• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Ft-86

Devinda_Z

Toyota FT-86 coupe

The new Toyota Subaru joint-venture sports coupe is spied out testing

Photos: Automedia 13th October 2009

car_photo_337696_25.jpg

car_photo_337699_25.jpg

car_photo_337690_25.jpg

car_photo_337684_25.jpg

Last week saw the unveil of Toyota’s FT-86 concept, a preview of the Toyota/Subaru joint-venture coupe that’s just around the corner.

The concept itself is very promising, not looking too far off production reality while also offering up pretty striking looks, inside and out. And these spy shots prove the real thing can’t be far away, as under the disguise lies what appears to be a pretty substantial car with proportions close to those of the FT-86.

When it hits the roads, it’s set to mate a Subaru Impreza-sourced 2-litre flat-four boxer engine to a rear-wheel drive chassis, modified from the all-wheel-drive Subaru Legacy.

While the 2-litre Impreza musters up 148bhp, the Toyota/Subaru coupe is set to offer upwards of 200bhp, transferred to the rear by a six-speed manual gearbox. That should mean performance that closely rivals its Volkswagen Scirocco foe – 0-62mph in 7.2sec and a 146mph top speed – as the pair share near identical dimensions.

The Japanese car should trump the VW with its rear-drive dynamics, though, and be more of a drivers’ car. We look forward to finding out. The location of these spy shots - the Nürburgring - has to be a good sign.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evospyshots/2434...be071e40617aa96

Great news!, but still love the old AE86.. i haven't seen a single coupe version in SL yet!

ae86coupe.jpg

Anyways any idea how many genuine AE86 chassis cars are there in SL? Have seen pics of a hatch, other than that?

Edited by shanX

I got tired of looking for the posts on the FT 86 in that other thread where ever it was so decided to open up a new one!

@ Peri : it would be awesome if those posts could magically appear here ;)

:D

ehem... i think i started that thread and here's the link

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...193&hl=ae86

the autoblog link

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/01/rumoure...6-more-details/

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/toyotas-re...esy-of-best-car

The final design seems to have changed quite a bit from the prototypes

Never seen an AE 86 in SL??? Strange mate !! There are many AE86 Levins and Truenos in SL.Regd range 14 sri to 18 sri.

MINIACE

No, but there are two different cars of the same model year right? AE86 and AE85? Most are AE85, I guess he meant that

Sorry about making things confused.. :D yes i meant i haven't saw any coupes in here. The one that i saw is also pimped to the max. bugger had put a spoiler that makes the whole thing look like a riced up shopping cart. what a waste!

Sorry about making things confused.. :D yes i meant i haven't saw any coupes in here. The one that i saw is also pimped to the max. bugger had put a spoiler that makes the whole thing look like a riced up shopping cart. what a waste!

Pop by my office. That car I posted the link to is the daily drive of a guy who works here.

Pop by my office. That car I posted the link to is the daily drive of a guy who works here.

That car really is pretty neat, and the guy does seem to love it too.... I went to look at it myself when it was on sale, by the time i was ready to talk prices with them it had already been sold. Thats when i decided to go down the old brit route.

Peri, If your colleague ever wants to get rid of it, give me a heads up please.

No, but there are two different cars of the same model year right? AE86 and AE85? Most are AE85, I guess he meant that

Some are confused here..Both AE 85 and AE 86 came only as coupe or hatchback versions.Two pax Doors.only few trim and engine differences changed them.

MINIACE

i'm guessing your referring to the black one which appeared in the AL classified a year of two ago

Some are confused here..Both AE 85 and AE 86 came only as coupe or hatchback versions.Two pax Doors.only few trim and engine differences changed them.

MINIACE

noo :D

i was also talking about differences between AE86-AE85, like engine and such wise ;)