• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slardar Sigirya Rallycross 2009

Ripper

Hey Peri/Madz- why dont you guys use the system sites like f1.com have?

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2009/818/special.html

where you cant cut and paste pics. Think it's on flash or something.. if it uses more memory, then limit the number of shots- really not worth roughing it out for these snakes to steal your work!

naa...that's useless against our professional thieves, they will simply get a screen print and edit our copyright text & logos which is stated in the bottom of the pic. Therefor today I have enabled the option of automatically displaying our copyright mark right in the middle of the pic. Sorry guys at the moment i have no other better options left to prevent this stealing business and same time to protect our contributors hard work.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darn that sucks!!! :violent-smiley-099:

how about having a chat with Thishya and maybe sending them a nice letter :unsure:

This is really unprofessional of them.

They should get their own guys also to cover the events or get pics off other snappers the proper way...

after being to katu and covering one event, i know the hardwork that goes into it even if you leave alone the moolah you've busted on equipment...

Sis and bro-in-law are lawyers dude. Had a chat already. Still need to decide on how to go and what to ask.

i think the slardar president is nalin Dilpriya. KLM may have a contact or you can contact DD. he should have the contact.

Thanks dude.

On the contrary, the Singapore sun is just as harsh as in Sri Lanka.. And the support races started around noon lats time around... so was up and walking (hardly sat down for half a hour) from like 11.00am till midnight.. so that one day in the sun still does burns :P So yeah, sunburn at S'pore F1 is possible Peri :P... btw, didnt you buy a F1 ticket already? What'd u do with it?

as the SLARDAR yeah that sucks. I think you and i had this watermarking conversation once some months ago....

And yeah, you should send some form of Letter of Demand.

If you take a look at the SLARDAR site they DO have their contact info you know... Anyway hope thsi goes well....

The contact info wasn't working yesterday. Site went down or summin. Even a few weeks ago I went to check something and the site was down due to not paying the reg fee, or something like that. Funnily, the secretary's name is Jayantha Fernando. Occurs to me that Hola's name :D

And yes, I know :D thats why I mentioned the support races. :P And no, I didn't buy a ticket coz I didn't get my passport done. Tho I think my friends have.

naa...that's useless against our professional thieves, they will simply get a screen print and edit our copyright text & logos which is stated in the bottom of the pic.

And the really daft thing is, they think they have the right to do that! They think putting the © is just a decoration or something. They'll put it on their sites too. Some will edit the pic and put their own © marks!

The launching of ‘Sigiriya Rally Cross’ and press briefing regarding the same was held during morning hours of the day (08 September 2009) at the SLAF Head Quarters. Sri Lanka Association of Racing Drivers and Riders, better known as SLARDAR , a premier Motor racing organization in the country, conducting such events as the Foxhill, Gunners and Gajaba Supercross events, Rotherham Katukurunda(Air Force) Meet and other major motorsport events, in conjunction with the SRI LANKA AIR FORCE, for many reasons, embarked on a project to construct a purpose built ‘rally cross’ track, combining a part of the paved air strip and a section of the surrounding land.

This project would help to provide a source of much needed entertainment for the folk of the area, provide an opportunity for the Air Force to interact with the civil population by building ‘bridges’ of cooperation and understanding between themselves, provide an opportunity to enhance business opportunities for the many hotels, guest houses, restaurants and other trades around Sigiriya Rock by capitalize on the expected large influx of visitors to witness the event , provide an ideal rally cross track for all motor sport enthusiasts and help youngsters in the area to take up to autocross sport by observing some of the best drivers and riders in the country tackling this challenging track. The event would definitely help to stimulate economic growth in the area. It is the intention to stage this event annually.

The ‘Track’ is made-up of the air strip itself and a part of the surrounding land on a 40 % (tarred track) to 60% (gravel track) basis. The inclusion of sharp 2nd gear corners and sweeping third gear corners, adding up to some 10 corners, will provide a thrilling viewing experience for the spectators. The paved landing strip will provide opportunity for high speed and the gravel track with a number of designed corners will provide an opportunity to highlight the driving skill of the competitors. The track, in general, could be designated as being ‘Fast’. There will be around 22 events for both motorbikes and cars.

