• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazna Mortars Sucks

mazdauser1

I have been going to mazna motor for last 3 years. Recently I went there to get my A/C fixed. Lalith (owner of mazna motors) redirected me to their A/C repair man. A/C man diagnosed the issue in the A/C cooler. Lalith quoted 24k to replace the cooler with a brand new cooler. I agreed and the A/C man brought new cooler from some place in jubilee post. On the way back I checked the prices at this jubilee post place. It was just 9k. The same time I called Lalith and asked the price of the cooler, he said 15k. So looks like he charged me 9k for the labor (cooler : 9k + A/C gas :6K = 15k). Ridicules amount, just to fix the new A/C cooler and the filter. This guy is a liar. He doesn’t have genuine mazda parts.

I have been going to mazna motor for last 3 years. Recently I went there to get my A/C fixed. Lalith (owner of mazna motors) redirected me to their A/C repair man. A/C man diagnosed the issue in the A/C cooler. Lalith quoted 24k to replace the cooler with a brand new cooler. I agreed and the A/C man brought new cooler from some place in jubilee post. On the way back I checked the prices at this jubilee post place. It was just 9k. The same time I called Lalith and asked the price of the cooler, he said 15k. So looks like he charged me 9k for the labor (cooler : 9k + A/C gas :6K = 15k). Ridicules amount, just to fix the new A/C cooler and the filter. This guy is a liar. He doesn’t have genuine mazda parts.

well thats what u call business at the end of the day everyone is trying to make a living so you cant call that a rip off. its all your fault if you think you got ripped off its because of your ow mistake. you should have checked the price on your way to buy the cooler & not after you bought it... so no use blaming Lalith the man is just doing his job. im sure he is not running a charity service to do it for you at cost price

well thats what u call business at the end of the day everyone is trying to make a living so you cant call that a rip off. its all your fault if you think you got ripped off its because of your ow mistake. you should have checked the price on your way to buy the cooler & not after you bought it... so no use blaming Lalith the man is just doing his job. im sure he is not running a charity service to do it for you at cost price

it's not purely business mate, it's more than that. Business is exchange value, and this person doesn't perceive the value proposition what he paid for. True, beleiving all what garage fellows say is wrong, similarly keeping a huge mark up is also wrong if this story is true. Garage fellows are entitled for discounts ranging from 10-30 percent. So even if he gave the cooler at 9k still would've kept a profit and charging few k's additional would be still alright but 6k is too much.

Yeah. I agree. Its totally my fault. But he could have told me the actual price of the cooler. Rather than lying. I'm ok if he'd told me labor is 9k. I hate liars

it's not purely business mate, it's more than that. Business is exchange value, and this person doesn't perceive the value proposition what he paid for. True, beleiving all what garage fellows say is wrong, similarly keeping a huge mark up is also wrong if this story is true. Garage fellows are entitled for discounts ranging from 10-30 percent. So even if he gave the cooler at 9k still would've kept a profit and charging few k's additional would be still alright but 6k is too much.

Ya your correct to a certain extent but what my point is. as we all know most garage owners try to earn as much as possible. they get commissions from spare part shops & also keep huge mark ups but what we have to know is not to trust them 100% we should always double check whatever they say.

Yeah. I agree. Its totally my fault. But he could have told me the actual price of the cooler. Rather than lying. I'm ok if he'd told me labor is 9k. I hate liars

The thing is most garage owners do it they always keep a mark up when they tell you the prices. so the est thing is to get the sample from them & take it to a spare parts shop that way you will save money & wont have to change your garage. because as far as i know most garage owners are the same except for a few.

hey mazdauser,

From your name I deduce ( fancy that ) that you have a Mazda ( Wow what deductive powers eh :rolleyes: ) .

I have only 2 questions.

1) Are You a MFOC member

2) Are you coming this sunday on our drive ?

C mon man. We Mazda owners need everyone we can get.....

I had a few bad experiences with the guy as well. It was with regard to his inability to diagnose a problem with an auto box but kept bluffing that he fixed it and charged me.

Ah Talk about it... this guy kept bluffing about a sensor issue few years ago but kept charging me. Guy is a nut :angry-smiley-024:

To all the car owners.

