• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Car Club Run To Kalutara

milindu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me guys it's not an easy job. And a thankless one at that...... So I think we should make do with our existing club but fight for our rights none the less.

Yup, takes a lot of work and a lot of dedication and then also patience. he he he

Anyway, I feel that with all of us automobilisti :rolleyes: (yo Devinda is dat a new word mate? ) on AL, we must form a Autolanka club or ClubAutolanka. Or even a new name if Madz does not like the Al usage.

ALL cars, all makes, all ages, F*** the prejudices, F*** the " you must be this " or " drive this to be a member" attitude.

We, who are members of other clubs can bring our experience, and dedication and members as well. We can get sponsors too as we will have all different cars , and I know that we have some really nice people on Al, who will give it their all.

So whether its a Mazda , Mercedes, or a Ferrari we can have fun doing what our machines were designed to do : DRIVE and have fun.

The MazdaFord club too is quiet :rolleyes: as we are all trying to survive in this harsh economic :violent-smiley-030: environment, but that does not mean we must go quietly into the night ........

So what say we guys all put our collective mouths where our collective money is and meet :alc: to discuss this ?

My favourite quote :

Growing Old is Mandatory.

Growing Up is NOT ! :party-smiley-019:

Anyway, I feel that with all of us automobilisti :rolleyes: (yo Devinda is dat a new word mate? ) on AL, we must form a Autolanka club or ClubAutolanka. Or even a new name if Madz does not like the Al usage.

ALL cars, all makes, all ages, F*** the prejudices, F*** the " you must be this " or " drive this to be a member" attitude.

We, who are members of other clubs can bring our experience, and dedication and members as well. We can get sponsors too as we will have all different cars , and I know that we have some really nice people on Al, who will give it their all.

So whether its a Mazda , Mercedes, or a Ferrari we can have fun doing what our machines were designed to do : DRIVE and have fun.

My favourite quote :

Growing Old is Mandatory.

Growing Up is NOT ! :party-smiley-019:

tha't a super idea pradfred...i'm game

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in my automotive dream.I HAVE A DREAM, that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cars are created equal".I HAVE A DREAM,I have a dream that my liitle cars will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by the color of their paint but by the content of their character.I HAVE A DREAM,I have a dream that one day every VW beetle shall be exalted, and every hillman and mini shall be made low, the rolls royces will be made plain, and the crooked rides will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all things on wheels shall see it together." :D

Edited by HelRazor

tha't a super idea pradfred...i'm game

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in my automotive dream.I HAVE A DREAM, that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cars are created equal".I HAVE A DREAM,I have a dream that my liitle cars will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by the color of their paint but by the content of their character.I HAVE A DREAM,I have a dream that one day every VW beetle shall be exalted, and every hillman and mini shall be made low, the rolls royces will be made plain, and the crooked rides will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all things on wheels shall see it together." :D

MLK will be spinning in his grave right about now! :P

but this is really an idea that has a lot of merit, AL is anyway sorta like a club already, so its only the official bits and bobs that need to be sorted.

Who's going to be the lucky volunteer for the job?

Edited by Supra_Natural

but this is really an idea that has a lot of merit, AL is anyway sorta like a club already, so its only the official bits and bobs that need to be sorted.

Who's going to be the lucky volunteer for the job?

Oooooh nice question . :sarcastic_hand:

I think we guys will have to meet up, as everyone will like to do it but "Volunteer"??? :speechless-smiley-004: I doubt he he .

Run for miles . :whistle2:

Lets try and arrange a meeting with the guys on this thread ( As a start) and take it from there. Peri & Madz invited of course.

it'll be interesting to see what the countries legilation says about formation of autmotive/sporting clubs... :unsure:

:angry-smiley-048:

I did check when we were doing the MFOC , it says you have to have a constitution and Agm etc .

I suggest we first just "Hang Out" as we did with the MFOC, and if the club really clicks and everyone is fully on board then we get serious.

As Supra says after the idea the thread went a bit quiet <_< , after the volunteer question methinks :rolleyes:

So as always it will be upto a few petrolheads, to get the thing going. As I suggested in a previous discussion first and foremost we need to meet up......that seems to be a big issue........

Any suggestions on a quick get together ? Since there is a drought on I suggest somewghere we can get something cool down our gullets :alc::action-smiley-015:

Shall post a New thread ?

I did check when we were doing the MFOC , it says you have to have a constitution and Agm etc .

I suggest we first just "Hang Out" as we did with the MFOC, and if the club really clicks and everyone is fully on board then we get serious.

As Supra says after the idea the thread went a bit quiet <_< , after the volunteer question methinks :rolleyes:

So as always it will be upto a few petrolheads, to get the thing going. As I suggested in a previous discussion first and foremost we need to meet up......that seems to be a big issue........

Any suggestions on a quick get together ? Since there is a drought on I suggest somewghere we can get something cool down our gullets :alc::action-smiley-015:

Shall post a New thread ?

I asked that question in all seriousness machan, But would be more than willing to pitch in and give a hand to get the show on the road if we really are doing it... So, shall we organize a meetup?

drafting a constitution is no major issue...

a little time consuming to make a proper one which allows good governance and ensures the continuity of the club regardless of any issues which may or may not arise within and amoungst members as time goes by...

I asked that question in all seriousness machan, But would be more than willing to pitch in and give a hand to get the show on the road if we really are doing it... So, shall we organize a meetup?

since when have you ever been enticed by the prospect of "a cold one" ":P

all this should probably be taken over on to this thread http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ost&p=88433

Lets try and arrange a meeting with the guys on this thread ( As a start) and take it from there. Peri & Madz invited of course.

anyways don't want to sound like a party pooper but this idea was first initiated or talked about few years ago (around 2005 me think) unfortunately it never took off the ground. anyone remember why????

but now this forum got some very energetic and enthusiastic individuals so i don't see why it'll fail this time around. so let me be the first to wish good luck.

on top of organizing track days and other fun stuff it'll be nice if this club can act as a mouthpiece on behalf of the motoring community. especially to make corrections when government buffoons make comments from their asses. remember about a year or two ago a person form the RDA said its good not to maintain roads so it'll force people to drive carefully (can't remember the exact quote but something along those lines. i think it was velo who posted that article) another example is yet another buffoon said motor sports is a burden to the local economy as fuel is subsidized. You boys get my point don’t you?

I remember while organizing the last G2G there was a suggestion to have a AL buzzers night out. What do you boys say we kick start that idea lol

why don't we kill two birds in one stone...have a boozer g2g and form a new club....how's about this weekend or monday?....i'm free at all times except sunday morning :)