• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident Of A Subaru Wrx Blue At The Kolpity Junction

charitha19

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go... the reason for the crash...? Both guys must've been watching the speedo instead of the road..!! :lol:

LOL...I know a guy who crashed doing exactly that

and another idiot I know crashed his cedia while admiring his cars reflection on the shop windows going down duplication road :lol:

Would he be in trouble over the legality of the car as well ? - regular 1500cc import with different engine no and higher cylinder capacity ?

i suppose the answer wd be yes - he will be charged and fined ---unless our 'esteemed' police force overlook it - bcos of incompetence or ... etc

was the 'legality' of conversion discussed earlier? can i have the thread pls?

if not - can i know the following -

a. is it possible to go to the RMV to amend the reg book? [in short -will they do it?]

b. is it an offence to convert - without informing RMV -- then wd the person who goes to the RMV fall into trouble?

c. does anyone know of the charges and also does the tax applies [for 2000cc cars] how much wd it be?

is there anything else i shd know before a conversion? ---- as i want to convert my car.

thanks in advance.

i was in a crash when my friend lost control of his fb15 at about 130kph i wasn't even scratched even though my other friends had minor to moderate injuries. the car spun several times and hit few minor obstacles before finally going head on against a building. if the impact was direct then we all would have died on the spot but since the car spun and met other obstacles on the way we all survived and in my case without any impact other than the thrill of being spun all acorss at high speed lol

i think on a bad day even a direct impact at 50kph is enough to kill the ones inside! on a good day i have seen a vdo of a 350z crashing at nearly 200mph and driver was unharmed.

a friend of mine was driving a cami through kurunegala in december i think.

doing 120kmh i heard.

lost balance due to a sharp turn to avoid a bus coming from the opposite direction

spun around, hit a tree feet above.

driver died on the spot.

guy on the passenger seat was paralysed (lower half)

two at the back got thrown out and were safe

Would he be in trouble over the legality of the car as well ? - regular 1500cc import with different engine no and higher cylinder capacity ?

before i sold i change the Engine Number/ Engine Capacity, weight, Tyre size etc, its a time wasting thing, but worthy of doing it

a. is it possible to go to the RMV to amend the reg book? [in short -will they do it?]

u have to go to RMV filled an application and submit a receipt of the Engine u purchase, then they ask to go to ( the place u go to do the DL test) there they check everything, weight, Tyre allow size, etc, even if they feel the tint is too dark they ask to remove is there, after one month ull get the book via register post

u have to go to RMV filled an application and submit a receipt of the Engine u purchase, then they ask to go to ( the place u go to do the DL test) there they check everything, weight, Tyre allow size, etc, even if they feel the tint is too dark they ask to remove is there, after one month ull get the book via register post

You have to pay any fee for this procedure? And after these procedures, you have to pay the luxury tax or some tax that is charged for 2000cc+ vehicles?

Thanx a lot for the reply.

i too wd like to know the procedure fee?/ also how much the 2000 + tax is? / and i assume there wd a increase of the revenue licence - how much is the R/L fee amount? - [aprox how much was it for u - GihanFX? - to get a rough idea]

but it is only 7 payments for cars with 19XX CC?

From the RMV website- [the chart cannot be copied properly] -

The link is :-

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/services.php#4

its actually 50k for over 2000cc petrol & 25 K for below 2000cc petrol [01st year - then small reductions]:(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appling for a Weight certificate of a Motor Vehicle

Luxury / Dual purpose / Semi Luxury Taxes

Appling for a Weight certificate of a Motor Vehicle

Request Letter

Completed CMT 130 Application

To change of Licensing authority or to change of other particulars in the certificate of Registration CMT 72 application has to be completed.

Certificate of Registration of Vehicle and a photocopy of IT.

Vehicle Revenue License and a photocopy

The receipt of the purchasing of new engine when replacing.

National Identity Card and a photocopy.

Edited by mirage7777

Hi Guys

Any way this a very sad news, but good luck that guy was lucky to save his life,so a good lessons to everyone

, i don't like to see any crashed vehicles, it feels sad for me even thought it is not mine always,i remember i also

was driving very fast in my after school age, only once i got crashed with a bus no harm to me but the vehicle, after that incident i am very careful, when time goes , you become families with kids and all you will become cool ..so you always worried about

family ..no more dangerous driving ..

thanks

Regards

sumith