• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Smart Cab

NPP

Had a chance to test both Smart Cab (Owned by Mini Race driver Lasantha) and Navara (owned by fellow forum member Triptronic).

Both trucks are equally good and rear seat comfort sux! Great handling,power and economy.Heard Navara Auto box got few issues ..somebody please confirm this.IMO opinion Both Navara and Smart are great boys Toys.

Sure 'Triptronic' will share more info here soon.

MINIACE

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am new to the forums. bt i thought i should share my experience.i own a smart cab 4x4 version since around 4months.i am very satisfied with the vehicle as it is very economical,great power and good handling .when it comes to space matter, rear seat comfort is low.But still it is OK.when it comes to long journeys itll sux. i use this for my day to day traveling (to go to university)and not for long journeys..most of the time i travel alone or only with another one to university.so space matter doesn't affect me that much.

As my version is 2.5litre it doesn't come with ABS and airbags.i think fuel consumption is around 12-14km per liter in outstation.(but nt sure).

cab cost me around 4.2m and this the smart cab exclusive version which comes with the front body kit and fortuner 2009-2010 model face. ( lights and cell is different from normal smart cab)

10951_201005096559_734356559_3710871_646

imag0063medium.jpg

• 1 month later...
i am new to the forums. bt i thought i should share my experience.i own a smart cab 4x4 version since around 4months.i am very satisfied with the vehicle as it is very economical,great power and good handling .when it comes to space matter, rear seat comfort is low.But still it is OK.when it comes to long journeys itll sux. i use this for my day to day traveling (to go to university)and not for long journeys..most of the time i travel alone or only with another one to university.so space matter doesn't affect me that much.

As my version is 2.5litre it doesn't come with ABS and airbags.i think fuel consumption is around 12-14km per liter in outstation.(but nt sure).

cab cost me around 4.2m and this the smart cab exclusive version which comes with the front body kit and fortuner 2009-2010 model face. ( lights and cell is different from normal smart cab)

10951_201005096559_734356559_3710871_646

imag0063medium.jpg

the front is FUGLY but it must be good on our washed out roads.

• 2 weeks later...
What's this new PR registration I'm seeing on extra cabs? Heard its some new dual purpose classification. Has anyone got more info?

Also, how would the reduced taxes affect the price of smart cabs? namely the 3.0 version.

Smart cabs are now being registered as DPV in PR, PS series. Has it become compulsory to register in DPV classification?

Smart cabs had a distinct price reduction due to these being evaded from tax by classifying them as lorries ( L numbers, lorries are less taxed when importing)

If the DPV classification is made there will be a lot of other taxes applicable AFAIK and the price will shoot up????

• 2 weeks later...
Saw this AD in H*T ADS bout some new extension for VIGOs to increase rear passenger space. Anyone knows what this is about or tried it?

Apparently they cut open the rear window area to extend the cab into the canopy.

Donno how he did it...

Captured this while being hauled at Kiribathgoda.

How did it get bend like this!!! The strength of the chasis is questionable!!!

nothing is idiot proof mate :)

Apparently they cut open the rear window area to extend the cab into the canopy.

But that wouldnt requrire the chassis to be cut would it? cos this looks more like its bent at the chassis itself rather than just the cab/canopy.

Quik question: do the KingCabs have the same chassis as the double cab?

nothing is idiot proof mate :)

Well said boss!

"SMART" does not mean "idiot proof"

How the hell did this fellow bend the chasis to protrude them up side?

Apparently less damages were seen all around the cab.

Sir,

I have handled water leak of this Thailand made Nawars cabs more than 10 units for a Leading Importer.

This shipment came with a Ribbed rubber to be pasted to the cab and rear Carry boy canopy with did not have a movable window glass a rear front of the canopy had only a open space.

Ribbed rubber was leaking as this cannot be very well pasted with the Rubber gum tube which is supplied by the Exporter.

Then the importer on my instructions tried with 3m VHB double sided gum tape even that was a Frailer.

Then I was entrusted for this job by that Importer I did same in very successfully with a different method.

I had a idea the extension of rear seat space without much expense due to handling of above.

You have to cut open only using Electric angle grinder with a cutting wheel the seating area and closer to the hood.

Cut open rear cab front section then get a good tinker to do necessary welding by combining rear cab and the front cab.

Finish off with a Interior rear seat extending for more rear space with Interior good finish job.

I never tried same but this can be done with about Rupees 50000.00 Maximum. As rear canopy comes fully finished interior.

Above is only what I suggest I never tried same.

Wijesinghe.

Was it a cut-bud extension or an untampered original?

Looked like a original (single smart) cab, the damages to the outer parts were quite not much. The rear portion had been sort of removed due to the collision.

Sir,

Finish off with a Interior rear seat extending for more rear space with Interior good finish job.

I never tried same but this can be done with about Rupees 50000.00 Maximum. As rear canopy comes fully finished interior.

