• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Aria

Lalinda

Can you guys give some info on Honda Fit Aria (Honda City Japanese domestic version) 2005/2006 model?

I have checked couple of threads here in AL, but couldn’t find the info I need. One thread doesnt even have a single reply.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4840

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=5126

Would appreciate if you guys could provide following info.

Reliability issues of its CVT gear box.

Maintenance cost of CVT gear boxes.

Does this car have a variant with a standard auto box (non CVT).

Your experiences and any information that one should know before buying this car.

However, from current market investigations it seems like there is no or very little price difference between an unreg 2005/2006 Honda Fit Aria and a registered late J series or early K series 2002 Toyota Allion. If the idea is to use the new buy for more than 5 years, what would you guys recommend with your experiences with these cars? Specially the Honda Fit Aria.

Edited by Lalinda

hmmm thats odd , i recall there being a few threads , especially one with a satisfied user droning on n on about how good the fuel economy is..

haven't heard anything about the city to be able to comment on the CVT box etc . sorry :(

Yeah I remember that too.. I think that was with the i-DSI engine and his trip computer saying it’s doing about 20 Kmpl or something... CVT should also be having some impact on that as well if it’s really doing that. However, I haven’t seen a City or Aria at car sales which have trip computers with fuel consumption indicators. That is a bit confusing. I hope someone here knows more about this.

However, rather than its fuel consumption figures, what I’m interested in knowing is if there are any maintenance issues with the CVT boxes and general reliability of Honda Fit Aria. I have seen a few Honda City's (Export version) going very cheap compared to its rivals like Toyota Vios. A 2003 vios is about 2.4 or 2.5 mil while asking price for a same period City is much less. Even saw one car for 2.1 mil. I know it depends on the condition of a car, but I’m referring to average prices here. So looks like there will be a big drop in resale price, therefore all aspects should be looked at.

Wish there was a reviews section in Autolanka. I know the forums are something that could or rather already being used for this. However, it’s not the easiest/quickest place to find out exact details. There are plenty of international sites where this info is present, but it doesn’t give the true picture for cars that are on our shores in local conditions/factors.

HONDA CVT is problamatic :( . Other tahn that car is reliable. CVT gives problem in japaneese make CIVIC, HRV and CRV s but I don't know about CITY and AREA.

Once you get the problem with CVT, It is better to replace the gear box rather than repairing it.

If you could find a AMT or Manual transmission. 100% OK. :)

cheers,

I've seen them. And I love the outer look. My personal favorite colour is the metallic champaign gold. Looked awesome.

as with most modern day small-ish sedans , personally it looks as though the wheels are too small and the body is a tad too tall - i realize this is what makes it possible to fit adults inside without much discomfort , but from a purely aesthetic perspective it doesn't seem altogether proportionate

as with most modern day small-ish sedans , personally it looks as though the wheels are too small and the body is a tad too tall - i realize this is what makes it possible to fit adults inside without much discomfort , but from a purely aesthetic perspective it doesn't seem altogether proportionate

whats that saying? empty vessels....

no! its, Great minds think alike :D

However, from current market investigations it seems like there is no or very little price difference between an unreg 2005/2006 Honda Fit Aria and a registered late J series or early K series 2002 Toyota Allion. If the idea is to use the new buy for more than 5 years, what would you guys recommend with your experiences with these cars? Specially the Honda Fit Aria.

you are on a classic dilema between buying a newer smaller car versus buying a bigger older car (i know in this instant comparison to size may not be that appropriate) i think your choice should depend on how you going to finance the buy. if you are going ot go for a lease better buy the unreg as you'll get the VAT advantage. if you are going to pay cash then it really is up to you. if i were you i'd pick the financing option you can never know when you may come across a newer expense.