India to make multiple errors on strategies but they did amazingly well.

Guess Fisichella did a huge mistake when the SC pulled out by keeping a continuous speed. Knowing kimi blessed with KERS,Ideal scenario should’ve been slow and launch like all Karters do on rolling starts.

Anyways that was one great F1 weekend and Im glad Force India made it to points and rewarded with a podium finish

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...

well one of my faavourite tracks are here!! the super speed Monza racetrack. Italian grand prix 2009. and man its gonna be a stunner! Go Kimi!! :D :D

Qualifying - Hamilton pips Sutil to Monza pole

For moments it seemed that Force India were about to celebrate a consecutive pole position, following their Belgian success, after Adrian Sutil lapped Monza on Saturday afternoon in 1m 24.261s in Q3. But right at the very end Lewis Hamilton came blazing round for McLaren with 1m 24.066s to snatch the honour away.

Behind them, the KERS cars of Kimi Raikkonen and Heikki Kovalainen lined up third and fourth, the first Finn lapping in 1m 24.523s for Ferrari, the second in 1m 24.845s for McLaren.

Then came the Brawn GPs, with Rubens Barrichello acing Jenson Button, 1m 25.015s to 1m 25.030s. Seventh, with a good fuel load, was Vitantonio Liuzzi in the second Force India (1m 25.043s), ahead of Renault’s Fernando Alonso (1m 25.072s), and the Red Bulls of Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber (1m 25.180s and 1m 25.314s).

Button had grabbed the fastest time away from Hamilton right at the end of Q2, with Barrichello, Sutil, Liuzzi, Webber, Raikkonen and Alonso in pursuit. Toyota’s Jarno Trulli was the first to fail to make it through to Q3 after a lap of 1m 23.611s, which put him 11th ahead of Renault’s Romain Grosjean (1m 23.728s), BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica (1m 23.866s), Ferrari’s Giancarlo Fisichella (1m 23.901s) and BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld (1m 24.275s). It was not a great session for BMW Sauber, with both cars stopping in Turn One with engine failures.

As Raikkonen set the pace from Hamilton, Button, Barrichello, Kovalainen, Vettel, Sutil and Liuzzi (the two Force India separated by 0.002s!), Toyota nearly lost both cars in Q1, Trulli just squeaking into Q2 as team mate Timo Glock became the first faller with 1m 24.036s to the Italian's 1m 24.014s.

The other two Toyota-engined cars also failed, Kazuki Nakajima lapping his Williams in 1m 24.074s to team mate Nico Rosberg’s 1m 24.121s as they took 17th and 18th. And the two Toro Rossos were at the back, in stark contrast to last year. Sebastien Buemi lapped his in 1m 24.220s to Jaime Alguersuari’s 1m 24.951s. The latter's 20th position renders a five-place penalty for a pre-session gearbox penalty largely meaningless.

Overall, the times up the front are so close that it is going to be a terrific race

Viva Ferrari!! :D (no I'm not a part of the Tifosi! :P lol)

Race results - Brawn bounce back with one-two at Monza

Rubens Barrichello has won the Italian Grand Prix, beating Brawn team mate Jenson Button by 2.8s, cutting Button's championship lead to 14 points in the process. Kimi Raikkonen took the final podium spot for Ferrari after McLaren's Lewis Hamilton crashed out of third place on the final lap.

Fourth went to Force India's Adrian Sutil, followed by Renault's Fernando Alonso and McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen.

Excellent strategy br Brawn. they just took the race away after the first and only pitstops..

I would like to point out, that Hamilton is an EXCELLENT driver and a fantastic racer.. BUT. he is still a Rookie! Everyone has forgotten that. He's only in his 3rd season. I'm quite sick of ppl goin on about how great he his.. He needs more experience.. In another 4-5 years time or more, I say he'll be unstoppable. But for now ppl need to calm down all the hype about him. He maybe world champion. But he still needs wayy more experiance. Today's race proved it. anyways.. just my personal feelings :rolleyes: . But good race in the end :)

Brawns once again proved,the value of race strategies.If you cant overtake other cars do it in pits...

My hero of the day is Sutil.He glued behind Kimi's KERS Ferrari from start to end.Guess Hamilton just threw away his well established 3rd for nothing.Thats was another great F1 Sunday.

MINIACE

Brawns once again proved,the value of race strategies.If you cant overtake other cars do it in pits...

My hero of the day is Sutil.He glued behind Kimi's KERS Ferrari from start to end.Guess Hamilton just threw away his well established 3rd for nothing.Thats was another great F1 Sunday.

MINIACE

Is the break up true about Hamil?

Force India continue to amaze. I'm wondering where the new found pace has come from. I know there's been a tech transfer from Merc but then, they've been even better than McLaren in the last two!

I know there's been a tech transfer from Merc but then, they've been even better than McLaren in the last two!

Hey, Lewis was leading over the Force India! Besides, its not that big a deal when you consider the Brawns are Merc powered and they have been consistently better than the McLarens this year, right?

Its a big deal when you consider the difference in budgets

Do you have the difference in budgets? I mean the only people with money to throw around these days are the Indians and the Chinese. Hence the take over of Land Rover and Jaguar. And McLaren gets an extra allocation on the budget cap coz they use KERS, right? Not too sure how this limit thing works.

Anyway, it becomes not a big deal when you consider that Brawn wouldn't be one of the top spending teams either. Think Brawn outspends Force India?

I meant between Mclaren and Brawn & FI. Nope no budget cap variances this year. Difficult to say who outspends who when it comes to Brawn vs FI. In my opinion- FI would have a larger budget, considering that Brawn would have been conservative due to the uncertainty when putting the team together early season.

Mclaren are partners with Mercedes and has several key middle eastern shareholders. Their budget is probably in the top three highest in F1- along with Ferrari and Toyota