• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise When Ac On

10000BC

Question

Hi friends,

I own a Mazda; Mazda Familia '96 BHALP but it has a problem with AC. When I on the AC the I can hear a Creeek noise from the engine compartment. If I increase the rpm of the engine it reduces. I think there should be a worn part. What would be it?

Thanks

1o0o0bC

9 answers to this question

Hi friends,

I own a Mazda; Mazda Familia '96 BHALP but it has a problem with AC. When I on the AC the I can hear a Creeek noise from the engine compartment. If I increase the rpm of the engine it reduces. I think there should be a worn part. What would be it?

Thanks

1o0o0bC

This is a known problem in some Mazda's... the noise you hear is the rasor from you A/C compressor.. probably worn out. Not sure of the process to replace it, but why not have it checked.

Edited by Bugatti

This is a known problem in some Mazda's... the noise you hear is the rasor from you A/C compressor.. probably worn out. Not sure of the process to replace it, but why not have it checked.

pulley bearing, not a tough job in some compressors. I've done this on Toyota compressor and it was not required to take the compressor out depends on the location of the compressor in engine bay.

Yes, Once I had an AC service and I told the matter to them. But they were not 100% sure about the matter but they told the noise is coming from the compressor. A little noise was there when I buy this car and the previous owner also said the noise is coming from the Razor in compressor.. However any idea on replacement process? Do I need to release AC fluid in order to make a razor replacement :( :(

Thanks a lot

Yes, Once I had an AC service and I told the matter to them. But they were not 100% sure about the matter but they told the noise is coming from the compressor. A little noise was there when I buy this car and the previous owner also said the noise is coming from the Razor in compressor.. However any idea on replacement process? Do I need to release AC fluid in order to make a razor replacement :( :(

Thanks a lot

yep...you'll have to re-gas it and it's not a big deal nor is it pricey...

the bearing too doesn't cost a lot it's just the process that's a bit of time and money consuming...

It could most case be the razor- I too had the same issue and it was the razor.

I had to replace the razor in mine and since the compressor is not a unit that can be services- I had to replace the compressor – which meant the replacing of gas and I changed the filter at the same time.

The AC dude said I should go for a Piston type compressor rather than the standard compressor but the drawback is that you lose power- hence don’t replace with any piston type- a recon compressor would be around 6-8000/-

Drop me mail if you want some clarifications etc [email protected]

Good luck

It could most case be the razor- I too had the same issue and it was the razor.

I had to replace the razor in mine and since the compressor is not a unit that can be services- I had to replace the compressor – which meant the replacing of gas and I changed the filter at the same time.

The AC dude said I should go for a Piston type compressor rather than the standard compressor but the drawback is that you lose power- hence don’t replace with any piston type- a recon compressor would be around 6-8000/-

Drop me mail if you want some clarifications etc [email protected]

Good luck

Hi Thank you for your kind help.. The emails are bouncing.. :( my email address is [email protected]... please be kind enough to drop a mail.. Thanks a lot

Most probably in the AC clutch pully. You can check this when the bonnet opened try to accelerate the vehicle and see if you can see the metal dust from the ac pully area if this is the case you may have to replace the pully <_<