• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Eg8 - Mods - 11lakhs - Estimate

da_kool_guy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said machan, thats why i said Ricer is Ricer, no matter what u cant change them.

Thanks. Honestly, this sorta thing saddens me a bit. If this were any other country where theres infinite no of cars, then it's no big deal when people wreck them and they are consigned to a junkyard where they belong.

What happens here is that when someone like this buys a car with the explicit purpose of wrecking it, they end up selling it in the paper described as 'carefully used by engineer' and some other person buys it and ends up having to fix all the mistakes the original user did...

What to do.. this is one of those things like traffic or pollution that we just can't fix in our lives..

Anyway, anyone who buys a Honda eg8 kinda knows what they are getting int :( Personally, I shudder when I see some of these cars on the road. Not because there is anything wrong with these cars - they are wonderful machines - rather, because the people who drive them have sort of become a stereotype :(

On an unrelated note, I owe you a photoshoot of your car :) really want to do that one of these days!!

Edited by Saturn

Thanks. Honestly, this sorta thing saddens me a bit. If this were any other country where theres infinite no of cars, then it's no big deal when people wreck them and they are consigned to a junkyard where they belong.

What happens here is that when someone like this buys a car with the explicit purpose of wrecking it, they end up selling it in the paper described as 'carefully used by engineer' and some other person buys it and ends up having to fix all the mistakes the original user did...

What to do.. this is one of those things like traffic or pollution that we just can't fix in our lives..

Anyway, anyone who buys a Honda eg8 kinda knows what they are getting int :( Personally, I shudder when I see some of these cars on the road. Not because there is anything wrong with these cars - they are wonderful machines - rather, because the people who drive them have sort of become a stereotype :(

On an unrelated note, I owe you a photoshoot of your car :) really want to do that one of these days!!

like you said Hondas a very nice powerfull cars to drive and its more fun too, i have driven few hondas and some mean mechines use to run T20 Turbo on a D15 and a EK3 with a H22A in it, but all of those didnt had any bulky bodykits, neons, big spoilers etc

Its nice to do a small lip body kit, set of 15 inch alloys and a decent paint, but its not happening in Sri Lanka, thats sad, specially most people think owning a honda is been a Racer, even in this case Kool_guy want to buy a Eg8 and modify it, he even dnt knw whats the engine in it, i feel so sorry abt die hard Honda Fans

machan thesedays my car is in garage, my brand new walbro 255L fuel pump is not working properly, im getn my car out of the garage tomorrow so i pm u asap, cheers

Now now boys, behave. Obviously, I didn't unapprove that post fast enough, coz there are two replies now. Even a mod needs down time to attend family weddings! (Side Rant : And he went away in a CRV. I swear these people are trying to insult me. The last one was a Geely. How the heck am I supposed to take pics of the going away when they go away in a damn GEELY?!?)

Anyhoo, Now is time to let this go. No more ragging on the new dude, unless he says something new thats worth ragging on. Old topic closed. Everyone has had their say on the topic and behavior, right? He has decided to be sensible, now everyone else show some sensibility too. They say you can catch more flies with honey :) Might change the man more easily being nice than being nasty. Answer the technicals, leave the rest.

machan thesedays my car is in garage, my brand new walbro 255L fuel pump is not working properly, im getn my car out of the garage tomorrow so i pm u asap, cheers

now don't use too many technical terms here cos rice boy might fit one of those to his single carb civic :lol:

OK OK...i'll take the first step.....................IM SORRY............i apologize for everything i did....

hellrazor, kotte mafia, the charith buwa... and others.......are we kool now?

yeah we cool...no worries...be cool and keep posting,then you'll fit right in among us...and do keep us updated of your project mate... :)

oh...and by the way...welcome to autolanka! :D

yeah we cool...no worries...be cool and keep posting,then you'll fit right in among us...and do keep us updated of your project mate... :)

oh...and by the way...welcome to autolanka! :D

Thnks homie.. i take your warm welcome as a good sign...

here we go.. lets get synchronized.. :D

i talked with a guy from tokyo who works for GM (he is a WAN security personnel). He gave him word to send me required fluids to dope the lady.. but the thing is.. is it really required to fit all the following customs?

