• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My 1/18 Scale Model Collection

rangerover

Here are few items i have added recently to my collection.

015.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

NIIIIIICE :) Incidently, are these not from the same vintage?

Edited by SHAI

• 3 months later...

Nice collection! I've got some ancient Bburagos, Majorette and Hotwheels but I stopped collecting while in my late teens. Also I tended to play with them quite a bit, so nothing show worthy although I'm still hanging on to them in the event they become collectors items in the next decade or so (the quality of most 1:64 models these days is appalling compared to what they were 25 years ago!).

Nice collection! I've got some ancient Bburagos, Majorette and Hotwheels but I stopped collecting while in my late teens. Also I tended to play with them quite a bit, so nothing show worthy although I'm still hanging on to them in the event they become collectors items in the next decade or so (the quality of most 1:64 models these days is appalling compared to what they were 25 years ago!).

Thanks. Yeah, mine are mostly Bburago, Maisto and some other US brands, and I have been collecting 'em since I was like 8yrs old. Maisto ones seem to be of lesser quality compared to Bburago when it comes to paint work and overall finish I guess. Hey, why don't you post some pics of what you have!

Edited by 360_Cruiser

They were all put into storage a while back. All I have these days are these uber cute 1:87 models from Malibu International.

4040803698_7811bbf600.jpg

4040805866_f7a8de7de0.jpg

4040805088_7cb38ef7de.jpg

4040055095_1770755d39.jpg

Plus a few more in my bookcase at the office (people played with them making "vroom vroom" sounds when I had them on my desk). The company has, sadly, gone out of business, and you'll be lucky to find any at Walmart (the only place in Georgia where these were sold), and those on ebay are going for 2-3 times more in price.

Edited by terrabytetango

Well may as well dump a few of mine in here ... lol

These are the only two 1:24 scale cars I have. They are limeted edition Franklin Mint models. 1964.5 Ford Mustang and 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350

DSC_6024.jpg

Rest of them all revolve around the GM Fbody and some other muscle cars...

http://picasaweb.google.com/tburah1/MyCollectionOfModelCars#

Hi guys....

New to post...but have been reading AL for ages...having informally met some of you last year during my visit to CMB,

must say Auto Lanka is an excellant effort by you guys....congrats.

After drooling over supercars (the kind that I thought I'll never see in flesh) started collecting a limited series of 70s to 90s speed machines in 1/18 scale.

My collection is 99% complete and I'm currently waiting for the final model to be released by Autoart.

Was having trouble posting pix...hopefully will be able soon.

Well may as well dump a few of mine in here ... lol

These are the only two 1:24 scale cars I have. They are limeted edition Franklin Mint models. 1964.5 Ford Mustang and 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350

DSC_6024.jpg

Rest of them all revolve around the GM Fbody and some other muscle cars...

http://picasaweb.google.com/tburah1/MyCollectionOfModelCars#

Like your muscle car collection!

• 1 month later...

Now THIS is what i call plain AWESOME

Man Builds Detailed Model Cars From Discarded Aluminum Cans

500xsandysandersoncanca.jpg

Meet Sandy Sanderson from New Zealand. Needing something to keep himself occupied after breaking his wrist in a motorcycle accident, he started building amazing model cars from discarded aluminum cans. His incredibly intricate work below.

Rest of the Story including instructions how to make Cancars and tons of pictures of his creations over at

Jalopnik.com

Edited by Supra_Natural

Fantastic talent it is dont you think? The instructions included make me highly tempted to try doing one sometime... The Coke can Moke for example..

Hmm thats temping...thought of trying the same....need to empty half a dozen beer cans first :lol:

MINIACE

did you source them locally? how much is the autoart millenium edition being sold here? since ur models are some of the recent releases, would have costed a bit

Alas no. The Toyota from Austria when I visited and the Lambo from the US through a friend. They were both on special offer so they cost me around 10k a piece.

Need to get that red Lancia Fulvia Coupe too. Hope Santa Clause is reading :D

I hope mine says i'm too old to be playing with Toys and goes and gets the real one of those! :lol:

speaking of which, did anyone pick it up?? :huh: the Red one?

Red and the Black are both now with new owners and under full blown restoration. Lucky owners!

• 1 month later...

WOW those Michael Smith dioramas were awesome..........

You've got a very nice collection of cars too my friend.....I especialy like the Pug 205. :)

• 8 months later...