If you are to replace the cooler, pls use a second hand original one. Cos these third party brand new products not gonna last for so long. I have experience in this regard. And 24K for cooler replacement is way too much.

(Ajith's AC repair place at Nugegoda is also the same like mazna motors when it comes to AC repairs. Bugger is cheap in car detaling but AC repairs are shitty. Its a good thing to exchange ideas about this kinda people).

Edited by Corolla121

To all the car owners.

If you are to replace the cooler, pls use a second hand original one. Cos these third party brand new products not gonna last for so long. I have experience in this regard.

Ditto that... i had to do the same for my corolla... cost was some 4k or 6k...

just be sure to buy it with a return policy so when you pressure up the thing and if it were to leak...you can always exchange it and get another...

And my AC guys, a good friend of forum member "VVTI" recommended that i close off the external air inlet so that dust and debris doesn't get into to the cooler and mess it up...

I went ahead with it since i hardly use the external air thing for obvious reasons :)

And on the main focus of this thread...

I'm fully with Harshana..

And with GTAm also chiming in...probably this guy must be one of those messed up fellas

Ditto that... i had to do the same for my corolla... cost was some 4k or 6k...

just be sure to buy it with a return policy so when you pressure up the thing and if it were to leak...you can always exchange it and get another...

And my AC guys, a good friend of forum member "VVTI" recommended that i close off the external air inlet so that dust and debris doesn't get into to the cooler and mess it up...

I went ahead with it since i hardly use the external air thing for obvious reasons :)

And on the main focus of this thread...

I'm fully with Harshana..

And with GTAm also chiming in...probably this guy must be one of those messed up fellas

Same here mate, I forgot to mention that part. Closing off the external air inlet will save your cooler from lot of dust and rust.

Ah Talk about it... this guy kept bluffing about a sensor issue few years ago but kept charging me. Guy is a nut :angry-smiley-024:

I kind of agree with you that until bout a year ago, he couldn't diagnose most issues.. since the past few months, he has employed a guy who specializes in Mazda electronics, he also now has the diagnostic tool.

I need to point out one more thing... I had an issue with my clutch, and being a regular customer at Mazna, assuming that he couldn't sort it out, I took my car the well reputed automotive engineer L a l A. The guy drove the car and said my clutch had to be replaced (which was replaced my Car Mart 3 weeks prior) and my fly wheel to be phased, and that should sort it out. A 22k bill and problem got worse..

Took back to L a l A. and he tells me that my driving techniques are wrong.. i mean WTF..

Finally Lalith diagnosed the problem to the Fly wheel being too light (in weight)

Not that I'm defending the guy here... but even the very experienced guys, some times tend to BS u.

jst my 2 cents..

well, we wont goto a bakery but a loaf of bread and ask the baker how much did you buy the floor at... He quoted you a price to which you agreed, so you really cant complain. If he quoted you 9k earlier and after the repair asked for 24k that'd be ripping off...

So like the others say, the guys just doing his business.

Recently I have replaced my Mazda's rear shocks, front and rear boots and bumpers and gear knobs from Mazna Motors. He has charged 25K with his labour charge (1.5K). I think seems to be Ok.

Before buy shocks and other parts, I didnt forget to ask the prices :).

Because same thing happen to me from P*L* AUTO for some times back. Went there for engine scan to fix my RPM issue (those days Lalith doesnt have the scanning meterials). So Pala guys scanned the engine and said, there is an issue with the ECU. They have remove the ECU & AC sensor. Cleaned and fixed. Thay have charged 9K from me for that job. What to do man. Thats called Business... But the RPM issue arised again after 2 months. :(

I have been going to mazna motor for last 3 years. Recently I went there to get my A/C fixed. Lalith (owner of mazna motors) redirected me to their A/C repair man. A/C man diagnosed the issue in the A/C cooler. Lalith quoted 24k to replace the cooler with a brand new cooler. I agreed and the A/C man brought new cooler from some place in jubilee post. On the way back I checked the prices at this jubilee post place. It was just 9k. The same time I called Lalith and asked the price of the cooler, he said 15k. So looks like he charged me 9k for the labor (cooler : 9k + A/C gas :6K = 15k). Ridicules amount, just to fix the new A/C cooler and the filter. This guy is a liar. He doesn't have genuine mazda parts.