Above is only what I suggest I never tried same.

What with 50,000 for all the tinkering, painting, interior (hood lining, pannels, seats) and finishing??

Mind the estimates, there will be alterations to the canopy and the rear portion and the painting itself will shoot up well above 50,000.

And there are some Toyota Dyna crew cabs converted in to vans ( not the Dyna van, this has no sliding door) with fitting dolphine rear cuts. I think these were made in Japan. Some what the same principle applied, but quite a bit frankie..

Looked like a original (single smart) cab, the damages to the outer parts were quite not much. The rear portion had been sort of removed due to the collision.

Sir,

Any one with a good knowledge of motor Vehicle body's can modify any Vehicle to be like manufacturers close specifications.

Only thing in Srilanka few people will take up this challenge. As cost involved workers problems today every one want to criticize who does a good job.

We in Srilanka has lot of mechanically talented people young generation I have come across most of them. They are interested in money and want finish off their job at 4.30 PM wash their body and get out of their working institution at 5 PM.

We have to change their attitudes select the best pay them well.

Today I think good Technician in any Blue color worker in any Industry minimum salary paid should be Rupees 1000.00 per day.

Above is my view about what I have mentioned.

Wijesinghe.

What with 50,000 for all the tinkering, painting, interior (hood lining, pannels, seats) and finishing??

Mind the estimates, there will be alterations to the canopy and the rear portion and the painting itself will shoot up well above 50,000.

And there are some Toyota Dyna crew cabs converted in to vans ( not the Dyna van, this has no sliding door) with fitting dolphine rear cuts. I think these were made in Japan. Some what the same principle applied, but quite a bit frankie..

Sir,

I cannot what you meant by Frankie.

I quoted what it will cost me. As I have the technology know how and equipped work shop myself with workers.

Please note I am not advertising prepared to give any help if any member wants.

WITH FREE OF CHARGE.

I agree Not to a out side person who do this in that way you may be correct.

Wijesinghe.

Then the importer on my instructions tried with 3m VHB double sided gum tape even that was a Frailer.

You instructed them to use double sided tape??!?! as a mean of waterproofing? or was it to hold the canopy and body together? Either way its one of the stupidest things you can do? there's a reason manufacturers don't use double-sided tape to fit on body paneling :P

to h

You instructed them to use double sided tape??!?! as a mean of waterproofing? or was it to hold the canopy and body together? Either way its one of the stupidest things you can do? there's a reason manufacturers don't use double-sided tape to fit on body paneling :P

Mr . Dilesh,

You are far behind new technologies in the Automobile field in body building.

Please read carefully I never mentioned hold the canopy and body to gather it was to Ribbed rubber to join the gap.

Please note I do not write stupid things without knowing any subject.

I never do more than necessary. Do things to my customers with minimum cost.

The importer of what I said on my post their central work shop Engineer had instructed them to use 3 M double sided tape when the exporters Gum tube failed. That is costing Rupees 900.00 in the market. That too failed then only I suggested to use Very High Bond ( VHB ) 3 M tape which cost one foot about Rupees 100.00. That too was also a failure.

Later I did the need full so that no buyer will complain that there is water leaking when they drive on rainy weather.

Wijesinghe.

Mr . Dilesh,

You are far behind new technologies in the Automobile field in body building.

Please read carefully I never mentioned hold the canopy and body to gather it was to Ribbed rubber to join the gap.

Please note I do not write stupid things without knowing any subject.

I never do more than necessary. Do things to my customers with minimum cost.

The importer of what I said on my post their central work shop Engineer had instructed them to use 3 M double sided tape when the exporters Gum tube failed. That is costing Rupees 900.00 in the market. That too failed then only I suggested to use Very High Bond ( VHB ) 3 M tape which cost one foot about Rupees 100.00. That too was also a failure.

Later I did the need full so that no buyer will complain that there is water leaking when they drive on rainy weather.

Wijesinghe.

My point is you recommended an adhesive (bonding) tape for something that required a sealant :D

Si frankly you made a pretty dumb recommendation... That was my point.

Anyway you're dragging this thread T again, so can we stop this now?

My point is you recommended an adhesive (bonding) tape for something that required a sealant :D

Si frankly you made a pretty dumb recommendation... That was my point.

Anyway you're dragging this thread T again, so can we stop this now?

Mr.Dilesh,

You have send me a Personal note abusing me Stop this nonsense I have to reply with suitable reply.

Please mind your language when you write.

In this post You write frankly you made a pretty dumb recommendation.

Your early post did not means what you write now.

Do not Turn and Twist things when you make a mistake. Turn to be an honest penny.

You do not know the adhesive strength of 3M VHB Tape

I HAVE NOT ADVERTISED ABOUT THE WATER LEAKING PROBLEM WHAT I DID WHEN A IMPORTER HAD A PROBLEM

Wijesinghe.