• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Camera At Nurburgring

fuzzo

Looking at the helmets and angle of the heads I'd say a bit more ;)

But look here :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GlpVUS9uLXU

Good music at least :D !!

that thing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quiet to be a Defender! :lol:

the second you mentioned Music, i knew there was now way it could be one! :D

Freelander judging by the dash - engine note isn't clear enough to identify if its a TD4 or an L series - must watch the whole video again quietly and see...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
that thing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quiet to be a Defender! :lol:

the second you mentioned Music, i knew there was now way it could be one! :D

Freelander judging by the dash - engine note isn't clear enough to identify if its a TD4 or an L series - must watch the whole video again quietly and see...

wonder what that would do with sabine at the wheel :P

if its around 9.30 i'm selling my rs

• 2 weeks later...

Faszination at the Nurburgring was the title of the video released by RuF the famed Porsche tuner after its CTR, better known as the "Yellow Bird" , blitzed the Nordschleife track many moons ago with test driver Stefan Roser at the wheel

car_photo_297072_25.jpg

car_photo_297075_25.jpg

[all in car footage]

...its safe to say that this is quite possibly one of the best/bravest/fanciest laps of the ring ever - just look at the way in which he lets the car slide around in the corners and then there are the lightning quick corrections to keep all 469 Horses in check! :o

That is some car & some piece of driving!

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/232...ellow-bird.html

Faszination at the Nurburgring was the title of the video released by RuF the famed Porsche tuner after its CTR, better known as the "Yellow Bird" , blitzed the Nordschleife track many moons ago with test driver Stefan Roser at the wheel

man this car is a legend...i have a huge poster of this...and i think the base poesche they used is THE prettiest 911 ever

fun fact - did you know that they named it yellow bird cos the sound from the blow-off valve reminded them of a bird chirping...

man this car is a legend...i have a huge poster of this...and i think the base poesche they used is THE prettiest 911 ever

fun fact - did you know that they named it yellow bird cos the sound from the blow-off valve reminded them of a bird chirping...

are you serious?? :blink:

adey you lean something new on AL everyday :)

are you serious?? :blink:

adey you lean something new on AL everyday :)

i think so...but i found on wiki today another naming story along with mine...maybe both are true

From - Wikipedia.com

The car received its nickname, "Yellowbird", during testing by Road & Track magazine, whose staffers noted the contrast created by its yellow paintwork against the overcast skies on the day of their photo shoot.....................................................The sound from the blow-off valve was also curiously close to the chirp of a canary, helping the name "yellowbird" stick.
Edited by HelRazor

[all in car footage]

...its safe to say that this is quite possibly one of the best/bravest/fanciest laps of the ring ever - just look at the way in which he lets the car slide around in the corners and then there are the lightning quick corrections to keep all 469 Horses in check! :o

That is some car & some piece of driving!

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/232...ellow-bird.html

Simply amazing in-car footage! :blink:

Simply amazing in-car footage! :blink:

i can't get over how brave/skilled this driver is!

i'm sure we've all watched out fair share of drivers attcking the Nurburgring , but have any of you'll seen any other driver drift around those cambered corners the way this guy does?!? :huh:

& the rate at which he makes corrections is just awe inspiring!

i doubt the Yellow Bird had any electronic aids and then there is the Porsche's layout - taking into account all that and how tricky old 911's were notoriously known for being, it truly is some pheonominal driving! :o

i can't get over how brave/skilled this driver is!

i'm sure we've all watched out fair share of drivers attcking the Nurburgring , but have any of you'll seen any other driver drift around those cambered corners the way this guy does?!? :huh:

& the rate at which he makes corrections is just awe inspiring!

i doubt the Yellow Bird had any electronic aids and then there is the Porsche's layout - taking into account all that and how tricky old 911's were notoriously known for being, it truly is some pheonominal driving! :o

Yeap its an inspiring run. So much fun to watch; I'm sure there are other runs just as crazy and brilliant as this one, but personally this is the most entertaining one I've seen to date. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

i'm a little late on this one but....

Radical SR8LM, New Nurburgring Record: 6:48

21st of August 2009 | 10:39 GMT | Daniel Patrascu

radical-sr8lm-new-nurburgring-record-648

As we told you yesterday, German manufacturer Gumpert, proudly announced their apollo sport set a new lap record on the Nurburgring Nordsschleife track, with a time of 7:11:57.

Today, it's time for that record to be contested, as British Radical now claim their SR8LM

trashed apollo's record, bringing it to 6:48, no less that 28 seconds faster than the German car! And the taunts continue...

Radical says the record was established after the car was driven from England to Germany (in case we doubted whether it is street legal). Once at the track, the car smashed the record while driven by Michael Vergers and overseen by German Sport Auto and UK's evo magazines.

“The car was great, I could push really hard and it felt clearly faster than the previous SR8 in 2005,” said Michael Vergers. “It’s fantastic that we’ve beaten the record; hopefully I’ll get an opportunity to return with Radical in the future.”

"I’m obviously delighted, the record has been a real team effort headed up by Phil Abbott and Rob Wheldon. Dunlop have supplied us with brilliant, hard-wearing trackday tyres, indeed we’ve only used one set to both drive to the ‘Ring, and set the record," Radical co-founder Mick Hyde added.

Yesterday, Gumpert said the conditions were good, yet not perfect and hinted the apollo may go for another record breaking run, with the goal set to finish in under 7 seconds. Radical, on the other hand, says the conditions were perfect. Could this mean apollo will go after Radical, again?

"We’ve proved that the SR8LM is not only the world’s best trackday car, but it’s also practical enough to drive to and from the circuit. It is a genuine production sportscar, with genuine performance credentials, as we’ve shown today,” Hyde concluded.

radical-sr8lm-new-nurburgring-record-648

Source : http://www.autoevolution.com/news/radical-...-648-10111.html

Edited by Devinda_Z

• 4 weeks later...
More details about the VERITAS RS III

is it just me or is that front end rather reminiscent of a new Z4 + Maserati Grand Turismo ? :unsure:

Veritas Speedster on sale

The Veritas RSIII Speedster supercar goes on sale; 0-62mph in 3.2sec and 215mph+

By Stephen Dobie 20th October 2009

car_photo_338761_25.jpg

The utterly nuts Veritas RSIII Speedster is now on sale.

We drove it last year, and found it to be rather good, and after a few styling tweaks and an engine transplant you can now land yourself one – so long as you can meet the asking price of around £300,000, that is.

car_photo_338758_25.jpg

The RSIII now uses the 5-litre V10 from the current BMW M5, ensuring a potent 500bhp is on tap, transferred to the rear wheels via a seven-speed sequential manual gearbox.

car_photo_338746_25.jpg

In a car that weighs just a tad over a ton, at 1080kg, that ensures a 470bhp power-to-weight ratio and hence some pretty lairy performance. The 0-62mph dash apparently takes 3.2sec while the top speed is rated as 215mph+. Although we can’t imagine such speed is entirely comfortable in the absence of a windscreen and roof…

car_photo_338755_25.jpg

The skinny weight is largely thanks to a light carbonfibre body and tubular frame structure, while the brakes are ceramic. As per usual with performance cars these days, there’s been extensive testing at the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife, with Veritas claiming a proper racing car experience.

car_photo_338752_25.jpg

Just 30 will be made, with each car taking 15 people around eight weeks to construct. The company claims eight sales so far, with plenty of interest to sell the other 22.

car_photo_338749_25.jpg

Of course, your £300K could also go towards the new Lexus LFA if you like your supercars to boast a roof and full compliment of windows…

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/243802/v...be071e40617aa96