The riders are challenged by a number of rammed earth ‘Jumps’, table-tops, and other autocross features and should bring to the forefront their ability and skill in tackling this purpose built track. Every possible feature associated with an event of this nature, with special emphasis on safety for both spectators and competitors have been incorporated in laying this track. Thus, all in all an interesting, spectacular and enjoyable event is on the cards.

The event is scheduled for the 27th of September, 2009. Practice for competitors will be on the 26th of September.

http://www.airforce.lk/news.php?news=69

this looks to be a good track :)

This project would help to provide a source of much needed entertainment for the folk of the area, provide an opportunity for the Air Force to interact with the civil population by building ‘bridges’ of cooperation and understanding between themselves, provide an opportunity to enhance business opportunities for the many hotels, guest houses, restaurants and other trades around Sigiriya Rock by capitalize on the expected large influx of visitors to witness the event , provide an ideal rally cross track for all motor sport enthusiasts and help youngsters in the area to take up to autocross sport by observing some of the best drivers and riders in the country tackling this challenging track. The event would definitely help to stimulate economic growth in the area. It is the intention to stage this event annually.

This paragraph just sounds like the type of BS politicians give us.

"help youngsters in the area to take up to autocross sport by observing" ????????I'm sure youngsters in that area were NOT interested in motor racing because they haven't seem it yet...

and "much needed entertainment"... yes, i recall the many times i went to that area and saw people just sitting under trees for hours wasting time simply because they didnt have any other 'entertainment'....

I agree the races are pretty exciting, but this is just over-exaggerating beyond borders...

so how and who are going for sure now? & where is everyone planning on staying??

Machan Devinda, I had a chat with miniace and he also willing to go if unexpected something fallen on the day.

So can we workout something for us without going individualy? What do you think?

Pls PM your mobile number.

so how and who are going for sure now? & where is everyone planning on staying??

well waiting for DD to gimme some more info of the place...

i'm planning on going but it would be driving into the races and driving out...

I'm out of SL from this sunday and will be only getting back next saturday early morning...

i though of chilaxing saturday at home and maybe drive to sigiriya early early morning...

5hrs on the road should get me there neda?

If the rest of gang is coming we can meet up somewhere...

i bet most folks will be in the paddocks right? would be difficult miss each other :)

Machan Devinda, I had a chat with miniace and he also willing to go if unexpected something fallen on the day.

So can we workout something for us without going individualy? What do you think?

Pls PM your mobile number.

that's super machang! i have never met the fella :)

ok guys...

i'm going for the races for sure :)

getting a paddock pass thingy so will be in the pits

planning on getting there around 7.30~8 so i have enough time to recce the track for good spots to shoot from...

see you guys there :)

I'm out of SL from sunday till next saturday so most probably wont have access to AL..

Madz

suppose i can give you katu pics and the sigirya ones at the same time now :)

Madz., i sent u a PM regarding stickers..pls get through to me asap if u have them ready..my mobile no is 071-818-2158 (Damith)..

thanks

Madz., i sent u a PM regarding stickers..pls get through to me asap if u have them ready..my mobile no is 071-818-2158 (Damith)..

thanks

Nice meeting you Damith ! Tx for the support mate...wish u all the best for the Sigirya Rallycross ! same goes to rest of the AL riders who taking part including DD & JD !!

Event 01 group SL-N Nissan March 1000c j********i INSURANCE TROPHY

10 Missaka Naween Nissan March 997 01

01 Harsha Panduwawala Nissan March 998 02

21 Mishael Wijesuriya Nissan March 1000 03

Event 02 group J - Racing Motorcycles upto 85cc - under 13 years j********i INSURANCE TROPHY

22 Evon Biyagee Gurusinghe Honda CR 85 01

85 Imantha Siriwardena Yamaha YZ 85 02

18 Dillen Buultjens Kawasaki XX 85 03

Event 03 group M - MOD Street Trail Motorcycles upto 125cc (2T- 4T) COCA-COLA TROPHY

