• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me With These Mods

Ek3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine bought an ALTO recently.He feels that it has a lot of Body roll.And also he needs a Tachometer.To reduce Body roll Hes hoping to fix a strut brace.

Can u ll Recommend a Place to Buy the strut brace and the Tachometer.And also can u ll Let me know the Prices

THANKX IN ADVANCE

best advice i can give you is to call Mr Sumith of Innate Graphics he is a great guy & should be able to help your friend out with the needed mods. he does a great job by increasing BHP with the work he does

Hey come on guys, give the dude a break........ Its the owners kick to modify it no matter waht the car is. See dude Depends what you can afford. Some of us have the option of going for a better car and some dont..

i'm with LEGACY on this...

i know "ek3" doesnt have good track record but bugger has asked some straight forward questions on this thread and as of now he hasnt got an answer,instead people are telling him what a crappy car he has...granted that not many people would performance modify an alto but we could atleast show him the coutesy of replying him with a decent answer,no matter how annoying he has been earlier...what he does to his car is his own business...

besides if any new member is reading this thread he would get a totally wrong idea of AL and think that we only favour some selected brands...that does not do any good to autolanka or madz...and I think they both desrve a lot better from us.

i'm with LEGACY on this...

i know "ek3" doesnt have good track record but bugger has asked some straight forward questions on this thread and as of now he hasnt got an answer,instead people are telling him what a crappy car he has...granted that not many people would performance modify an alto but we could atleast show him the coutesy of replying him with a decent answer,no matter how annoying he has been earlier...what he does to his car is his own business...

besides if any new member is reading this thread he would get a totally wrong idea of AL and think that we only favour some selected brands...that does not do any good to autolanka or madz...and I think they both desrve a lot better from us.

Honestly Don, WHAT can you do to increase the performance of an Alto without making it dangerous? I will tell you an incident that happened a few years ago on Talangama Koswatte Junction. There was a guy who did up his Alto. He had the works in it. K&N Filter, straight flow exhaust that woke up the neighbours, ect ect.. and this guy indeed drove very fast and like a jerk... but one day he took that darn bend in the junction a tad too fast and the car just toppled and injured 3 pedestrians and himself.

If this forum needs to have some credibility like you say, we need to advise people responsibly. Getting a a car like a Alto extra oomph to satisfy the ego of a immature wannabe boy racer just puts us all at risk. IMHO, the Alto or the Maruti Cannot handle any extra bhp as the whole chassis/suspension setup was NEVER designed for that. If the dude wants to modify an older Galant, Lancer, Sooby or even Mazda, I am fine with it as these Chassis can handle a an extra 10-20BHP without compromising safety.

That's my take on that. I have very strong feelings on this matter as I lost a friend of mine overseas for the same reason. He drove a car that couldn't handle the extra bhp and ran head on to a parked truck.

Besides, how many times have we gone around this particular Mulberry bush and that thread had enough and more pages to convince anyone... :)

Honestly Don, WHAT can you do to increase the performance of an Alto without making it dangerous? I will tell you an incident that happened a few years ago on Talangama Koswatte Junction. There was a guy who did up his Alto. He had the works in it. K&N Filter, straight flow exhaust that woke up the neighbours, ect ect.. and this guy indeed drove very fast and like a jerk... but one day he took that darn bend in the junction a tad too fast and the car just toppled and injured 3 pedestrians and himself.

If this forum needs to have some credibility like you say, we need to advise people responsibly. Getting a a car like a Alto extra oomph to satisfy the ego of a immature wannabe boy racer just puts us all at risk. IMHO, the Alto or the Maruti Cannot handle any extra bhp as the whole chassis/suspension setup was NEVER designed for that. If the dude wants to modify an older Galant, Lancer, Sooby or even Mazda, I am fine with it as these Chassis can handle a an extra 10-20BHP without compromising safety.

That's my take on that. I have very strong feelings on this matter as I lost a friend of mine overseas for the same reason. He drove a car that couldn't handle the extra bhp and ran head on to a parked truck.

Besides, how many times have we gone around this particular Mulberry bush and that thread had enough and more pages to convince anyone... :)

You make a solid point here VVTi... Although it's true that we as automotive enthusiasts in general should help out another enthusiast with their needs, It also stands to reason that we should equally point out situations where modifications and such could quite conceivably have a dangerous effect. This is ESPECIALLY true in the case of something like a maruti or an alto, both of which were designed to be simple and cheap economy cars NOT performance cars in any way!!

so in this context, pointing out that the sensible thing to do would be to dispose of the alto and get something more capable of handling upgrades is nothing more than the members of the forum being responsible people. Sure, maybe we could be a bit more subtle about expressing our views, but the point still does stand.

@ MasterDon. while it may be so that what an individual does to his car is his own business, it still stands to reason that we on this forum have a social responsibility to point out when certain proposals can lead to end results which are potentially dangerous. As i said earlier, certain replies on this thread could have been phrased in a more diplomatic manner, but the underlying point is that an alto is an eminently unsuitable car to do "performance" modifications to.

Also Ek3, it would be a good thing if you stopped considering it nothing less than your duty to respond to every single negative comment on the thread as if it were a personal insult towards you. If you look towards the beginning of the thread, VVTi made a fairly ordinary (if somewhat sarcastic) comment, you then proceeded to wade right in and fire off two all capitalized replies to it, and then the fun began..... So if you learn to perhaps show a bit of restraint, and conduct your own doings in a dignified manner, we can avoid issues like this which serve no purpose whatsoever.

