• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

52 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Has to be a stylish Italian company now owned by a big group that incorporates so many brands from across the globe. The brand is very popular amongst the rally fans. The model derives from the 20th letter of the Greek alphabet.

Jesus, you are in the right direction.

• Haha 1

FYI..as @Gummybr stated that is a Lancia Ypsilon.

They tried to incorporate the Chrysler grill of the period and to me the whole thing looks like a large-nosed ogre from a kid's story book. The thing had what was called Magic Park, which was an automatic parking system. They made such a huge deal about it at the time. Funnily this was available in Japanese cars well before the Ypsilon but they marketed it like it was something commpletely new. 

I believe this particular generation is based on the Fiat 500/Panda (?). I remember reading (at the time) that Chrysler/Fiat had dumped in like tons of money (nearly a billion dollars or something) and yet THIS is what they came up with !?

1 hour ago, iRage said:

I believe this particular generation is based on the Fiat 500/Panda (?). I remember reading (at the time) that Chrysler/Fiat had dumped in like tons of money (nearly a billion dollars or something) and yet THIS is what they came up with !?

How they fell from the Stratos, the Delta (intergale) and the other models from the Greek alphabet (Thema, Beta). For me its unique but doesnt have that style of the older models.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

How they fell from the Stratos, the Delta (intergale) and the other models from the Greek alphabet (Thema, Beta). For me its unique but doesnt have that style of the older models.

Exactly ! Simply doesn't. It looks like the automotive equivalent of a quilt. They took different parts and design queues of several things and tied it altogether.

• Like 1

You guys are car legends!

The car is a Chrysler Ypsilon

After I have noticed the car, I have followed the car for a few K’s to find the wired looking model.

IMG_5159.jpeg

Edited by john cooper

9 hours ago, Gummybr said:

@iRage why dont you go ahead and post since you gave the name.

No...Gummy did :) but ok...this is quite easy. The spoiler itself (rare as hen's teeth and retrofitted to one in SL) should give it away.

image.png.34ab60512c7842ef9ba8f1035f3ee1f1.png

On 7/15/2024 at 4:47 AM, john cooper said:

You guys are car legends!

The car is a Chrysler Ypsilon

After I have noticed the car, I have followed the car for a few K’s to find the wired looking model.

IMG_5159.jpeg

See what I mean ? This car looks like the offspring of a night of pleasure between a PT Cruiser, Voyager, Fiat 500 and a Panda

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, iRage said:

No...Gummy did :) but ok...this is quite easy. The spoiler itself (rare as hen's teeth and retrofitted to one in SL) should give it away.

image.png.34ab60512c7842ef9ba8f1035f3ee1f1.png

looks like the rear end of a GTI version. Not sure we have any proper GTI's of this in SL. Majority are running on 325- plates with Toyota diesel engines. 

9 hours ago, matroska said:

looks like the rear end of a GTI version. Not sure we have any proper GTI's of this in SL.

Not aware of a GTi, but a few years ago I did have to carry in some wheels and rear spoiler for a restoration project :)

Yes. Sadly, most have been converted, and by some grace of god, several of the remaining non-conversions are in good hands, and one (or two) is in pristine condition.

So does @matroska want to take the turn or are we going to wait another 24 hours to see if someone else answers with the actual name/model ?

17 hours ago, iRage said:

So does @matroska want to take the turn or are we going to wait another 24 hours to see if someone else answers with the actual name/model ?

Yeah it's been 18 hours and I don't expect anyone to come up with the answer. 

It's a Peugeot 505 GTI. 

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes. Sadly, most have been converted

There's a Diesel convert with a 3C Turbo up for sale on the classifieds having the Gti spoiler and the same garnish. If i'm not mistaken I saw the same car in a car sale around Kadawatha 3 years ago - it seemed to be a properly done conversion and the car was fairly unmolested. 

image.thumb.png.de12a68afc73c1c35feb79fbb4192554.png

...and on that note let's move on to the next one which should be quite easy. 

image.png.9bdc7065647560398a29d75d576f65c2.png

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:35 AM, Gummybr said:

Looks like a Cortina Mk3 but the deletion of the B pillar makes me think.

Let's reveal a bit more 

As opposed to the Cortina, this was born across the pond and named after an animal. 

image.png.bf5edffaf618b3f4ab8ec54c6177572d.png

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Let's reveal a bit more 

As opposed to the Cortina, this was born across the pond and named after an animal. 

image.png.bf5edffaf618b3f4ab8ec54c6177572d.png

Hmm...looks like a Chevy Impala Hardtop Sedan...I think it is the 3rd gen ? so late 60s...

21 hours ago, iRage said:

Hmm...looks like a Chevy Impala Hardtop Sedan...I think it is the 3rd gen ? so late 60s...

Correct. 

image.png.007bfe6604f70fc543f052c6adeb709e.png

I think this hardtop variant  was called the 'Sports Sedan' while two-door variant was called the Sports Coupe.

image.png.3956b83309a1729b5826cf29e905bf3e.png

Your turn! 

20 hours ago, iRage said:

image.png.7f81c3ddb70be673aa1503eb4eb08deb.png

Here you go...one of those oddities that could be anything one wanted it to be :)

It seems a big cat with an identity crisis. 

• Haha 1

So it's been a couple of days. This looks like an Isuzu Panther - something between a SUV and a MPV. 

image.png.1e6d744a242553367e81dad716de5094.png

On 7/23/2024 at 1:58 PM, iRage said:

image.png.7f81c3ddb70be673aa1503eb4eb08deb.png

Here you go...one of those oddities that could be anything one wanted it to be :)

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

So it's been a couple of days. This looks like an Isuzu Panther - something between a SUV and a MPV. 

Yes it is an Isuzu Panther. Was waiting to see if anyone would actually give out the name after your huge hint :)

Over to you I suppose :)

On 7/25/2024 at 2:40 PM, matroska said:

If I am not mistaken they produced only a 2WD variant.

Honestly speaking one of my mates bought one back in the early 2000s without realizing it was 2WD.

I think the sales guy knew it was not 4WD and let my mate dress up.

Kept it for a few years and sold it he hasn't made a loss though, thanks to the Island car market.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, john cooper said:

If I am not mistaken they produced only a 2WD variant.

Honestly speaking one of my mates bought one back in the early 2000s without realizing it was 2WD.

I think the sales guy knew it was not 4WD and let my mate dress up.

Kept it for a few years and sold it he hasn't made a loss though, thanks to the Island car market.

Yes...it was Isuzu's response to the Kijang. It was 2WD and available in truck, van, wagon configurations. Some markets did get 4WD versions with the drive train out of the Isuzu pickup truck. However I don't think it was something Isuzu themselves offered but something one of their external coach-builders offered.

• Like 1

Guys, can I take a turn??

Found this sweet fruit and thought of testing this here.

The vehicle is from one of the Famous manufacturers and they were famous for producing budget friendly cars but the majority of them had quality issues big time and hardly any of them were on the road. lol 

IMG_5226.png

3 hours ago, john cooper said:

Guys, can I take a turn??

Found this sweet fruit and thought of testing this here.

The vehicle is from one of the Famous manufacturers and they were famous for producing budget friendly cars but the majority of them had quality issues big time and hardly any of them were on the road. lol 

IMG_5226.png

going by the quirky design my initial guess was Citroen or Renault  - but i cannot think of a Citroen that looks like this. The Renault Scenic immediately came to mind but of course it does not look like this at all :D