• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A "somebody" Driven/owned Car!

megatron

*** This topic by no means is meant to offend any gender / person***

Ever seen vehicle advertisements which read " Lady Driven Car" / "Doctor Owned" / '' Engineer owned' etc etc etc

Now where does one draw a line when something like this is mentioned? Does lady driven imply it has been driven carefully - but hmm knowing ladies they have not maintained it? or does it mean it has been jumping off humps , falling into drains, been run without an oil change for the past 'god only knows' number of years?! or to be fair does this imply that the car has been taken care of like an infant.

Same applies to the others... I dunno where to draw the line! Maybe you do! share ur thoughts!

Cheers!! :)

It's no more than a marketing gimmick. Women are assumed to be the fairer sex, so it is assumed they treat their cars well. The same goes for Director/Doctor/Chairman (apparently the price and quality of the used vehicle is directly proportional to the sellers' salary). It's all very ambiguous and should be taken with a pinch of salt, or better yet, ignored altogether.

Edited by terrabytetango

It's no more than a marketing gimmick. Women are assumed to be the fairer sex, so it is assumed they treat their cars well. The same goes for Director/Doctor/Chairman (apparently the price and quality of the used vehicle is directly proportional to the sellers' salary). It's all very ambiguous and should be taken with a pinch of salt, or better yet, ignored altogether.

I have to agree, I'd ignore it all together. Ask for service logs, repair receipts and other maintenance details. How that's presented and the depth of information available should give you a better indication of how the car was cared for rather than trivial claims about who drove it.

Edited by Kavvz

Does lady driven imply it has been driven carefully - but hmm knowing ladies they have not maintained it? or does it mean it has been jumping off humps , falling into drains, been run without an oil change for the past 'god only knows' number of years?! or to be fair does this imply that the car has been taken care of like an infant.

Same applies to the others... I dunno where to draw the line! Maybe you do! share ur thoughts!

Cheers!! :)

I agree with you, no offence to anyone or any car, lady driven implies that the vehicle has been not been driven/maintained carefully (though maybe it has not been driven to it's limits/not abused :D). So people should stop being sexist and put "Gentelman" driven on ads :lol:

Edited by shanX

Ok, the other gimmick i dont get is, "used as second car", what does that mean? is it to imply, the first car is used more than the second? because this could also mean, the car used to drive the kids to school (spoilt interior, same goes to engine condition if used always during school traffic) or the car used to take the dogs to the vet.

Another cliche used is "low mileage". I once went to see a honda with a low mileage, only to find out it had done 120,000 in 3 years!