If you knew u had a AC problem why did take it to him ???? Knowing that he has no experience in AC stuff – Would you go to your Dr. to get a opinion on a problem with your car.

If he said to replace it with a brad new cooler and asked for 24K should be correct as my mother car had a cooler replaced for 23K on a Nissan Wingroad.

This compressor from Jubilee would have been a recon NOT a brand new one.

Also remember that there are different types of coolers and you need to be specific – best is to take the part if you can

I do admit I promote the bloke for general mechanical stuff – as he specializes in those but AC is not his line. Until recently he did not have a scanner thus I’ve never recommended him for any tune ups.

What I’ve gathered is that all mechanic have the same issue – for some he’s Ok and for other he’s not

well, we wont goto a bakery but a loaf of bread and ask the baker how much did you buy the floor at... He quoted you a price to which you agreed, so you really cant complain. If he quoted you 9k earlier and after the repair asked for 24k that'd be ripping off...

i dunno Dilesh! can't really agree with you here...

ripping people off is not really god business is it!

there are lotsa folks who don't really have the knowledge, experience or at times common sense to handle these sorta situs like some of us do...

i too have got burnt by these sorta things and had to learn and up my game really fast to avoid such things...

Every business has their mark up on their products and services... but unfair ones exploiting those who don't really know the stuff seems to be not on!

anyways... just my thoughts.

there are lotsa folks who don't really have the knowledge, experience or at times common sense to handle these sorta situs like some of us do...

i too have got burnt by these sorta things and had to learn and up my game really fast to avoid such things...

Every business has their mark up on their products and services... but unfair ones exploiting those who don't really know the stuff seems to be not on!

agree with ripper...it is unfair to rip people off because of their lack of knowledge,that is why we go to a expert in the first place...saying that "it's just business" or "you should have known better" isnt going to cut it

very true ;)

???????

What ?

What did I say / type which needed that response?

Prad, what i suggested you was to use Private Messaging (PM) in order to discuss something with an individual forum member (specially when it is not relevant to the original topic of the thread)

Thats bullshit Dilesh. I ll take the same example you mentioned. Lets say we are going to a bakery to buy a loaf of bread, knwoing the avareage bread prices in sri lanka. A normal bakery sells a loaf of bread for 40 rupees, at some places its 45 and some places its 50, if you go to keels super, a loaf of bread will be sold at 80 rupees. knowing that you simply ask for a loaf of bread from this particular shop. If the mudalali guy says its 250 rupees (like what this Mazna guy did) its completely ok to ask the questoin where on earth did you buy the flour for this bread. Is it from heaven???

There are places like that, if they get to know they can pull your wisdom tooth, they will hapily do it, Dont try to whitewash this kinda places. They are a disgrace to the whole motor mechanic industry. :violent-smiley-099:

I kind of agree with you that until bout a year ago, he couldn't diagnose most issues.. since the past few months, he has employed a guy who specializes in Mazda electronics, he also now has the diagnostic tool.

I need to point out one more thing... I had an issue with my clutch, and being a regular customer at Mazna, assuming that he couldn't sort it out, I took my car the well reputed automotive engineer L a l A. The guy drove the car and said my clutch had to be replaced (which was replaced my Car Mart 3 weeks prior) and my fly wheel to be phased, and that should sort it out. A 22k bill and problem got worse..

Took back to L a l A. and he tells me that my driving techniques are wrong.. i mean WTF..

Finally Lalith diagnosed the problem to the Fly wheel being too light (in weight)

Not that I'm defending the guy here... but even the very experienced guys, some times tend to BS u.

jst my 2 cents..

Buggati,

It's like leaving a devil and getting Satan him self as a replacement :D ! The stories I've heard about L a l A................ I had a near miss with him. A company car (Nissan FB15) over heated just near his work shop due to cooling fan failure. He insisted that the head be taken out phased and new gasket put in.

Luckily I did not agree and towed the car to a trusted mech who simple repaired the fan, and that was that. We used it for a couple of years after that.

Anyway getting back to the stories about how he even talks to his customers make me wanna kick dirt in his nose. Two of my friends have had big tiffs with him. The thing is many think he's some super star coz he comes on TV...... Talk about a dumb public....