• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Singapore Leather Seats

rangerover

I have an idea of purchasing a honda civic (vti) with leather interior. Coz the fabric interior japanese versions are not VTi if im not mistaken.

What do you guys think of the leather you find in civics, sunnys and vios cars u import from japan? does it affect the second hand market (compared to civics imported from japan without vti)?

How about the comfort and maintanace? please provide some feedback

Does this affect the second hand market or ride comfort in the car?

i would think the high humidity and hot sun would cause a lot of perspiration since there isnt much ventilation as fabric seats...

I personally feel the concept of leather-is-better is something sri lanka has adopted from europe and/or america and are blindly following. What we fail to undertand is the environmental factors are very different in the 2 regions...

Personally, I would stick to fabric seats..

i would think the high humidity and hot sun would cause a lot of perspiration since there isnt much ventilation as fabric seats...

I personally feel the concept of leather-is-better is something sri lanka has adopted from europe and/or america and are blindly following. What we fail to undertand is the environmental factors are very different in the 2 regions...

The other issue is, you tend to slide on the seat when hard cornering... and that's a pain..

...& then there's also that odd issue where some of the older leathers like in the Pajero ("Intercoolers") make it sound like your passing wind every time you move or fidget! :o

Perforated leather with the seat centers in a napped finish is the most comfy i reckon , but neither wears very well in our conditions with minimal care , as evident with the state of many high end Volvo's around town, some of which came with such seats

A guy in the office has a Liana/Aerio wagon and it has these so called leather seats, and you do indeed need to buckle yourself if you don't want to slide about. However, the way the rear seats are cracking makes me believe they're Pleather. I dunno if they add better comfort but the wagon is pretty spacious in the rear and comfy enough. Makes a good family vehicle.

Edited by terrabytetango

Dunno about Europe, but the climate in the southern US states comes to the same as that of SL, sometimes even more so, and those are the times I wish I hadn't worn shorts to Walmart. Seriously, cloth or Alcantara seating surfaces is way more conducive to one's comfort in humid environments.

I would disagree with you on this one, the feel of the leather is much better than fabric, sometimes it gets a little hot but not a real issue when you turn the A/C on.

I usually drive with two messy kids at the back and cleaning is so easy , I cant imagine what the car will look if it was fabric. Also I strongly belive that on hygenic grounds the leather ( artifical or real ) is better than fabric. When I buy a second hand car first thing I do is take to Klenn park and get the seats shampooed, but I am not entirely convinced if it gets cleaned 100% when the seats are fabric.