• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hello! Checking In After Some Time...

MeanGreenZ28

Have been pretty busy with work and the baby (who is 4 months now) and etc. so haven't had much time to check in with you'll and post up that much.

During that time, I've even thought of selling the TransAm to make ends meet, but decided that I'll keep it 'cos with the economy these days, it's real hard to sell for a decent price (I have over $13500 in parts alone tied up in her + car).

Decided to give her a bit of a boost of confidence with a new ram air hood (that's like a boob job for a woman ... lol). Got it off a friend of mine and he delivered it today and helped me install it. I can't afford to paint it to match right now but I have a few ideas I can make happen relatively cheap with some white/red vinyl sticker ... what do you'll think?

Here's how she sits now...

20776282566.jpg

20776282562.jpg

White vinyl on the sides of the hood and red on the bumper to start the single stripe...

20776282563.jpg

White on the hood only and leave bumper alone...

20776282564.jpg

Both of those would require a red stripe to continue on the sail panel and trunk and possibly the wing. Probably not if it looks okay and not out of place.

some other versions on it with the racing stripes...

20776282638.jpg

20776282639.jpg

Or the other idea is to make the headlights and a portion of the bumper red (headlight buckets and nostrils on bumper area) to make it look like a two tone effect ... although carrying that to the back will be hard 'cos the whole wing would have to be red.

Taking other ideas as well so post up!!!

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

the stripes or the hood? I've got a quote from a guy who'll repaint it all white for cheap, may just go ahead and do it.

As for the hood, it's was an option on the car and came with the WS6 performance package (ram air hood/air box, upgraded suspension and exhaust gave a bit more power/handling).

• 4 weeks later...

well I don't thing the painting is gonna happen anytime this year... had to pull off the heads and send them out to be rebuilt. They welded up the surface (had a notch that caused leaks), milled it flat, did a complete valve job 'cos they weren't sealing anymore (they're the largest valves you could stuff in those heads, lol) and cleaned them up and put it back together. $350 later...

20776287572.jpg

20776287573.jpg

20776287575.jpg

20776287579.jpg

Now to get some gaskets and bolt them on!

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

well I don't thing the painting is gonna happen anytime this year... had to pull off the heads and send them out to be rebuilt. They welded up the surface (had a notch that caused leaks), milled it flat, did a complete valve job 'cos they weren't sealing anymore (they're the largest valves you could stuff in those heads, lol) and cleaned them up and put it back together. $350 later...

20776287572.jpg

20776287573.jpg

20776287575.jpg

20776287579.jpg

very clean looking job mate.... :)

i too need a valve job on me bike but dreading having to go through the process :(

wish i had like 1/10 of your mechanical skills :)

20776287572.jpg

20776287573.jpg

20776287575.jpg

20776287579.jpg

Is it just me or are those valves HUGE? I mean im just comparing them to the valves i've seen on the little motors we get here, but they seem abnormally large!

Is it just me or are those valves HUGE? I mean im just comparing them to the valves i've seen on the little motors we get here, but they seem abnormally large!
lol yeah they're pretty large stock ... the stock valves are 2.0"(I)/1.55(E) ... these are a bit larger and were the biggest we could've stuffed in there.

• 4 weeks later...
sounds awsome

:grinning-smiley-003: I'll be honest MeanGreen, I'm not a huge fan of the modern American line-up but HOOOLY! Sweet sounding ride buddy!! No wonder the wifey gets all weak at the knees and bobs the camera about: Who wouldn't at the sound of those pots crackling over....??! AWESOME.

Edited by Kavvz

:grinning-smiley-003: I'll be honest MeanGreen, I'm not a huge fan of the modern American line-up but HOOOLY! Sweet sounding ride buddy!! No wonder the wifey gets all weak at the knees and bobs the camera about: Who wouldn't at the sound of those pots crackling over....??! AWESOME.

It's hard to be in the US and not been bitten by the V8 bug! I mean everything here runs on a V8, even them damn lawn movers I think LOL..... These yanks are crazy

Edited by madmax

i was rather hoping you'd rev that lazy ole V8 up! :D

...or maybe even be irresponsible & boot it on the way out n kick the tail for the camera :lol:

wanted to, but didn't wanna piss off the neighbors. Lol.

Unfortunately, I may be selling it though ... With the baby/etc. it would make more sense to settle some of our debt. Already have someone interested I think.