• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Leaky Boot

xax

Guys, my friend's vios's boot is now leaking after having to replace the boot lid due to an accident. He has been using the car with the leak unnoticed for a while and it has damaged the upholstry board covering the spare wheel.

We've got a 'tinker bass' to check the problem who took a couple of days to 'fix' it. but my friend has found the leak still persists. As there's no visible damage to the rubber beeing, could this be a disfigured body panel after the accident ?[car knocked off a wall badly which caused him to replace the lid].

apreciate thoughts on this. and also if you know a person you can fix this.

Cheers!

Guys, my friend's vios's boot is now leaking after having to replace the boot lid due to an accident. He has been using the car with the leak unnoticed for a while and it has damaged the upholstry board covering the spare wheel.

We've got a 'tinker bass' to check the problem who took a couple of days to 'fix' it. but my friend has found the leak still persists. As there's no visible damage to the rubber beeing, could this be a disfigured body panel after the accident ?[car knocked off a wall badly which caused him to replace the lid].

apreciate thoughts on this. and also if you know a person you can fix this.

Cheers!

if you can't see where the problem is....why not "simulate" rain with a garden hose or something and find out where the water is leaking in from.

It would be tough to fix if you can't isolate the problem

So I'm not too familiar about the vios but thought you should know about one problem I've run across in my days of working on cars. This may or may not apply to your one. Anyway on my mother-in-laws dodge neon there was a major water leak and for the life of me I could not figure out where it was comming from. Pulled every thing out including the carpet in the boot.

Anyway after more than a day trying to diagnose the problem I took out a pressure washer and sprayed water at all the gaps. Turned out the foam gasket that goes between the tail light and body was slightly rotted and leaking water through the access holes that are used to replace the bulbs without taking out the entire tail light.

I suggest you pull the carpeting back from the area directly behind the tail light and search for any signs of moisture. It there are cut-outs on the body to change your tail lights, it could be leaking from there.

Once again, the only thing I know about the vios is that it's a toyota but thought I should let you know anyway.

put one of your kids in the boot with a torch and do what what others said.

lol or a midget..on a serious note. check if the boot is sitting properly from all angles...there can be a minute disfigurement from the crash that you guys havent noticed. also check the beading running around when the boot closes for damages

Ya we thought of this but the boot is wet all these days for the rain so we wouldnt notice the moisture. another one suggested to mix some washing blue [hope u guys know this] with water and pour over the boot with someone with a flashlight inside. hoping to try one of these tomorrow.

thanks for the tip mate!

So I'm not too familiar about the vios but thought you should know about one problem I've run across in my days of working on cars. This may or may not apply to your one. Anyway on my mother-in-laws dodge neon there was a major water leak and for the life of me I could not figure out where it was comming from. Pulled every thing out including the carpet in the boot.

Anyway after more than a day trying to diagnose the problem I took out a pressure washer and sprayed water at all the gaps. Turned out the foam gasket that goes between the tail light and body was slightly rotted and leaking water through the access holes that are used to replace the bulbs without taking out the entire tail light.

I suggest you pull the carpeting back from the area directly behind the tail light and search for any signs of moisture. It there are cut-outs on the body to change your tail lights, it could be leaking from there.

Once again, the only thing I know about the vios is that it's a toyota but thought I should let you know anyway.

very true mate, this is exactly what we suspect too. cos we see a slight stain [caused by water dripping down] from the tail light housing. but what i cannot figure out is can there be that much of water coming through that? thanks for the advise!

very true mate, this is exactly what we suspect too. cos we see a slight stain [caused by water dripping down] from the tail light housing. but what i cannot figure out is can there be that much of water coming through that? thanks for the advise!

You'd be suprised how much water could leak though the tail light area. The car I worked on had its spare tire well flooded and the water came up to the front seats.