Cold Air Intake 250$ K&N

Race header + Exhaust system 700$ DC sports

Throttle bodies 800$ Obx

Pads and Rotors 500$

TEIN EDFC + Type SS Full Coilovers 1500$

<<<< this is the list i got from that guy....

i also heard he told me to go after starlet GT rather than spending all the money for an old EG8????

is there any starlet GT in SL? if so how about the price?

if i can get a car from japan.. is there any way to prepare original documents for it? at least something cant be easily traced and tackled?

<<<<< If i ever have made a ridiculous mistake, vocab or anything, plz be excused >>>>>>

Edited by da_kool_guy

Now you are talking! Welcome to the club mate! :D

cold air intakes are a bit overrated. cos most people do a pretty rubbish job installing it. i could show you how to achieve nearly identical performance with an uprated panel filter and some tubing.

an uprated Header is the most rewarding mod and i suggest you get a sport cat to go with it. and for the love of god please get a quiet system like hks silent power. they are pretty good at making less noisy systems in japan.

if you are willing spend $800 on a throttle body i suggest you go for ITBs. they'll give you superb induction noise and non of the rice boys will be able to match it with their ghey "beat barrels"

pads and rotors will cost you a lot more than that mate. and invest on some brake lines as well. goodridge is the best.

Teins are a must. but don't go for edfc's cos you'll hardly ever harness their full potential unless you are on a track. just get s techs or some superwagons. and upgrade the shocks with koni adjustables. its one of the best street suspension combos available.

a few things you missed, lightened pulleys (unorthodox or obx) grounding wires, lightened flywheel, quick shifter, engine torque damper, and uprated clutch and clutch lines. and possibly some vtec tuning.

as for visual mods keep it as basic as you can add a tiny boot spoiler and some very subtle skirts and lip spoilers if you must. and go for some 14" steel lightweights cos trust me it'll make a difference.

after you are done just wait for a rice boy to pull up next to you in his ruined honda at traffic lights cos trust me you'll love the expression on his face when you "smoke" him :D

alright now...welcome to AL..:lol:

it seems that you have a very good budget.If thats the case why dont you forget about the engine mods that you have mentioned in your last post and drop in a B series engine under the bonnet. A good B-Series would instantaly give you a power boost over the SOHC carby engines and vtec engines and these have more tuning potential than the SOHCs..get better brakes(this is a must specially considering yours driving history) and suspension. After you have done all this, go ahead with the mods that you have mentioned in your last post....

Dont kill any innocent people on the road.If you feel like you are going to lose control, always aim for a tree or a brick wall..

Edited by GearHead

If the dude has that much money, why waste it on a EG8? Get a decent car with decent ooomph and be content?

No? Won't work? Is that just me? :))

Adding the 1.1M he will have to part with to get the car, plus close to 800k worth of mods will put him in the range of a decent 1999 -2004 Civic RS... correct me if I am wrong.

thankz alot people .... thankz alot .... :angry-smiley-048: there's are saying influence makes a big difference on how you think and act see how i turned out to be ..... :jumping-smiley-013:

really happy for the kool guy and to see how he evolved in the past few days by cleaning up his act and reentering as a better person than he was .....thumbs up mate ...good job ... and see how people are willing to help when you chance your mind set ..... embrace it

by the way welcome to AL mate ...... :jumping-smiley-013:

razor ... with age you gain wisdom .. machang .... :angry-smiley-048:

by the way on the topic .... sorry for drifting off it ....dood drive carefully after all this mods what these gear heads are telling you install cos your ride will be one freaking fast

one

Edited by kotte mafia

here is the final touche.....

4lakhs for engine mods

Jadyboy, thank you for your advices. Im going to consult a mechanic for further info.

I think eg8 contains 100HP engine... what will be the HP gain after those performance mods ?

does my EG8 can handle that power?

