• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Differences Between An Eg* And An Ek3???

riddle

Question

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

what is the main difference between an EG8 vtec and an EK3????

i know the looks and costs are different../but im confused about the rest...

can you guys please help me out???

thanks alot.

Completly two different models. Engine,Gear box,Body parts,shock absorber system, evrything is different.

Im not suprised if one of our Pundits post ...."why you worry about Civics...why not check AE110 or a Sunny" here ha ha.

MINIACE

I beg to differ. It is Civic fans that jump in on every thread about other cars extolling the virtues of their (what they think are) super cars. Even those that don't know the difference between models. Specially those that think Civic=Type R.

For example, the chap who thinks the Corolla is bad on fuel, but doesn't know the difference between Civic models. I think it would be a fair bet that he hasn't realized that EG8s come in other forms than vtec. Because, after all, all Civics sip on fuel and produce monster performance!!1!!1!!!!

Edited by Pericles

I beg to differ. It is Civic fans that jump in on every thread about other cars extolling the virtues of their (what they think are) super cars. Even those that don't know the difference between models. Specially those that think Civic=Type R.

For example, the chap who thinks the Corolla is bad on fuel, but doesn't know the difference between Civic models. I think it would be a fair bet that he hasn't realized that EG8s come in other forms than vtec. Because, after all, all Civics sip on fuel and produce monster performance!!1!!1!!!!

+1

hell yeah! Peri's back :D

Yup bro.But you get almost the same fuel economy as a Corolla or sunny from a Civic but yet they are more Powerful than the Corollas and Sunnys.

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

+2 !!! Perfectly said! :D

Yup bro.But you get almost the same fuel economy as a Corolla or sunny from a Civic but yet they are more Powerful than the Corollas and Sunnys.

:lol: you really haven't met any owners of corolla's and sunny's have you. :rolleyes: And yeah.. More powerful.. sigh.. Ok.. :)

Just curious, normally couldn't one feel gears changing on CVTs?

Don't have a lot of experience on one: but nope. It was a weird disconnected experience though and was extremely sluggish; it felt like the car was perpetually stuck in a gear that was too high for its engine speed. Overall it felt unresponsive rather than bad-ass like as shown in the video...but again, my experience with CVT's is quite limited.

Thats not what was said. The man said "fuel maniac". Thats not the same as "almost the same" or marginally better.

Anyway, its relative. A standard sedan owner thinks 10 is good. A small hatch owner might think 10 is "maniac" and he needs 15 or so to start calling it good.

As predicted ! In a different style....

MINIACE

Your prediction is quite wrong. I was replying to your post. If YOU hadn't said that I wouldn't have bothered. Not to mention, no one marketed a sunny or a corolla yet. There was a time some time ago that I didn't know the difference. Trick is, we all gotta learn somehow. But until you do, you gotta avoid saying things like fuel maniacs. I mean geez, if a sunny doing 10 is a maniac, what do you call a Prado doing 4?

Edited by Pericles

if we put the honda ricers aside for moment...there is a general notion among the normal car buying public that honda's are not very efficient on fuel...and that toyota's and nissan's tend to fair better economy wise...So there are also lots of nissan and toyota fanboys ready to jump in and "advice" against buying a honda...so it goes both ways.

though admittedly the honda fanboys are the most annoying of them all :D

Edited by MasterDon

if we put the honda ricers aside for moment...there is a general notion among the normal car buying public that honda's are not very efficient on fuel...and that toyota's and nissan's tend to fair better economy wise...So there are also lots of nissan and toyota fanboys ready to jump in and "advice" against buying a honda...so it goes both ways.

I find it rather surprising that you would say that. The general notion that I hear is ranking in terms of fuel efficiency is Toyota, Honda and then Nissan. Something I normally attribute to Nissan not running a VVL type system in its normal cars where Toyotas VVT and Hondas vtec give them that edge.

gotta say except for one toyota fanboy we all know too well... i can't remember another single toyota or nissan fanboy in AL forums...

but yeah there are enough and more folks who thinks civics are sports cars and there seems to be one or two in this thread already :D

what is the main difference between an EG8 vtec and an EK3????

i know the looks and costs are different../but im confused about the rest...

can you guys please help me out???

thanks alot.

Eg is the old model and EK is the generation after that.

Eg has single carburator, dual carburator, normal EFI, VTEC engine types, where as EK has only normal EFI and VTEC only. No carburator model as it came to production after 1996 and very few in 1995.

I think both has ability to do same type of engine swaps, my knowladge is very limited so you can do some reserch and find out.

And i think EK was the first generation of Civics came with Multimatic gear box.

And EK manual gears give better fuel economy compare to EG, may be due to weight factor. May be auto as well, no exp with that

Edited by MkX

gotta say except for one toyota fanboy we all know too well... i can't remember another single toyota or nissan fanboy in AL forums...

but yeah there are enough and more folks who thinks civics are sports cars and there seems to be one or two in this thread already :D

Yeah, specially since all Honda's automatically are more "powerful" :lol::P .. btw you seem to like the word "fanboy" don't you? :P:rolleyes: