• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

Guys can you please stop dissing peoples adverts on the forum? The ad revenue is what allows this site to run, and no one wants to advertise in a place where people are pointing them out and mocking them. Trading is a market process, the trade happens when, both parties, buyer AND seller agree on a price, but in the meantime, the quote can be anything.

Also, ppl don't sell their cars coz they have suddenly stopped working. If no one is buying your car at the price you wanna sell, you can keep using your car. Unless you need to get rid of it coz your migrating or something, you can still keep it and run it. In the second hand market, the buyer can quote taxes, market price, his opinion, anything he wants until he is blue in the face, but if the seller doesn't want to give at that price, then the buyer aint getting that car. Its really bloody simple.

So again, stop dissing the adverts. By all means, discuss what you think the prices should be for certain models, but stop dissing selected adverts.

Sir,

Very well said Mr. Pericles

Your comment is most welcome you had mentioned and reminded for the second time above said to all forum members.

Wijesinghe.

Hi guys,

Found these vehicles on *apanese*ehicles.*om

Axio - 12900 USD

VIOS - 16500 USD

Allion - 15000 USD

All prices are FOB and YOM is 2008

In SL, what will be the valuation and the final total after taxation, considering 1 USD = 114 Rs?

All the replies much appreciated

Axio is cheaper than a Vios?

I agree with you. That's one brutal article. L board are you sure it wasn't you who wrote that??? LOL

Thanks for the complements :D

But no. Not at all. But I think it was written by someone with similar abnormal thinking and expressing capability :D

If I knew him, I would have helped him to add more spice and glamour to it :D

Cheers ;)

I agree with you. That's one brutal article. L board are you sure it wasn't you who wrote that??? LOL

Yeah agreed :P

Saw this earlier at work and wanted to bring it up. Seriously the writer sounds not just cynical but aggressive towards anyone selling a car. Granted there are some ridiculous prices floating around but man this dude is acid...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=29125

If the offered price is correct, will there be anyone who still wants to buy a Vios for 2.7 Mn.? unless he returns from Angoda Mental Hospital :action-smiley-060:

If you like or dislike 2nd hand market will crash..

machang didn't Peri said not to diss AL ads since it's that revenue that keep this place going?

Seller wants 2.7 and that his price. If you or anybody don't want it...walk away without dissing the man!

It's his car and his money and his damn ad! who are you to pass judgment!

anyway its still few weeks after the tax reduction, even now we see a significant drop in the prices. So we can assume it to drop further. but the question is when will the market become stable and the prices settled? Any ideas?

Why most people in sri lanka put as used by a doctor, amusing, is he or she superman? if that's used in here people would say get f**k**ed! :angry-smiley-048::rolleyes:

My uncle next door is a doctor, both of us need to pass about 200m of road with pot holes, humps to get in to main road. My 1996 EK3 takes about 2 - 3 minutes to pass that and come to main road whilst my Doctor uncle's 2006 Brand new import Yaris takes only 30 seconds. So this car one day come to classifields with tagline "Doctor used" :action-smiley-060:

My uncle next door is a doctor, both of us need to pass about 200m of road with pot holes, humps to get in to main road. My 1996 EK3 takes about 2 - 3 minutes to pass that and come to main road whilst my Doctor uncle's 2006 Brand new import Yaris takes only 30 seconds. So this car one day come to classifields with tagline "Doctor used" :action-smiley-060:

:o:D

machang didn't Peri said not to diss AL ads since it's that revenue that keep this place going?

Seller wants 2.7 and that his price. If you or anybody don't want it...walk away without dissing the man!

It's his car and his money and his damn ad! who are you to pass judgment!

I think he wasn't ` dissing actually. It was kind of like a complement on the "Belta" ad.. :D What he meant was, if a Belta is advertised at 2.7 mil no one would buy a Vios for the same money anymore..!

:D:angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060:

I think he wasn't ` dissing actually. It was kind of like a complement on the "Belta" ad.. :D What he meant was, if a Belta is advertised at 2.7 mil no one would buy a Vios for the same money anymore..!

yes. Thats what I exactly wanted to point out. I didn't mean to diss anybody :unsure:

The belta comes in 1000cc and 1300cc. This 2.7 car might be a 1000cc which falls in to the 90% tax bracket. In that case i dont think it can be directly compared with a 1500cc vios IMHO

sorry to stear way from the hot topic at hand but anyone got fuel consumption figures for 1L and 1.3L belta? Won't the 1L be underpowered for a car that size?

sorry to stear way from the hot topic at hand but anyone got fuel consumption figures for 1L and 1.3L belta? Won't the 1L be underpowered for a car that size?

my uncle had one. he used a 1.5L N16 AT, 1.6L zoom zoom 323 AT immediately before. uncle said compared to his two previous cars he did not see too much of a difference. he used to live in this place where he has to take an extremely steep hill of about 200m everyday to hit the main road. i did the numbers but could not find anything to support his claim and when i approached him with the numbers he mentioned that belta has good low end torque + it's more modern cvt gear box makes a significant impact to cover up for lack of real grunt. but i think for a performance enthuciast it must be real painful experience to drive a 1L belta.

Edited by isurujosh

I wonder why there is not much reduction in prices of toyota carina, honda civic ES 01/ ES 08 or even Honda HRV....all are aprox 10 years old. :rolleyes:

because there are people who are still willing to buy those at the prices sellers are happy with.

If you owned one of them...would you be any different :P

because there are people who are still willing to buy those at the prices sellers are happy with.

If you owned one of them...would you be any different :P

Well I think Sellers quote the price they would actually like to get plus a margin for negotiation (and also to try whether they can strike any luck by finding one foolish buyer who is unaware of the tax cut). Buyers will only buy what they feel as the product for the right price. Right now the difference in the two is huge. When the new vehicles arrive, the price of these 10 year olds will naturally drop. It is a matter of time. Well the sellers can still quote 3.5M for a 10 year old 121 whereas the buyers will buy 141 for the same price. So dont worry about what the sellers quote. So the sellers who say they bought the 121 for 3.5M and will not sell it for anything less can take the vehicle with them to the grave yard while the buyers buy only what they see as the right price.

We must also understand that there are lots of sellers in the market who had stocks in hand and they will make desparate attempts to keep the prices up quoting various theories. No doubt this tax cut will make few sellers bankrupt. I saw few places around Nugegoda, Kohuwala, Pepiliyana with huge stocks of King Cabs. Will they be able to still sell them at 4.5+M when the proper 4 doors 4WD double cabs (recon) can be imported for less than 5M? So we must understand that some people were hit quite hard with the tax cut. Also the net worth of all the vehicle owners have just dropped. It is a fact that we must accept, but can't help it. So we just have to wait and let the market stabilize. Wait till the small timers bring vehicles to the market. Then lets see who will buy these 10 year olds for the same price.

Edited by L board