• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Check Vehicle Registration Number

Nishan.dj

Hello friends..

Does anyone of you know how to check the vehicle registration number online or by calling them? Please advice me. If it is possible either online or by phone please write me the web address or the telephone number. Thanks indeed in advance.

Nishan

As far as I know that info is not made available to the general public. Cops can call their in-house unit at the RMV to get rego details in case of a hit and run now, but unless a court order is given, the rego details are not given out.

Hello friends..

Does anyone of you know how to check the vehicle registration number online or by calling them? Please advice me. If it is possible either online or by phone please write me the web address or the telephone number. Thanks indeed in advance.

Nishan

I dont believe you can check it either way. Once I needed some details about a certain vehicle number and got it through by paying some Gratuity payments to one fellow. then he got me a print out with details of the number and vehicle.

Giving out info to the public on the physical characteristics such as make model chassis number engine number etc sounds reasonable in case someone wants to buy it and needs to verify its a genuine vehicle and not a stolen or other sort of illegal car. But giving out personal information on the owner would be a sensitive issue, due to possible breeches in privacy.

Giving out info to the public on the physical characteristics such as make model chassis number engine number etc sounds reasonable in case someone wants to buy it and needs to verify its a genuine vehicle and not a stolen or other sort of illegal car. But giving out personal information on the owner would be a sensitive issue, due to possible breeches in privacy.

What we need is a lemon law and something equivalent to Carfax.

I dont believe you can check it either way. Once I needed some details about a certain vehicle number and got it through by paying some Gratuity payments to one fellow. then he got me a print out with details of the number and vehicle.

Thats the only way you could check, but 350bucks should be enough to get it.

In Sri Lanka, everything could be done for money.

Not only Srilanka mate it also happens in most of the 3rd world countries. What I really see is Sri Lanka is far better than some other big countries like India, Thailand etc. At least we can be happy about it.

Edited by AMG

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 7:08 AM, kusumsiri said:

On 3/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, Twin Turbo said:

On 1/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, Eshan Isuranga said:

13-2681

Sigh! Posting your number here will not provide you the information  ...as mentioned above by Kusumsiri and Twin Turbo use the website - press the proceed button then  login with your google account - enter your NIC and mobile Number ( if you can't remember or can't be bothered it does NOT validate so any series of numbers works) enter your car number. 

image.thumb.png.84a821a7579bd511e7630637128296f4.png

You get the following details 

image.png.00277a01d43bbe7d666a3e52e1e66009.png

The android app is another option - less hassle as you don't need to submit your information each time - but it's been down for a few weeks now. Website still works. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...