• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

More Experience With Indian Alto

thusi

dude, do these chapthi seats get heated when they see modified cars on the road ? cus these days im having lots of issues Altos and marutis honking behind, cutting to my side, blocking me, rev their cars at color lights, sometime i feel they might blow their engine cus of the sound coming from the elcardo exhaust are so loud

Ohhh so U seem to be getting the same treatment - & I thought it was just me

And my ride isn’t even modified – just got 2 simple meter’s fixed to the side door rail and a badge that says Mazdaspeed - Ya like what’s up with them ?????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same thoughts regarding some of those Three-wheeler drivers.

Now I understand that just like those who drive cars 'that are superior than Marutis' tend to scoff at Marutis, I have the same tendency towards Bajaj Three-wheelers.

Feel like I too have the habit of "Self-Exaltation" to some extent. :unsure:

Ahhhh well with 3 wheelers – it comes standard –Moron mode option that is

But I would believe Maruti drivers would have better sense than them 3 wheeler blokes

oh! "fanboy" term hasn't gone too well i see :)

they seem to like "Fanman" or summin like that :):lol:

inferiority complex or what? ROFLMAO

but gotta say it has been quite entertaining :lol:

especially the repeat performances...

these guys are the only group of car brand owners who just love to stirr things up when so many other people with different brands take criticisms quite well without having to keep on yapping about it :)

how many threads have had on this already?

how many posts?

The forum members have always been helpful to ANY car brand owner when they have been requesting help on issues! and the funny thing is, most of these maruti fanboys (sorry, fanmen) have rarely been part of that...

only here to just yap about useless things that serves no purpose :)

but hey, keep the circus rolling :)

I have to ask, why do you feel the need to shove your 2c in after EVERY SINGLE REPLY on a Maruti thread? do you actively want to stoke up the argument? or do you simply like drawing attention to yourself?

what does that post even mean anyway?

I dont want Attraction and also dont want to stoke up the argument.

what I want to know is whether to call the Maruti a Papadam,Chapathi,Tin or Box on wheels

Do u know what to call it???

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

What is this nonsense in talking about road coalitions involving Marutis? Haven’t we all seen bigger, better and more expensive cars getting into accidents and producing fatalities?

do agree with you mostly but this sentence is pure "non-sense" if you take your own terminology IMHO

there is nothing 100% safe in this world...especially under certain circumstances, natural or man made...

hell NASA spends millions or billions into safety but still their rockets are not 100% safe and they too have had fatalities...

but the difference is, some have made it a point do very little about safety in their products so that they can keep the product "competitive" and approachable to larger segment of the market while others had to up their safety standards due to regulatory conditions and base standards in their respective countries....

simply put, Marutis haven't really done their bit to improve their safety standards even when compared to certain vehicles made in more developed markets decades ago...

so IMHO, this non-sense you talk about collisions involving marutis is not really non-sense but has a lot to do what the product is offering, or not offering in this case...

And for the record, had we seen a "fair" review of the car with first hand experiences listing both the negatives and positives, both of the threads wouldn't have gone this far :) The first thread too was singing praise of the car in so many aspects while conveniently stepping away from the cons, as we all know, do exist.

ferrarif50 -yesterday at basline road a maruti driver did his best to block me, he didn't know i was test driving my car after the tuneup, so i had to take a u turn to ignore that guy

Mkx - machan people buy maruties for the fuel economy, but i cant understand the way most drive they can get a gud fuel economy

STi-B4 - u remember we didnt saw till the last minute that bugger came from the left side, if u turn even lil bit to left he would have end at the wall or on ya rear bumper. that was scary man, specially the way he drove,

mazdaspeed - machan when they see mazdaspeed sticker they get the Altospeed attitude lol

Edited by GihanFX

Mkx - machan people buy maruties for the fuel economy, but i cant understand the way most drive they can get a gud fuel economy

Yes most of them look for fuel economy + brand new factor (not abt less maintenance, but some prefer brand new .. over brand value)

Yes the way they drive Marutis they can't get the fuel economy, simply once they come to the road Maruti guys forget what their rides are build for.. and why they bought it.. they think they are equal to average Japanese car in terms of performance..

so they stand on their accelerator pedals and passing red lines and travel at 70kmph.. but they don't realize we are just in our normal economical drive mode..

Yes most of them look for fuel economy + brand new factor (not abt less maintenance, but some prefer brand new .. over brand value)

Yes the way they drive Marutis they can't get the fuel economy, simply once they come to the road Maruti guys forget what their rides are build for.. and why they bought it.. they think they are equal to average Japanese car in terms of performance..

so they stand on their accelerator pedals and passing red lines and travel at 70kmph.. but they don't realize we are just in our normal economical drive mode..

Yup bro.Most of the Maruti drivers thrash their cars to keep up with the Jap1s.And I also think that they are Not getting that Fuel consumption they want....

You cant expect much performance from an 800cc ryt,But then how about Buddy vans....

There handling is hopeless...

Anyway Its no use Fitting a so called Beat barell to a Maruti without Using Big piping Cause It will sound like a MOPED :D

Actually How much will it cost to do the piping in stainless steel 1inch and Put a stainless steel 2inch Muffler

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

I dont want Attraction and also dont want to stoke up the argument.

what I want to know is whether to call the Maruti a Papadam,Chapathi,Tin or Box on wheels

Do u know what to call it???

