• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Truth Behind The Mini

john cooper

Hello friends,

i hv heard from my friend their is something going behind da mini's and CID.They finding some minis.The news said dont put your mins out, i m exsausted without ma daily drive car.some one pls check and letus what is da true story.........

thanx

JC :(

There is some thruth behind it.

CID very recently detained a Wharf clerk helped LTTE arms smuggling. During interrogations it came to light that the wharf clerk helped few other parties smuggling out three containers of four Minis two Montero’s and foreign cigarettes from Colombo port.

Sofar CID and Customs managed to locate only part of the smuggled items rest still at large.

For all who got Minis, have your VIN plates and Engine plates in apt order. If not, that’s the start of countless troubles. Very technically Minis are nearly 50 years old now and the pertinent tags are naturally damaged or missing. But there are ways to get them sorted out. You, JC knows to whom you need to speak to on the subject..

So far only two Minis,Two Monteros and a single Td5 are confiscated. But I don’t deny Customs on alert.

Have your vehicle VIN plates/engine plates, Weight, number of seats matching the Regd book..Body colour not an issue so far.Have the revenue license in order. Then you are safe!

Very important-No VIN plates came with engraved lettering. They all are embossed type. Customs know this fact. So have them in correct array.

MINIACE

From two weeks my mini at same place in my garage,i didnt even moved it but i try to start the car today,,,,,,,i feel sry a b ma mini,he use to be a daily driver and cos of the rest fuel pump is nt working, so nw have to replace the fuel pump too.....

:angry-smiley-048:

JC

There is some thruth behind it.

CID very recently detained a Wharf clerk helped LTTE arms smuggling. During interrogations it came to light that the wharf clerk helped few other parties smuggling out three containers of four Minis two Montero’s and foreign cigarettes from Colombo port.

Sofar CID and Customs managed to locate only part of the smuggled items rest still at large.

For all who got Minis, have your VIN plates and Engine plates in apt order. If not, that’s the start of countless troubles. Very technically Minis are nearly 50 years old now and the pertinent tags are naturally damaged or missing. But there are ways to get them sorted out. You, JC knows to whom you need to speak to on the subject..

So far only two Minis,Two Monteros and a single Td5 are confiscated. But I don’t deny Customs on alert.

Have your vehicle VIN plates/engine plates, Weight, number of seats matching the Regd book..Body colour not an issue so far.Have the revenue license in order. Then you are safe!

Very important-No VIN plates came with engraved lettering. They all are embossed type. Customs know this fact. So have them in correct array.

MINIACE

I heard about the Cigar story but I didnt hear about the rest, must check.

Also bear in mind with the police on the lookout for people not wearing seatbelts will also be detaining cut bud vehicles according to the papers.

:(

Last week i found a silver mini(unreg) with all da custom papers....... :blink: he ask only 13 lks,but i dont have enough money for that and stay quiet may be that mini is a victim.No SRS seems like 95-96 model but still the car is with him

Cheers :D

JC

:(

Last week i found a silver mini(unreg) with all da custom papers....... :blink: he ask only 13 lks,but i dont have enough money for that and stay quiet may be that mini is a victim.No SRS seems like 95-96 model but still the car is with him

Cheers :D

JC

What do you mean by 'a victim' ...not clear?

MINIACE

Also bear in mind with the police on the lookout for people not wearing seatbelts will also be detaining cut bud vehicles according to the papers.

Interesting, what seatbelt has to do with cut bud vehicles? :D

i might be under arrest of police,cos that car might be a 1 which related to that story of CID

Still your point is not clear.You said car came with all custom papers.So how come a smuggled out car got custom docs?? If that car tags 1.3M deffa thats a genuine car.You know the Mini current market values dont you?

MINIACE

machang still why would anyone smuggle 4 mini's instead of a more popular car/suv?

Minis are very cheap in Japan.Here in SL there is a good market for Minis.Easy to sell than a SUV in economic downturn.Culture is developing ,Minis as the second car or Sunday drive :D

MINIACE

Ops................

so that car is a gud 1,2day i heard frm ma mate JJ number car bt nt in gud order acording to his info that is a ori car.

JC

Yeah English plates...good chance to be a proper Mini.But you mentioned about a car with Custom docs..not the same right?

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...

Given the revised Traffic Regulations are the hot topic, i thought i'd renew this thread based on what i saw this morning:

Was @ the longdon place traffic lights and a poor bloke in a light blue metallic Mini w/ 5 sri plates was having a time with a copper. Not sure what the issue was, but this whole thing about numbers and the mini came to mind. Hope he got his issue sorted....

Any updates on this? i suppose this will hold true for any classic car owner who's had to find engines, etc when restoring a car. However, i must say there's restoration, then there's "milking" the market because of demand for a certain kind of car- resulting in a car with dubious paperwork!