• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

.... smaller dlsr's might get away but large lenses surely will attract attention. I was thinking of going with my 70-200 but that white lens attracts too much of attention :(

You could get a black cover for it? I was flirting with getting one, but then read that the white paint was supposed to be done up that way so as to minimize heat absorption: Sticking a black neoprene cover over the thing would pretty much negate that; but on the plus side it does make the lens look like a cheapo knock off which is great when toting it around in public and while on vacation...

So i saw an orange Gallardo doing some laps yesterday, does that mean they will race ? i sure hops so :sport-smiley-004:

The blue Diablo also made an appearance early into the evening, but I don't know if it did any laps. I missed the entire GT class, when I came out it was the bikes.

Ace

you have any idea what time the races will finish today? or at least what time we can leave the place if needed?

I'm in a bit of fix after scheduling a fishing trip early morning tomorrow. gotta be on the boat at 5.30am...

Got two invitations from CSN chaps for V*P spots near galadari. debating on going or not going :(

Ace

you have any idea what time the races will finish today? or at least what time we can leave the place if needed?

I'm in a bit of fix after scheduling a fishing trip early morning tomorrow. gotta be on the boat at 5.30am...

Got two invitations from CSN chaps for V*P spots near galadari. debating on going or not going :(

There's an itinerary on today's DN. There are a few 30 min and 20 min slots for opening of roads. according to that it will go on till 2 or 3am unsure.

Ace

Hmm I would say it will go atleast till 2AM. It wont be that easy to escape early from Galadari area.

MINIACE

Ace

Do these V*P places have seats by any chance? My feet are nearly shot after standing around for over 6 hours last night.

Edited by terrabytetango

There's an itinerary on today's DN. There are a few 30 min and 20 min slots for opening of roads. according to that it will go on till 2 or 3am unsure.

Which page? Cannot locate the same on the e-paper.

There are some vids already on you tube .. anyone saw the Porsche crash?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Amant2o

Do these V*P places have seats by any chance? My feet are nearly shot after standing around for over 6 hours last night.

I got tickets for the Intercon stands and they do hv seats.

final qualifying finished around 7 am today, unfortunate that they couldn't get the events to go by quicker, but the track is simply lovely to watch and hats off to those GT3 and GT4 Drivers, Dilantha came behind the safety car in his black Lambo and it was just a treat to watch, by the 2nd and 3rd laps he had left the other lambo and the porsche's by miles, unfortunately his wheel came off and he had to stop... the porsche that crashed was absolutely flying, that driver was driving to give all the spectators there one heck of a show, and the sounds were amazing, a real shame about his crash though and glad he's fine... anyway here's hoping for tonight to go by quicker, safer and more exciting :)..

IMO, events to watch out for,

SL-GT (Pasindu pole, Darin 2nd, Ashan Silva 3rd, Aravinda 4th)

SL-H (Dilan Seniviratne pole, Ashan silva 2nd, Sajaad 3rd)

The SL-H cars were simply spectacular as they ran first and the track was very dusty at the time..

The races are going to be telecasted live on CSN :)

Edited by virensti

yeasterday did they practice super cars?

i watched 2 races and came home.All cars are craps.even they didn't speed above 120kmph.only the sound.

Really, didn't know you had a speed gun with you, maybe you didn't see the very 1st cars that ran were the Honda 1600's and they were hitting a good 150-160 km/h, or the SL-GT cars which were hitting around 170-180? If you can say "all cars are craps" then you better have a Lambo or something spectacular...

Edited by virensti

Does anyone know how the Porsche crashed ? In one of the videos the road surface around the chicane looked like it was quite bumpy. Not ideal for the gt cars..

it was just past the slight bump after the 1st corner mate, the car on the previous laps was anyway getting abit of a fishtail after the crest, but that driver kept correcting and he kept going faster and 1 time the car just fishtailed too much and he couldn't correct it...

Colombo Night Race Itinerary for Today

6.15 pm - National Anthem

6.30 pm - Event No.01 : Motor Cycle - Group Standard 125 cc (2 Stroke) (06 laps)

6.50 pm - Event No.03 : Motor Car - One make -Nissan March (05 laps)

7.10 pm - Event No.04 : Motor Car - Laser/Mazda upto 1300 cc (05 laps)

7.30 pm - Event No.05 : Motor Car - One Make - Mini 7 (05 laps)

8.00 pm - 30 minutes break for opening of road

8.30 pm - Event No.02 : Motor Cycle - Group Super Motard up to 250 (08 laps)

8.50 pm - Event No. 06 : Motor Cycle - Group Std 125 cc (06 laps)

9.10 pm - Event No.17 : Motor Car - GT 4 Cars (10 laps)

9.40 pm - Event No.08 : Motor Car - Laser/Mazda 1500 cc (06 laps)

10.00 pm - Event No. 09: Motor Car - SL A cars up to 1050 cc (06 laps)

10.20 pm - 20 minutes break for opening of road

10.40 pm - Event No. 07 : Motor Cycle - Group Standard Four stroke 250cc (06 laps)

11.00 pm - Event No. 10: Motor Car Formula Mclarens (08 laps)

11.20 pm - Event No.11 : Motor Car VW Polo cup Cars R1 (10 laps)

11.50 pm - Event No.14 : Motor Car SL H 1600 cc (08 laps)

12 .10 am - 20 minutes break for opening of road

00.30 am - Event No.12 : Motor Cycle - Group Super motard 450 cc (06 Laps)

00.50 am - Event No. 13: Motor Cycle - Group Open over 250 cc (08 Laps)

01.10 am - Event No.11 : Motor Car VW Polo cup Cars R2 (10 laps)

01.40 am - Event No.15 : Motor Car Formula Ford (10 laps)

02.10 am - Event No.16 : Motor Car SL GT 10 laps

02.40 am - Event No.17 : Motor Car GT 4 Cars (10 laps)

The blue Diablo also made an appearance early into the evening, but I don't know if it did any laps. I missed the entire GT class, when I came out it was the bikes.

Heard Blue Diablo and one porsche met accidents

How long have you guys been on AL and following this thread??

STOP SAYING ASININE THINGS LIKE A DIABLO!!! Geezus!

I expect a lot better of you guys.

Edited by Pericles

How long have you guys been on AL and following this thread??

STOP SAYING ASININE THINGS LIKE A DIABLO!!! Geezus!

I expect a lot better of you guys.

Sorry, the next time I'll just say "that italian car with the raging bull logo".

17th pg 13 i think. sports weekly section first page

Thanks mate .. lot's of waiting built in to that itenary. Me being a very non-motorbike fan would find it kind of hard to stomach. :)

But a free ticket is a free ticket!! :D

And anyways I guess one could crash in at around 10.20 pm (when the roads are open) for the business end.

Edited by vishkid