• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Car Club Run To Kalutara

milindu

Funny you mention, I had a similar experience with the CCC. I have a car with the year of manufacture 1980. As per the constitution on the web, it states that cars over 25 years are eligible. But when I inquired, they said that it is 30 years and older. There are only two of these cars in the coutry and the other one can been seen on the CCC motor shows.

Therefore, I also decided not to join the club.

Is there any possibility of knowing what this exciting car is??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pity. If I were you I would talk and find out exactly what the problem was. You really should.

If your mini is not an original they could make a fuss. But then you've got a Fiat 600 as well.

I think we must take this up , with the Committee.

It stinks to high heaven ( I am not known for my Subtlety :angry-smiley-048: ) .

When I put in my application, there was a person who came home and actually checked if I had the two classics I claimed I had !! Even wanted to check the RC books and check to see if the engine numbers matched !!

This is good as it means only real classics enter at least in theory.

I think you need to ask the reason for the rejection from your sponsors.

This is good as it means only real classics enter at least in theory.

As you and I know there are some "un"real classics in the club as well. And if anything some of the older members are adding cars that have zero history in SL. Very mysterious!!!!

I'm not against or for non original cars. But the rule must apply to all without any discrimination!

My view:

This is a common problem for most of SL car and motor racing clubs - our senior generation is very keen in their prestige and they don’t realize or think the long future ahead.

Everything will resolve gradually when the Committee of CCC is taken over by next generation. Now they have couple of young individuals and the number will increase gradually.

My view:

This is a common problem for most of SL car and motor racing clubs - our senior generation is very keen in their prestige and they don’t realize or think the long future ahead.

Everything will resolve gradually when the Committee of CCC is taken over by next generation. Now they have couple of young individuals and the number will increase gradually.

Personally i dont think that is going to be much of a solution.... most of the big names have sons who are also in the CCC, and rather unfortunately they too appear to share the same viewpoint as the previous generation. IMO there isnt an end to this particular situ in sight, of course i Could be wrong (in fact I Hope i am!)

meantime, perhaps some enterprising individual/group should think about a new club... Classic Car Club of SRI LANKA anyone? :lol:

This is a GREAT IDEA. Count me in too, I am sure more to follow.

Evolution and change will always happen.

Well there are much more stories about the CCC , if you talk to some of the older generation both within and outside

the club they will tell.

CCC will become history, from classic to vintage and .......

Good luck

Cheers

count me in

In all seriousness chaps, that was merely an idea i that i tossed out, something I've been thinking about for some time since i was made aware of just what the level of politics in the CCC is.....

Personally speaking, Im all for it.... of course it'll take some legwork and some proper commitment, but i gues it can be done....Like the mazda-ford club I suppose we could use AL as the launching point....

yes guys thats great i am in too,lets put heart n soul and form one and show those chaps who think that the younger generation cant own a classic....

hi guys,

can we identify 3 / 5 ppl to statup the club initially?

GMI

guys,hate be a killjoy,but if you are to form a new breakaway club because you are not happy with existing one,you will have to portray that the new one is free of all the old one's evil's,I do not agree with some of CCCC's actions but some of it's guidlines do help to maintain a steady ship and help to ward away the incompetent's.

the new one will have to relenquish some power so that democracy prevails,but i'm afraid that doing so will result in some loss of credibility...

i think competition is great,and i'm all for it,but some serious thinking and planning will have to be done before doing so,otherwise it will end up like autolanka's hopelessly pathetic breakaway competitor website....

just my 2 cents...and i offer any help i can give you :)

guys,hate be a killjoy,but if you are to form a new breakaway club because you are not happy with existing one,you will have to portray that the new one is free of all the old one's evil's,I do not agree with some of CCCC's actions but some of it's guidlines do help to maintain a steady ship and help to ward away the incompetent's.

the new one will have to relenquish some power so that democracy prevails,but i'm afraid that doing so will result in some loss of credibility...

i think competition is great,and i'm all for it,but some serious thinking and planning will have to be done before doing so,otherwise it will end up like autolanka's hopelessly pathetic breakaway competitor website....

just my 2 cents...and i offer any help i can give you :)

You're right mate.... like i said, long hard road with a lot of graft involved before something like this can get off the ground. Personally I think the administration aspect of the CCCC is handled reasonably well, and their guidelines (Bar one or two, such as that ridiculous age limit for cars) are sound.... I just despise the politics, and the "old boys' club" mentality that CERTAIN PPL in it have....

As you say any new body will do well to take a long look at the guidelines, by-laws etc as they are quite comprehensive and would provide a decent model to start with.

"Alfa is a unique way of living and feeling a car. There is no definition that explains what Alfa really is. You can compare it with those irrational emotions, that sometimes have a human spirit, for which it is impossible to find a logical explanation. We are in the domain of feelings, passion, of things that are closer to a man's heart than his brain." - Orazio Satta Puglia

thats a spiffy new signature you've got there!

very apt (& i'm certain you'll attest to be true! :) )

thats a spiffy new signature you've got there!

very apt (& i'm certain you'll attest to be true! :) )

Of course I do. Couldn't have put it better.

This guy Satta Puglia is the dude who designed the legendary twin cam. 70 kilos lighter than Lampredi's Fiat TC and over 100kilos lighter that the Lotus TC. A production run of 40+ years, Plus a competition record that no 4-pot can ever hope to match! Legendary!

Of course I do. Couldn't have put it better.

This guy Satta Puglia is the dude who designed the legendary twin cam. 70 kilos lighter than Lampredi's Fiat TC and over 100kilos lighter that the Lotus TC. A production run of 40+ years, Plus a competition record that no 4-pot can ever hope to match! Legendary!

Respect!

thats quite the legacy to leave behind!

Believe me guys it's not an easy job. And a thankless one at that...... So I think we should make do with our existing club but fight for our rights none the less.

you make a solid point there.... but nonetheless one is bound to wonder whether fighting will actually get us any rights, considering the entrenched mentalities of some of the big names.

you make a solid point there.... but nonetheless one is bound to wonder whether fighting will actually get us any rights, considering the entrenched mentalities of some of the big names.

When I was a new member I wasn't happy the way I was treated. On a certain occassion my guests and I were humiliated. I then kicked up a massive row (not in public the way some people have tried and made asses of themselves). In wrote strong letters to the comittee expressing my displeasure. I discussed the matter in a civil way with some of the other senior members.

Before I knew it the then Prez was on "Machan" terms with me :lol: . He made a reluctant appology, somewhat disguised as well :lol:

But from, that time we (the young crowd) were treated well! :) Of course we constantly give feedback to the higher-ups we are close with....

The Classic Car Club will be having a run to Kalutara (Kani Lanka) on Saturday the 7th of February, 2009 starting from Marine Drive (Near The Keells Super) at 7.30 am in the morning.

Yet to be informed if there will be any action at the Katu Track.

I’ve heard that only 4 ~ 5 classics turned up for actions (though the committee alone has 20 odd members) and sponsors had to bear utter loss on this event – wonder whether this is true?

I’ve heard that only 4 ~ 5 classics turned up for actions (though the committee alone has 20 odd members) and sponsors had to bear utter loss on this event – wonder whether this is true?

the segment on Tv showed mostly bits of the start - noticed a coupla Spitfires etc.

not too many though - hard to put a number based purely on the little that was aired

sponsored by Browns "EXIDE" - they seemed to have gone to a lot of effort pushing their brand

No AFAIK there were around 15 to 20 cars....