1 lakh for exterior mods

[ APR adjustable CF wing - 600$ ( i need some downforce cuz no 200kg stereos anymore),

Extreme Dimensions CF Middle Splitter 250$ ] << they are on da way to SL now :D

1 lakh for some interior mods

[ a decent set of stereo, racing seat and a racing steering wheel. thats all ]

I will assemble my EG8 VTec(i bought it yesterday) and if i feel free i'll post some pics here....

vvti - i need something unique

gearhead - i have to stick with a tight budget cuz i wont get anymore funds from parents...

Edited by da_kool_guy

gearhead - i have to stick with a tight budget cuz i wont get anymore funds from parents...

Admiring your enthusiasm.... BUT another riced up EG8 in Colombo roads will be hardly 'unique'.. ;) Unless you paint it Hot Pink with Yellow wheels... naaah... there is one like that already.:)

Go for it dude!!!

A properly maintained VTEC EG8 will belt out about 120- 130BHP. But then no point in talking about the added BHP as there is no Dyno to get it tested and verified. And For God sake, please don't add up the HP figures given by the parts manufacturer when you install them. Does not work like that.

And no matter how much extra BHP you ad, your zany Body Kit and the extra weight you plan on adding will negate any extra BHP you might squeeze out with all your engine mods.

So you will be stuck at Square One again wonder why 400K worth of Engine mods wont let you overtake a Maruti 800 hell bent on ruining your day!

Thnks homie.. i take your warm welcome as a good sign...

here we go.. lets get synchronized.. :D

i talked with a guy from tokyo who works for GM (he is a WAN security personnel). He gave him word to send me required fluids to dope the lady.. but the thing is.. is it really required to fit all the following customs?

Cold Air Intake 250$ K&N

Race header + Exhaust system 700$ DC sports

Throttle bodies 800$ Obx

Pads and Rotors 500$

TEIN EDFC + Type SS Full Coilovers 1500$

<<<< this is the list i got from that guy....

i also heard he told me to go after starlet GT rather than spending all the money for an old EG8????

is there any starlet GT in SL? if so how about the price?

if i can get a car from japan.. is there any way to prepare original documents for it? at least something cant be easily traced and tackled?

<<<<< If i ever have made a ridiculous mistake, vocab or anything, plz be excused >>>>>>

Starlet GT is a very gud car, abt the above parts list the CAI is ok for 250 but u can do the exhaust system and headers in SL, sacha do some quality work, u dnt need a TB, but always better upgrade ur brakes, abt the suspension, u have only mentioned EDFC and springs, u also need shocks, EDFC is the controller that u can change the settings to soft or hard even u dnt feel any difference

i sugest to u buy a normal sports car and keep it stock up to sometime, after u have an idea build ur engine slowly and go for mods,

here is the final touche.....

4lakhs for engine mods

Jadyboy, thank you for your advices. Im going to consult a mechanic for further info.

I think eg8 contains 100HP engine... what will be the HP gain after those performance mods ?

does my EG8 can handle that power?

1 lakh for exterior mods

[ APR adjustable CF wing - 600$ ( i need some downforce cuz no 200kg stereos anymore),

Extreme Dimensions CF Middle Splitter 250$ ] << they are on da way to SL now :D

1 lakh for some interior mods

[ a decent set of stereo, racing seat and a racing steering wheel. thats all ]

I will assemble my EG8 VTec(i bought it yesterday) and if i feel free i'll post some pics here....

there was a EG8 in SL had more than 220 hp, anyway its not always abt the power, its handling the power, so buy the car, get use to it and go for mods,

But then no point in talking about the added BHP as there is no Dyno to get it tested and verified. And For God sake, please don't add up the HP figures given by the parts manufacturer when you install them. Does not work like that.

And no matter how much extra BHP you ad, your zany Body Kit and the extra weight you plan on adding will negate any extra BHP you might squeeze out with all your engine mods.

