• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Fire Extinguishers

HardHat

what type of hand held fire extinguishers are recomended for use in vehicles, and from where we can buy them in SL?

Normally it shud be Dry chemical or Carbon Dioxide ones....Wait for othr's comments....Anwyz if u hav an exact size in ur mind i cn let u knw da exact prices :)....

Normally it shud be Dry chemical or Carbon Dioxide ones....Wait for othr's comments....Anwyz if u hav an exact size in ur mind i cn let u knw da exact prices :)....

thanks. I'm looking for two sizes. I guess fire extinguishers are rated by the weight of the contents in kg but my idea at the moment is based on dimensions of the unit, i.e:

one to keep at hand's reach from driver's seat in a passenger car, say overall length not more than 12 inches and cylinder diameter not more than 4 inches

second one to keep in the boot - say 24 inches long max

Sun Lanka another place.

I highly recommend 'Fire Axe' Depanama Pannipitiya.They are the people who runs fire extinguisher stall at motor shows.

Sofar I've bought Four Extinguishers from the.One i used in an actual situation ,managed to save a Mini from certain death.

I owe 'Fire Axe' a lot for saving one of my Minis.

Contact sales rep Anuruddha 077 3564985 (dont know he still working for them ,just try..a good guy)

Hot line 077 3103000.

Hope Madz will not take this to bin...Just promoting a good -practical product mate.

MINIACE

Ace, would you mind telling us how much the extinguishers cost, just a ballpark figure?

Rs 2800 a year back.First one I bought for Rs 2400 (I guess), two years back.Sales rep delivers the item to your home or office FOC.thats the best part.

MINIACE

Rs 2800 a year back.First one I bought for Rs 2400 (I guess), two years back.Sales rep delivers the item to your home or office FOC.thats the best part.

MINIACE

Thanks Ace.... been needing one for some time, will call this place up, much obliged.

Thanks Ace.... been needing one for some time, will call this place up, much obliged.

yep you deffa need one if your car is either italian or british and more thatn thirty years old...specially if the manufacturer's themselves called it a spitfire :lol::P

speaking of fire...i remember when i was about 7 years old going merily around the negombo town with me dad when suddenly our tr3 caught fire and people all around the place started throwing sand toward the engine...it was relativly a small flame and could have been easily been put out by covering it with a cloth or some thing...but no less than 15 people kept on throwing handfuls of sand even after the fire was out...and they acted all heroic afterwards like they saved our lives...lol.. :lol:

there was sand everywhere!!!...even inside the carbs!...and it took pro cleaners more than two weeks to get the sand out...and the paintjob was scratched beyond repair :action-smiley-060:

thanks. I'm looking for two sizes. I guess fire extinguishers are rated by the weight of the contents in kg but my idea at the moment is based on dimensions of the unit, i.e:

one to keep at hand's reach from driver's seat in a passenger car, say overall length not more than 12 inches and cylinder diameter not more than 4 inches

second one to keep in the boot - say 24 inches long max

prices are same as mini told...12 inch one its 1kg DC Rs 2800 and for 24 inch its 6kg DC 4300... :)

yep you deffa need one if your car is either italian or british and more thatn thirty years old...specially if the manufacturer's themselves called it a spitfire :lol::P

speaking of fire...i remember when i was about 7 years old going merily around the negombo town with me dad when suddenly our tr3 caught fire and people all around the place started throwing sand toward the engine...it was relativly a small flame and could have been easily been put out by covering it with a cloth or some thing...but no less than 15 people kept on throwing handfuls of sand even after the fire was out...and they acted all heroic afterwards like they saved our lives...lol.. :lol:

there was sand everywhere!!!...even inside the carbs!...and it took pro cleaners more than two weeks to get the sand out...and the paintjob was scratched beyond repair :action-smiley-060:

Oh yeah machan definitely!! looks like the brits were aware of how things were going to play out when they named it! :D

Ouch! the TR3 story sounds quite painful, i guess you and your dad must have been feeling anything BUT grateful after the bystanders had finished their "good work" eh?

Yeah especially on BMC,Rover A series and A+ engines, the fuel regulator, filter sssembly is above the manifold so risk of fire is high.positive terminal lead of Minis just two inches from the negative ground rear 'bulkhead'.Fuel tank is less than one two feet away of that.So Fire bottle-A must I learnt.

MINIACE