You can call it whatever you feel like mate, there are no wrong answers here! ;)

What I can see is some self-exaltation along with misinterpretation of the term "Car-Enthusiast".

My My, don't we know some big words!!

Unfortunately though the misinterpretation of the term Enthusiast appears to be something You've gone an done mate.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I could be of course, considering that I don't know half as many big words as you do!) but nevertheless the generally held definition of an ENTHUSIAST is someone who has passion for something. By that definition a CAR enthusiast would be someone who is passionate about cars don't you think? So as I pointed out earlier, such people generally tend to look upon cars whose sole purpose in life is providing cheap transport and forget about anything else with a certain amount of disdain. And I'm sorry, even if you stand on your head and shout about it, there is no getting away from the fact that NOTHING Maruti currently makes is either fun to drive, or has even an ounce of that elusive quality that stirs emotions, Character.

And in case you were saying that is merely a by-product of the cars being cheap, I'd like to point out that there have been plenty of cheap cars that have loads of that "Xfactor", cars like the Mini, the VW beetle, the Morris Minor even!

Regardless, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and as I have already pointed out before, If you would only stop shoving your oar in every time somebody mentions even a slight negative about something produced by Maruti, then this discussion would have stopped quite some time ago.

Still, at least it's providing all and sundry with endless entertainment! :D

Those things are notorious when the do anything above 50 K mph- like skating on ice – slightest twitch and – there she goes wondering way all over the road (This is through experience - I say this - thank god nothing happened :) )

Those things are notorious when the do anything above 50 K mph- like skating on ice – slightest twitch and – there she goes wondering way all over the road (This is through experience - I say this - thank god nothing happened :) )

I once drove a kei alto at full throttle just to see what it could give. I checked the speedo when it shifted to top gear after redlining on every single gear, cos it felt like i was going well over the speed limit, just to find out that i was barely touching 50 :lol:

I once drove a kei alto at full throttle just to see what it could give. I checked the speedo when it shifted to top gear after redlining on every single gear, cos it felt like i was going well over the speed limit, just to find out that i was barely touching 50 :lol:

If this is true, indian alto is far more better that this.

It can cross 60kmph in 2nd gear with redlining and 100kmph in 20sec in 4th gear. Top speed that i was recorded was 140, but need looong stretch to do it and car just simply fly because of 600kg weight.

Anyway Its no use Fitting a so called Beat barell to a Maruti without Using Big piping Cause It will sound like a MOPED :D

Actually How much will it cost to do the piping in stainless steel 1inch and Put a stainless steel 2inch Muffler

OT, but please let me know is there any Gajamatic that i can fix to my civic to get da Beat and then remove it when i come home again. Cos my father will not allow me to bring the car home wit Beat.. So i should be able to fix and remove it in a Flash.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MkX

OT, but please let me know is there any Gajamatic that i can fix to my civic to get da Beat and then remove it when i come home again. Cos my father will not allow me to bring the car home wit Beat.. So i should be able to fix and remove it in a Flash.. :rolleyes:

You could buy a CD with engine noises and play it really loudly when you feel like you want a beat... <_<:rolleyes:

My My, don't we know some big words!!

Unfortunately though the misinterpretation of the term Enthusiast appears to be something You've gone an done mate.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I could be of course, considering that I don't know half as many big words as you do!) but nevertheless the generally held definition of an ENTHUSIAST is someone who has passion for something. By that definition a CAR enthusiast would be someone who is passionate about cars don't you think? So as I pointed out earlier, such people generally tend to look upon cars whose sole purpose in life is providing cheap transport and forget about anything else with a certain amount of disdain. And I'm sorry, even if you stand on your head and shout about it, there is no getting away from the fact that NOTHING Maruti currently makes is either fun to drive, or has even an ounce of that elusive quality that stirs emotions, Character.

And in case you were saying that is merely a by-product of the cars being cheap, I'd like to point out that there have been plenty of cheap cars that have loads of that "Xfactor", cars like the Mini, the VW beetle, the Morris Minor even!

Regardless, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and as I have already pointed out before, If you would only stop shoving your oar in every time somebody mentions even a slight negative about something produced by Maruti, then this discussion would have stopped quite some time ago.

Still, at least it's providing all and sundry with endless entertainment! :D

One need not own a car with the aforesaid qualities, to be a car enthusiast.

Every car owner has his own sentiments with his own car, and that differs between each person.

For me Kei cars have their own character.

Though I can not corner hard with my car, I enjoy cutting through the traffic with it. (I rarely drive out of the city)

While almost all of the negative points mentioned by you guys about Maruti 800 are true,

those negative points mentioned about the Maruti-Suzuki range as a whole, are mere assumptions and myths.

Edited by samishka

If this is true, indian alto is far more better that this.

It can cross 60kmph in 2nd gear with redlining and 100kmph in 20sec in 4th gear. Top speed that i was recorded was 140, but need looong stretch to do it and car just simply fly because of 600kg weight.

Bro my mums 800 does 40 in the 1st, 70 in the 2nd and 110 in the 3rd.But that CHapathie Feel as if its flying after crossing 100kmph and aLSO IF u need to brake suddenly (GOD will have to Help u),,,,,

I saw a Part called Beat maker in Darley rd....It is Like an Exhaust Tip.Have anyone of you seen it???

Yup bro.At about 80kmph Feels as if its flying....Crappy BOX on wheels...

And the 800s Brakes are Hopeless(Specially the Old version)