• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Forum Updated !!!

MADZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

small bug - am I the only one who get's this?

when replying to a thread, instead of taking me back to the thread (and showing the thread with my reply) it just goes to

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?

not really a big deal; but if you refresh to see if the page will load you end up with a double post...

I get this too, maybe it's because the main site is down today probably for upgrading, and hopefully it'd get back to normal soon :) But I don't seem to get a DP error yet.

Az,

Well said sorry for my belated reply.

I find upgraded main page is up now.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

I don't see any upgraded main page. It looks the same, any updating must have been at the backend of it. That said, I think it really is time to update the look of the main page in terms of the news articles, pics etc. Those of us who come here just for the forum will not really notice these. The gallery section is still advertising pics from an event 5 years ago, and even the news articles are more than a year or two old. Why not update it with recent motor races, upcoming Gajaba supercross etc.

okay I have a small complain. I used to view this site with no problem via opera mini web browser. I guess many othr ppl too would be using opera, as it's the most popular browser for mobiles. The new look is rendered nicely in opera mini, except for the "quotes". There seem to be v.minor colour difference for quotes, but it can be hardly seen. This makes it quite difficult to read the posts... You guys might be able to do a tiny css change and fix this :)

okay I have a small complain. I used to view this site with no problem via opera mini web browser. I guess many othr ppl too would be using opera, as it's the most popular browser for mobiles. The new look is rendered nicely in opera mini, except for the "quotes". There seem to be v.minor colour difference for quotes, but it can be hardly seen. This makes it quite difficult to read the posts... You guys might be able to do a tiny css change and fix this :)

Hmm, well I too have used Opera Mini to view this but no such problem as the quotes being not green enough nah :o Can you see it properly with the PC? Try getting a screen shot and checking it out on your phone, maybe it's something to do with the display? :)

I don't see any upgraded main page. It looks the same, any updating must have been at the backend of it. That said, I think it really is time to update the look of the main page in terms of the news articles, pics etc. Those of us who come here just for the forum will not really notice these. The gallery section is still advertising pics from an event 5 years ago, and even the news articles are more than a year or two old. Why not update it with recent motor races, upcoming Gajaba supercross etc.

[/quote.

SeanD,

I do not agree with you totally the Auto Lanka was down for few days later there was a message.To indicate for upgrading new features was added it is due to hard work of Moderators.Must thank them for the great work done in few days.

I agree to your last few sentences As you are senior member in this forum I think you had posted your opinion which is very correct.I am on the forum only for few months I cannot say the history of the forum Let Moderators take your comment seriously and act accordingly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

SeanD,

I do not agree with you totally the Auto Lanka was down for few days later there was a message.To indicate for upgrading new features was added it is due to hard work of Moderators.Must thank them for the great work done in few days.

I agree to your last few sentences As you are senior member in this forum I think you had posted your opinion which is very correct.I am on the forum only for few months I cannot say the history of the forum Let Moderators take your comment seriously and act accordingly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I am not talking about the Forum and the moderators have nothing to do with the subject. They, or rather he is, here to >>>>MODERATE<<<< not make changes to the main page. Anyway I'm sure this change must also be in the pipeline.

Whenever I read your posts it reminds me of a quote attributed to Plato: "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Hmm, well I too have used Opera Mini to view this but no such problem as the quotes being not green enough nah :o Can you see it properly with the PC? Try getting a screen shot and checking it out on your phone, maybe it's something to do with the display? :)

you are correct :) . The "Quotes" are displayed in the latest opera mini without any problems. But I use opera mini 4.2.1 (coz it's light weight, fast and does a good job with rendering). For some reason the browser ignores the dark green borders. This results in only very light green text for quotes, and normal text in white... I guess I am in a unique situ here, only one using an old mobile browser ;). Since no one else complains, i guess most other browsers properly render the borders :). So I guess I can move to the latter version of the browser...

you are correct :) . The "Quotes" are displayed in the latest opera mini without any problems. But I use opera mini 4.2.1 (coz it's light weight, fast and does a good job with rendering). For some reason the browser ignores the dark green borders. This results in only very light green text for quotes, and normal text in white... I guess I am in a unique situ here, only one using an old mobile browser ;). Since no one else complains, i guess most other browsers properly render the borders :). So I guess I can move to the latter version of the browser...

i'll fix the Quotes issue...need to run a small script to convert all the posts....give me some time. should be fixed in day or two.