• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daewoo Agent

megatron

Falling under "Light Truck" Catagory, one needs to have a B1 licence to drive them.

Anyway why they are not allowed in the City ? Or did you mean 'Restricted Zones' within Colombo as the City ? :unsure:

i thought there are some regulations in place that restrict entry and movement of "heavy vehicles" into and within the city center? :unsure: or is this some archaic piece of legslation that has stuck in my mind over time? :unsure:

i really would like to know for personal reference how practical and feasible (particularly from a legislative stand point) it would be to run one of those single cabs on a daily basis from the out skirts of colombo city,into and back, on a daily basis?

any idea if there are any of those with an Automatic gearbox? :huh:

how much would one of those sell for??

given how new those things are, i reckon it'll be the closest many of us will ever get to owning a brand new (nearly new) diesel vehicle in this country ne da? :mellow:

i thought there are some regulations in place that restrict entry and movement of "heavy vehicles" into and within the city center? :unsure: or is this some archaic piece of legslation that has stuck in my mind over time? :unsure:

i really would like to know for personal reference how practical and feasible (particularly from a legislative stand point) it would be to run one of those single cabs on a daily basis from the out skirts of colombo city,into and back, on a daily basis?

any idea if there are any of those with an Automatic gearbox? :huh:

how much would one of those sell for??

given how new those things are, i reckon it'll be the closest many of us will ever get to owning a brand new (nearly new) diesel vehicle in this country ne da? :mellow:

For the last few months the Hitad paper is flooded with ads of Toyota Smart Cabs, with "Grey-Market" dealers trying to offer them at competitive prices. (Is Toyota going to launch a face-lift model in next year ?)

These Smart Cabs are a "Smart" concept of an Extended Single Cab which gives the practicality (sans rear seat comfort) of a Double Cab at half the price of a 'True' Double Cab.

They cost between Rs. 4 - 5 million, depending on the features / options.

While that's nearly twice as expensive as a Single Cab the Smart Cab comes with all the "Bells and Whistles".

I still wonder why did they catagorise this 5 seater (with the tiny bench seat in the rear) as a "Light Truck".

Is that because the rear doors open the "wrong way" ? (hinged on to "C pillar" while the "B" pillar is non-existent.) :unsure:

Yes, like you said this is probably the most affordable Japanese-marque Diesel luxury vehicle today. (Though it is made in Thailand, it is supposed to have Toyota's Bullet-proof reliability.)

However people like myself with only C, C1 licence, won't be able to drive one. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we have gone OT. Better to start a separate thread on "Toyota Hilux Smart-Cab" :)

Edited by samishka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, Daewoo agent is still available in Dubai and yes GM motors brought the Daewoo. Now the new version of Daewoo is Chevelot Aveo, optra and Epica. By the way if any of you need any spare parts for Daewoo feel free to contact me on [email protected] or +97150-3481285. I can supply any part for Lanos, nubira and laganza.

meaning GM stopped branding daewoo as a automotive manufacturer?