66 Shanuka J sadaruwan Honda CRM 80 01

78 Lahiru Jeewantha Kumraasinghe Kawasaki KDX 125 02

55 Silva Marappan Suzuki TSR 125 03

Event 04 group T & J Diesel Turbo upto 5500cc SLAF TROPHY

27 Lanil Galaboda mitshubihi Pajero 2800 01

60 MAnjula Wijesinghe Pajero 2800 02

18 Lasantha Vitharana Toyota Hiux 2499 03

Event 05 group SL -N Cars - Over 12 Kg/Hp SINGER - TROPHY

54 Upulwan Serasinghe Ford Laser 12.5 01

100 U C Perera Ford Laser 12.5 02

15 Lalin Kinnde Ford Laser 12.5 03

Event 06 group J Motorcycles PW or QR 55cc u10 Years B.O.C TROPHY

39 H E D Binalk Kithalagama Yamaha PW 50 01

51 M NiklesManchanake Loncin PY 50 02

100 LG Thimila Leeshan Devinda Yamaha PW 50 03

Event 07 group SL -N Mini 7 upto 1000cc B.O.C TROPHY

79 Susantha gunawardana Austin Mini 1000 01

77 Lasantha Gunasekera Austin Mini 1000 02

53 Andrew Lal Perera Austin Mini 1000 03

Event 08 group SL -H Cars upto 1600cc (Race1) MOBITEL TROPHY

63 Upulwan Serasinghe Honda T-J Specel 1600 01

74 Ashan Silva Honda Civic 1600 02

25 Nishan Wasalathanthri Honda v-tec 1600 03

Event 09 group SL -L Cars upto 1050cc SLARDAR TROPHY

08 A D S Ajiith Keerthi Austin Mini 1050 01

59 Samantha gunawardana Austin Mini 1050 02

42 Anil jayakoddy Diahatsu G100S 1050 03

Event 10 group SL -N Cars - 10 to 12 Kg/Hp R*D B*LL - TROPHY

41 Dinesh Senanayake Mazda Aea 10.57 01

46 Pasidu Peiris Honda EG 3 11.04 02

64 Upulwan Serasinghe Ford Laser 12.5 03

Event 11 group MX Racing Motor cycles upto 85 CC (Under 16 Years) EXIDE TROPHY

12 Shehan C Adikari Honda CR 85 01

07 Shanuka J Sandaruwan Honda CR 85 02

28 Imal S U Manchanayake Suzuki RM 85 03

Event 12 group - STD/MOD Sreet Trail Motorcycles upto 250cc (2T&4T) EXIDE TROPHY

27 R M Safras Yamaha WR 250 01

31 Shiva Marappan KTM EXC 250 02

03 T P Susil Chandana Yamaha WR250F 250 03

Event 13 group SL-N Ford Laser / Mazda upto 1500cc MOBITEL - TROPHY

45 Upulwa Serasinghe Ford Laser 1500 01

43 Kaushalya Samarasinghe Ford Laser 1500 02

94 Shanaka Kasthuriarachchi Ford Laser 1500 03

Event 14 group Super Motard Racing Motorcycles OPEN MOBITEL - TROPHY

21 Udesh Wedisinghe Yamaha YZ 250 01

52 Ramal Pathirathne Yamaha WR 426 02

44 Indika Gurusinghe Honda CRS 450 03

Event 15 group SL-GT Cars up to 3500CC (Race) HTL S L - TROPHY

49 Pasindu Peiris Mitsubishi EVO 9 2000 01

68 Aravinda Premadasa Mitsubishi EVO 7 2000 02

30 Janaka Dias Subaru Imprezza 2000 03

Event 16 group MX Racing Motor cycles upto 85 CC (Under 16 Years) SINGER TROPHY

12 Shehan C Adikari Honda CR 85 01

07 Shanuka J Sandaruwan Honda CR 85 02

28 Imal S U Manchanayake Suzuki RM 85 03

Event 17 group SL-H Cars up to 1600cc MOBITEL - TROPHY

74 Ashan Silva Honda Civic 1600 01

06 Ishraq Wahab Honda Civic 1600 02

63 Upulwan Serasinghe Honda T-J Special 1600 01

Event 18 group MX Racing Motor cycles up to 125 CC(2T-4T) FMSSL - TROPHY

45 Ishan Dasanayake Yamaha TZ 125 01

12 Shehan C Adikari Honda CR 85 02

34 Rumlsha Buultjens Honda CR 125 03

Event 19 group SL- N Cars up to 8-10Kg/Hp EXIDE TROPHY

62 Prasanna Ranasinghe Vauxhall Cavalier 8.1 01

34 Dinesh Senanayake Suzuki Swift 8.09 02

46 Pasidu Peiris Honda EG 3 11.04 03

Event 20 group MX Racing Motorcycles upto 250 CC SINGER TROPHY

76 K P Aravinda (INDIA) TVS 250 02

90 Rumisha Buultjens Honda CRF 250 03

Event 21 group SL-A Cars upto 1400cc B.O.C TROPHY

87 Damitha Abeyratna Honda Civic 1342 01

52 W A G Rangana Ford Laser 1370 02

08 A D S Ajith Keerthi Austin Mni 1050 03

Event 22 group MX Racing Motorcycles up to 250 CC MOBITEL SMART TROPHY

76 K P Aravinda (INDIA) TVS 250 02

63 h k pRADEEp (INDIA) TVS 250 03

Event 23 group T & J Open Event EXIDE TROPHY

29 Dinesh Senanayake Toyota RAV4 2000 01

80 Ihraq Wahab Mitsubishi EVO Jeep 3500 02

27 Lanil Galaboda Mitsubishi ajero 2800 03

Event NO24 group SL-GT Cars upto 3500CC (Race2) HTL SL - TROPHY

49 Pasindu Peiris Mitsubishi EVO 9 2000 01

30 Janaka Dias Subaru Imprezza 2000 02

89 Kapila Jayasundara Mitsubishi EVO 7 2000 03

source: SLAF

Thanks ripper, are your pics up yet?

One oddity in the results I noticed was event no 19..., won by somebody in a Vauxhall Cavalier! :blink: How did that come about?

nah mate...still far too busy salon-pas'ng me legs didn't have time to sort through the 12 gigs i shot....

track was really really dusty... you'll see when me pics go on FB :)

if i remember correctly the swift was a very close second but the vaux guy drove pretty darn well in corners...

from what i notice in most of the spots it's the better braking, cornering guys won over the 800m straight top speed blokes...

you get the checkered flag after less than 100 odd metres of exiting a sharp corner coming out of the gravel track...

hold the gravel well and you sorta win it me thinks.... DD will have a far better review of the track....

gotta hand it to the drivers for navigating the track somewhat safely in near zero visibility at times...

Hey, can someone post the results please? :rolleyes: Thanx in advance

Correction in SL GT Events

SL-GT Race -1

1. Pasindu Pieris

2. Aravinda Premadasa

3. Janaka Dias

4. Dinesh Deheragoda

5. Rizvi Rarook.

SL-GT Race-2

1. Pasindu Pieris

2. Rizvi Farook

3. Dinesh Deheragoda

4. Carmen Thenuwara

5. Janaka Dias

One oddity in the results I noticed was event no 19..., won by somebody in a Vauxhall Cavalier! :blink: How did that come about?

Thats pretty cool! Prasanna happens to be a friend of mine! He took part in Katu too, which was a return after like 3 years. Happy to see him doing well!

Wow Ripper 12gigs!!!!!!

Dilesh

U r welcome Madz..I met Grandcivic on the track...couldn't locate ripper though...nice track i must say..had loads of fun driving it..Ranga wanted to protest about my car and then later he decided not to...lol..had he put the protest paying 25k it wud have been embarassing for him cos my car meets exact requiremnts to sit in the SLA-upto 1400cc.. actually its 58cc short of it..my car is only 1342cc..lol

U r welcome Madz..I met Grandcivic on the track...couldn't locate ripper though...nice track i must say..had loads of fun driving it..Ranga wanted to protest about my car and then later he decided not to...lol..had he put the protest paying 25k it wud have been embarassing for him cos my car meets exact requiremnts to sit in the SLA-upto 1400cc.. actually its 58cc short of it..my car is only 1342cc..lol

hey machan, nice to meet yo too. unfortunately couldnt see your race but heard you drove superbly. welldone !!!!

machan, you have a defenete driver's weight disadvantage. lol.... try and do some thing :D

Correction in SL GT Events

SL-GT Race -1

1. Pasindu Pieris

2. Aravinda Premadasa

3. Janaka Dias

4. Dinesh Deheragoda

5. Rizvi Rarook.

SL-GT Race-2

1. Pasindu Pieris

2. Rizvi Farook

3. Dinesh Deheragoda

4. Carmen Thenuwara

5. Janaka Dias

thanks for the correction mate...

got those off SLAF site cos SLARDAR still haven't updated theirs...