• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Exi Low Fuel Consumption

Chris0628

what are the normal figures with non V-Tec motor? and what are the figures for cars with V-Tec Motors? :unsure: since it's a Auto it could be a tranny problem.

I used a EK3 manual Exi for 03 years. It did 9-10 km/Lt in the city and 13km/Lt out station.

I think you should consult more Honda ppl and get it solved. 7.6Km is way below for en EK3. I did about 12.5Km p/l with AC on 75% of the time.

yep better check it mate..can help u if u contact me..cos im runnig abt 4 exi versions all do over 11 kml esily.. did u check ya petrol filter n reset d ecu...? just tk off + bat terminal n keep over 12 hrs n plug in n just start n keep fo 2-3 mins n gv a drive...whtsz the plus on you bkr or zfr?hwz ya plug wires n stuff.. nxt time whn yo go to agents tell me i will gv a name of a guy in staff hwe will look

I used a EK3 manual Exi for 03 years. It did 9-10 km/Lt in the city and 13km/Lt out station.

exi with org specs do abt 10-12 kml in city ek3 vi n virs models do abt 12kml org specs but if u modify seriously with a ecu ,final drive ,throttle n 4 branch n ext vi n virs still do abt10klm.( telling with exp)

well guys... the agent said i will have to replace the ECU.... which is bloody expensive according to them.....

RACERSEDGE... would appreciate if you could help me out.... if i reset the ECU & run it... will it sort this issue ?

and how can i contact you ? i would love to do a bit of modifications and get more power out of my engine

• 4 months later...
exi with org specs do abt 10-12 kml in city ek3 vi n virs models do abt 12kml org specs but if u modify seriously with a ecu ,final drive ,throttle n 4 branch n ext vi n virs still do abt10klm.( telling with exp)

Did all the tests you & the others suggested... still no luck... lately i have noticed a rough gear change from 1 to 2 & 2 to 1 sometimes..... Rohan said all this fuel efficiency issues might be the gear box all along.... guess i'll go with the Gear box replacement ....

anyone else out there got any suggestions ?.....

Did all the tests you & the others suggested... still no luck... lately i have noticed a rough gear change from 1 to 2 & 2 to 1 sometimes..... Rohan said all this fuel efficiency issues might be the gear box all along.... guess i'll go with the Gear box replacement ....

anyone else out there got any suggestions ?.....

What happened to the around 1ms time difference of injector open time compare to original specification? Didn't you try with ECU remaping to sort that issue?

If an auto gear box not working properly it will always take little higher rpm to shift gears than the standard thus increase fuel consumption, but this will not happen with a manual gear box.

What happened to the around 1ms time difference of injector open time compare to original specification? Didn't you try with ECU remaping to sort that issue?

If an auto gear box not working properly it will always take little higher rpm to shift gears than the standard thus increase fuel consumption, but this will not happen with a manual gear box.

Mine is a auto.... and the 1ms issue is still there... so im looking @ maybe remapping or replacing the ECU.....

do you know where i can get the remapping done ? also cost ? :-)

if i remember correct when i called him he said the EK Stock ECU cannot be re-mapped

May be why not try with different ECU.. i don't know if any of our forum member will be able to find you another ECU atleast for testing purposes.

May be why not try with different ECU.. i don't know if any of our forum member will be able to find you another ECU atleast for testing purposes.

yeah.. that's what im thinking... i got one contact who has a ECU... stil awaiting a reply from the guy.... anyone else has a compatible ECU for my EK3 ?

yeah.. that's what im thinking... i got one contact who has a ECU... stil awaiting a reply from the guy.... anyone else has a compatible ECU for my EK3 ?

guess you mean high consumption... not low consumption, eh? :)

...and this contact with the ECU... hope he doesn't answer to a name called Nihal or something... with expertise in Fibre Optics!!!

(Now don't mention the actual contact mate.. think it's against rules :))

Edited by seeker

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...