• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Forum Updated !!!

MADZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing. I think everybody should be a bit more polite to others. Last week we saw some 'senior' members calling others retards etc. This is an open forum. People may raise any type of question here. Nobody has the right to insult the people who post here. Sadly, the AL forums have been a bit hostile, specially to newcomers, in the past few months.

You may never know, you may end up meeting some of the people you've been rude to on this forum, in real life, and the people you were hostile to may turn out to be nice people. So, it is always good to be polite to everyone.

Or perhaps the ones who are hostile may turn out to be nicer people too... :)

Great piece of work MADZ. Too many bells and whistles to digest .. still loitering around and trying out stuff. Hope this will be a new beginning of AL forums.

Kudos to you, Madz... however, on Linux the colors seem to be a bit off... is it general or is it just me?

It seems like the quoted text in the old content doesn't display too nicely (there's a heading of some description, but no clear indication where the quote ends; and no different background colour on the quote) although new quotes display fine...

If it's a change in markup code, maybe a "search and replace" on the database could fix things up?

It seems like the quoted text in the old content doesn't display too nicely (there's a heading of some description, but no clear indication where the quote ends; and no different background colour on the quote) although new quotes display fine...

If it's a change in markup code, maybe a "search and replace" on the database could fix things up?

havent had that issue yet (with new posts)...Buti too saw it in some old posts' quotes. I guess the tag close doesnt get saved/copied or something like that... but shouldnt be that big an issue for the future, i guess.

But I do miss the "View Recent Topic".. It used to give all the threads in order of the last post. Now it leads directly to the forum main page (which isnt as helpful as the former). Besides that everything else is A-OK! :)

Love the chat feature too...Had a brief chat with a few of the boys last night; nice!

Edited by Watchman

But I do miss the "View Recent Topic".. It used to give all the threads in order of the last post. Now it leads directly to the forum main page (which isnt as helpful as the former). Besides that everything else is A-OK! :)

There is that "View New Content" link next to the RSS icon. Works fairly well, tho not for old threads being pulled up again.

Wooooohooooo! Its is indeed good to be back!

Good work with the forum madz, awesome look though still getting the hang of the functionality.

And it appears that the fuel consumption thread that we managed to start has been lost in the shuffle... Damn, have to start over with that now!

looks as though certain "characters" are back in full form as well heh heh..

There is that "View New Content" link next to the RSS icon. Works fairly well, tho not for old threads being pulled up again.

That shows nothing more than 5-8 threads... I dont know how it decides on what the "new content" is, cos it shows some threads that I've already completely seen.

That shows nothing more than 5-8 threads... I dont know how it decides on what the "new content" is, cos it shows some threads that I've already completely seen.

Well the ones you haven't read gets a little icon next to it. And the thing might go into multiple pages if you miss some time on the forum. Gotta give it a chance and see :)

Well the ones you haven't read gets a little icon next to it. And the thing might go into multiple pages if you miss some time on the forum. Gotta give it a chance and see :)

Dude! been here long enough to know that part :P But that link should give only threads with unread posts right. Whereas the 'view recent topics' on the main-page used to give all the threads in time-order irrespective of if its been read or not.

Dude! been here long enough to know that part :P But that link should give only threads with unread posts right. Whereas the 'view recent topics' on the main-page used to give all the threads in time-order irrespective of if its been read or not.

Must be the name change :P

But even the old one worked more of less the same way. Would give me a set of recent posts with the unread ones marked with the icon, IIRC.

Must be the name change :P

But even the old one worked more of less the same way. Would give me a set of recent posts with the unread ones marked with the icon, IIRC.

hmmmm... but the "view recent posts" is greatly missed... it made looking back on recently discussed threads easier..

When I click on the red icon, I am getting the first post of the thread, not the last unread (e.g. with the Airtel internet thread).

Hopefully this is only a transition bug that will happen the first time I try to see unread posts for a particular thread.

It's definitely working as expected for the new threads (i.e. after upgrade)

small bug - am I the only one who get's this?

when replying to a thread, instead of taking me back to the thread (and showing the thread with my reply) it just goes to

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?

not really a big deal; but if you refresh to see if the page will load you end up with a double post...