So you will be stuck at Square One again wonder why 400K worth of Engine mods wont let you overtake a Maruti 800 hell bent on ruining your day!

well said machan, if i have that money and a Eg8, ill do a B16A engine conversion and keep the body stock :)

Admiring your enthusiasm.... BUT another riced up EG8 in Colombo roads will be hardly 'unique'.. ;) Unless you paint it Hot Pink with Yellow wheels... naaah... there is one like that already.:)

Go for it dude!!!

A properly maintained VTEC EG8 will belt out about 120- 130BHP. But then no point in talking about the added BHP as there is no Dyno to get it tested and verified. And For God sake, please don't add up the HP figures given by the parts manufacturer when you install them. Does not work like that.

do u really think CF spoiler and a middle splitter will hurt the performance? :blink:

without proper aero dynamic customs, how can i increase some downforce? :huh:

if so i'll remove the AC and reduce some weight...

im pretty sure the interior mods won't hurt performance at all...

do u really think CF spoiler and a middle splitter will hurt the performance? :blink:

if the car has masive power u need downforce, for ur car spoiler, spliter wont help at all, but if the weight it low it will make ur eyes happy, when telling something think twice, r u goin to drive in CMB roads with no AC ?

yea go for the wing machan..it'll push down the back end of your front wheel drive car on to the road..how great is that :lol:

Edited by GearHead

i had my glory days under the spot light mate ..... :ninja:

gihan what are you thinking building a EG8 killer .... remember the good old civic's ban ...damn those were good ...

by the way sasha is the man for the job kool but don't fall in love with his starlet GT ..thats some car

vvti ... the pink one asanka made it some time back in 2004 out of the apple green civic which got crashed late back in 2002-2003 asankas work was really good and the ones he moded were pretty decent and fast as i can remember the last time i saw it with some guys when i came down to SL ..totally riced ...:(

personal advice don't go all the way on modding a EG8 to a monster cos if you collect all the money you pumped in that car in the period of time you owned it you can buy a decent subaru impreza and make a STI out of it ... or a lancer to a EVO ....

if i were you i will go for the legacy with a 2.0L engine and stick with it for a while until i get a extra buck for the mod's you can get alot of advice from shark .... if he is around

Starlet GT is a very gud car, abt the above parts list the CAI is ok for 250 but u can do the exhaust system and headers in SL, sacha do some quality work, u dnt need a TB, but always better upgrade ur brakes, abt the suspension, u have only mentioned EDFC and springs, u also need shocks, EDFC is the controller that u can change the settings to soft or hard even u dnt feel any difference

i sugest to u buy a normal sports car and keep it stock up to sometime, after u have an idea build ur engine slowly and go for mods,

there was a EG8 in SL had more than 220 hp, anyway its not always abt the power, its handling the power, so buy the car, get use to it and go for mods,

i have already bought the car... a well maintained immaculate EG8.

hmmm i'll reduce that EDFC and go for a cheaper coilovers and shocks and a control bar...

whos dat sacha?

actually i dont have any interesting in dragging.. but i love to ride my car with lots of bends and barriers...

dats my type.

and thank you for your valuable advices.

Keep teh AC dude.. cant look cool while sweating! Besides if you wanna take chicks in your car you need the cooler. :)

As for the wings....... forget them. Case in point, for a 500bhp+ monster, how many Wings do you see on a BMW M5? You will not be going anywhere near the speeds you need to get airborne. I hope at least....

Keep it simple and elegant. Do away with the Transformer crap... keep the body Stock, give it a good paint job, put a set of nice wheels and be sublime about the whole thing.

Shock the crap out of the other Stickered Ricers who will take your car for a 'standard' car... ;)

well said machan, if i have that money and a Eg8, ill do a B16A engine conversion and keep the body stock :)

Gihan, if I have the money, I will donate it to the SLDF boys who have no legs machang to get Jaipurs. so they can have a normal life.

I'd rather give 20k to the Ranaviru Sewana that will ensure 2 Heroes will have artificial legs. I can do without the extra oomph in my car now.

Priorities have changed since of late for me.