• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Prelude Vtec [1992]

K3Z

I need advice on buying Honda Prelude 4th generation car.

How is the spare-part availability of Honda Prelude VTEC [1994] 2.2L engine cars?

Does these do at least 8km/l in Colombo traffic?

Any other things should I be concerned of?

BTW this will be a daily runner.

Edited by K3Z

I need advice on buying Honda Prelude 4th generation car.

How is the spare-part availability of Honda Prelude VTEC [1994] 2.2L engine cars?

Does these do at least 8km/l in Colombo traffic?

BTW this will be a daily runner.

Have you managed to find one? the preludes have always been ultra rare in SL, Have never actually seen an example of this generation here myself and only a handful of cars from the other generations (3 from the final generation, 2 of the 1st gen are what i've seen)...

Too bad really cos the 93' to 99 generation was my favourite of them all... Hope you have managed to track one down man.

As for concerns, Im guessing parts availability is going to be a bit of a worry because AFAIK that engine was not seen on any honda that was popular in SL so parts may not be plentiful. Body parts also will take some finding.

Have you managed to find one? the preludes have always been ultra rare in SL, Have never actually seen an example of this generation here myself and only a handful of cars from the other generations (3 from the final generation, 2 of the 1st gen are what i've seen)...

Too bad really cos the 93' to 99 generation was my favourite of them all... Hope you have managed to track one down man.

As for concerns, Im guessing parts availability is going to be a bit of a worry because AFAIK that engine was not seen on any honda that was popular in SL so parts may not be plentiful. Body parts also will take some finding.

Yeap :-)

I'm going to see her on this weekend.

There was one 4th gen Prelude that took part in a few local races in the early 2000s - A red/automatic Prelude raced in one Koggala Free Trading Zone against the standard Honda Civics of the Manapperuma duo. The driver was a Kasun someone (cant tell for sure, though). It was a much talked about car in that event; being a Prelude and an automatic.

Just saying, because there are not many Preludes around...

Edited by Silver

where exactly in ragama?

well when you turn toward ragama from the colombo-negombo road,and go about a mile past the navy camp it's usually parked beside some sort of a garage,I sort of see it everyday but never really stopped and inquired.

That car has been in that area for some time,I've been seeing it around that general area since it was for sale at kandana good 7 or 8 years back.

is it d black prelude in kandana it was 18- he asked me 6 lks for it its d bit odd body desigh mo like rz 1 style. thr was antonr in kelaniya too 18- all 91 preludes n thr is anothr blue one in minuwangoda ( 3001 or 301).with a shatterd windscreen its not tht rare mate hahah

well when you turn toward ragama from the colombo-negombo road,and go about a mile past the navy camp it's usually parked beside some sort of a garage,I sort of see it everyday but never really stopped and inquired.

That car has been in that area for some time,I've been seeing it around that general area since it was for sale at kandana good 7 or 8 years back.

are you sure its a prelude? becoz i saw a red two door Accord in a paint workshop in the same area yu are reffering to. i stay in ragama and i take that route everyday to work.

hmmm doesn't seem a little too low seeing as the older late 80's early 90's Integras had asking prices of close upon a Million or a smidge under? :unsure:

:huh:

Does seem a bit too good to be true huh? I'm very interested though..... Any one actually gone to check it out yet?

Or could this be the 1st SENSIBLE used car price since the reduction? :o

Edited by esdeez