Thankx for Explaining the situation and also for u r Polite Reply.I ll tell this to my friend so that he will Sell his Alto and Buy something Like a subaru or Mazda.And also After that Ill seek Help from U.

best advice i can give you is to call Mr Sumith of Innate Graphics he is a great guy & should be able to help your friend out with the needed mods. he does a great job by increasing BHP with the work he does

Anyway Thankx for u r Reply.But My friend is not oing to Mod hes alto.Hez gonna collect some money to Mod a Car ,Den sell the alto and Buy something Like a MAZDA or SUBARU

You make a solid point here VVTi... Although it's true that we as automotive enthusiasts in general should help out another enthusiast with their needs, It also stands to reason that we should equally point out situations where modifications and such could quite conceivably have a dangerous effect. This is ESPECIALLY true in the case of something like a maruti or an alto, both of which were designed to be simple and cheap economy cars NOT performance cars in any way!!

so in this context, pointing out that the sensible thing to do would be to dispose of the alto and get something more capable of handling upgrades is nothing more than the members of the forum being responsible people. Sure, maybe we could be a bit more subtle about expressing our views, but the point still does stand.

@ MasterDon. while it may be so that what an individual does to his car is his own business, it still stands to reason that we on this forum have a social responsibility to point out when certain proposals can lead to end results which are potentially dangerous. As i said earlier, certain replies on this thread could have been phrased in a more diplomatic manner, but the underlying point is that an alto is an eminently unsuitable car to do "performance" modifications to.

Also Ek3, it would be a good thing if you stopped considering it nothing less than your duty to respond to every single negative comment on the thread as if it were a personal insult towards you. If you look towards the beginning of the thread, VVTi made a fairly ordinary (if somewhat sarcastic) comment, you then proceeded to wade right in and fire off two all capitalized replies to it, and then the fun began..... So if you learn to perhaps show a bit of restraint, and conduct your own doings in a dignified manner, we can avoid issues like this which serve no purpose whatsoever.

U r correct Supernatural.I shouldnt Respond to Every single Negative comment.Not gonna Do it again.

Anyway Can U explain the Differance between a Beat barell and Free flow exhaust.

Thankx

Anyway Can U explain the Differance between a Beat barell and Free flow exhaust.

Thankx

a "beat barre"l is a contraption mostly to just make some noise and look cool...

some people think just because you're a bit loud it makes the car go faster or look like it's going faster...

Most beat barrels are not made or installed with performance in mind tough some actually might give you a bit top end speed at the cost of low end torque

Free flow exhaust systems are aimed at getting more performance...

They tend to be louder over the stock systems but not designed or installed to be loud and look cool...

However there are free flow systems available that are much quieter....

In my personal opinion, hooking up any of these things to your maruti wont look cool or will give you much... But that's just me :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-918.html

Look at this.This Indian Guyz r mad

That is an Alto VXi with a 1061cc 4-cylinder (stock) engine. It is the same model exported to European countries as SUZUKI ALTO, between 2000 - 2007. However the Euro spec model was fitted with ABS and Airbags.

By the way there is a different breed of boy racers in India, who drive modified Hatchbacks like Maruti Zen (Old Model). Some even go to the extreme of replacing the Zen's 1000cc stock engine with a 1500cc Honda VTEC engine.

a "beat barre"l is a contraption mostly to just make some noise and look cool...

some people think just because you're a bit loud it makes the car go faster or look like it's going faster...

Most beat barrels are not made or installed with performance in mind tough some actually might give you a bit top end speed at the cost of low end torque

Free flow exhaust systems are aimed at getting more performance...

They tend to be louder over the stock systems but not designed or installed to be loud and look cool...

However there are free flow systems available that are much quieter....

In my personal opinion, hooking up any of these things to your maruti wont look cool or will give you much... But that's just me :)

Machan im not gonna fix it to a Maruti.Just wanted to Know.Anyway Thankx for u r Reply

Edited by Ek3

yeah sumith is the only person in Sri Lanka who can convert Exi to Vtec in seconds, also he can convert lancers to evos and impreza's to STi's in no time,

WTF??? Misleading people is NOT cool. If the guy wants to do up his car then that is his choice. No one needs to diss anyone here for what THEY want to do on THEIR cars.

More relevant to the topic though......Isn't there an ALTO running around with a turbo in it? I've heard about it. Gfx should be able to give some insight on that. Supposed to be a pocket rocket.

Really? :unsure: the phrase that came to my mind was kinda similar but had the words "like a" before "look" and the last word was slightly different (by one letter) as well! :D

WTF??? Misleading people is NOT cool. If the guy wants to do up his car then that is his choice. No one needs to diss anyone here for what THEY want to do on THEIR cars.

More relevant to the topic though......Isn't there an ALTO running around with a turbo in it? I've heard about it. Gfx should be able to give some insight on that. Supposed to be a pocket rocket.

are u refering to Rolas car ? i think it has some engine mods but no turbo in it

Honestly Don, WHAT can you do to increase the performance of an Alto without...................

@ MasterDon. while it may be so that what an individual does to his car..........

yes yes...all very good and valid points,VVTi and Supra

but i still stand by what i said...hell i've seen modifications done on cars that has twice that was meant for chasis to handle,for example the supercharged TR3 and i guess you've heard of the 2cv with a formula one engine,BUT they did it properly by strenghtening the chasis and all that...and i've heard of maruti racing in india(not sure)...i think any car can and should be modded IF DONE PROPERLY AND DRIVEN PROPERLY.

MY POINT IS that it all goes down to WHO drives the car...a ferrari or a maruti can be lethal weapon in the hands of a lunatic and at the same time be a shopping car for an old granny...as the old saying goes "it aint the car,it's the driver"

however coming back to the particular person in question...yes,i'd hate be on the same road with him drving a shopping cart let alone an alto.