• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then here you go, if you are a fan of back to the future will get this.

Triv01.jpg

this looks like made with Creative Technologie. I don't exactly recall it being in back to the future though. 

1 hour ago, matroska said:

this looks like made with Creative Technologie. I don't exactly recall it being in back to the future though. 

Have you seen the flying taxi car of the future? It was what the 2000's were supposed to be with flying cars. 

19 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Have you seen the flying taxi car of the future? It was what the 2000's were supposed to be with flying cars. 

ah yes now I remember! 

On 8/18/2024 at 7:33 AM, john cooper said:

Here is the challenge.
 If you look carefully I have left a clue about which country the car originated from.

IMG_5262.png

Anyone ? Someone ?
It is another iconic car from the bottle cap maker. A true gift of automotive art to the world.
image.thumb.png.cb34fc6d6e3fd13d102a64d402152d79.png

I didn't know we had any of these in SL or are you just putting out an iconic car for quizzing?

On 8/18/2024 at 4:03 AM, john cooper said:

Here is the challenge.
 If you look carefully I have left a clue about which country the car originated from.

IMG_5262.png

One of the nicest looking cars to come from the land of the rising sun. To the cosmos and beyond.

• Like 1

Ok then here goes, I know of one example of this in Sri Lanka and recently there was a video of it circulating on social media on a page dedicated for car spotting. It was imported way back in 2011/12 period I think. The original owner was the son of a famous distillery owner.

This model was made for homologation purposes, but was very successful. 

triv 01.jpg

Ok then here goes, I know of one example of this in Sri Lanka and recently there was a video of it circulating on social media on a page dedicated for car spotting. It was imported way back in 2011/12 period I think. The original owner was the son of a famous distillery owner.

This model was made for homologation purposes, but was very successful. 

triv 01.jpg

Citreon DS3...that B-pillar area is unmistakable :)

I believe the local one is white? Unless there is more than one. The white one was for sale at BRJW way back then. A UK import I believe it was. At one point in time, it was owned and dragged (at the races) by a guy whose initials are DS :)

But the clues just gives it away :)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Citreon DS3...that B-pillar area is unmistakable :)

I believe the local one is white? Unless there is more than one. The white one was for sale at BRJW way back then. A UK import I believe it was. At one point in time, it was owned and dragged (at the races) by a guy whose initials are DS :)

But the clues just gives it away :)

Spot on, I had the contrast roof in the specific colour so that anyone will pick up the fact that it is not your average DS3 but the DS3 racing. Yes the local one is white and the first owner of the vehicle was one of the sons of Rockland. No idea where it is now. It was a manual if I remember correctly. 

The successor to the Xsara and the C4 which bought Loeb his last WRC crown.

DS3-Racing-2010_026.jpg

Okay...I believe it is my turn. Let's make it a bit more interesting and challenging (as we seem to have exhausted almost all of the known nice models and are either resorting to repeat posting, posting Chinese crossbred EVs or going off shore).

There are two parts to the question.

1. The car below is obvious. Therefore, I want you to be VERY specific about what the car is (model, generation, variant, down to the package).
  2. One is the legit factory spec variant, and the other is off-factory spec and is most likely a different variant dressed up to look like the real deal (additional photos of the car suggest that it is just a dress up). Which one is the legit factory spec car (only the nerdy would be able to tell why)?

A:

image.png.fc13870ff1dc31a257bb3edce98f6255.png

B:

image.png.5f8f0cc78cc229beb47dbbdc5466078e.png

Edited by iRage

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Okay...I believe it is my turn. Let's make it a bit more interesting and challenging (as we seem to have exhausted almost all of the known nice models and are either resorting to repeat posting, posting Chinese crossbred EVs or going off shore).

There are two parts to the question.

1. The car below is obvious. Therefore, I want you to be VERY specific about what the car is (model, generation, variant, down to the package).
  2. One is the legit factory spec variant, and the other is off-factory spec and is most likely a different variant dressed up to look like the real deal (additional photos of the car suggest that it is just a dress up). Which one is the legit factory spec car (only the nerdy would be able to tell why)?

A:

image.png.fc13870ff1dc31a257bb3edce98f6255.png

B:

image.png.5f8f0cc78cc229beb47dbbdc5466078e.png

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makkinen Edition?

Is B the factory spec variant? I'm not exactly sure about this, but the black door handles (& side mirror shape?) seem to match the pics which came up when I searched the name up.

12 minutes ago, Duan27 said:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makkinen Edition

Well..80% there :) The rest would be ? Without it answer to part 2 will not really make sense

Edited by iRage

I am not a Evo geek, but from what I see pic A is the correct one. Reason being it has the Brembo brakes, and according to the spec the door mirrors and door handles are body coloured. Also on the second picture the rear spoiler seems to be incorrect, where the TME had an adjustable rear wing. You had me on the front as many pictures show different front ends then I found out that the left and right side have a different design on the front bumper (asymmetric).

The TME edition was more like an Evo 6.5 ( a better version ) and only the GSR version from Japan came with the Passion Red paintwork, 17" alloys, Brembo brakes and the luxury items like climate control AC etc etc. The RS didnt have any of that and was like a ready to rally car with 15" alloys and all.

• Like 1

I am not a Evo geek, but from what I see pic A is the correct one. Reason being it has the Brembo brakes, and according to the spec the door mirrors and door handles are body coloured. Also on the second picture the rear spoiler seems to be incorrect, where the TME had an adjustable rear wing. You had me on the front as many pictures show different front ends then I found out that the left and right side have a different design on the front bumper (asymmetric).

The TME edition was more like an Evo 6.5 ( a better version ) and only the GSR version from Japan came with the Passion Red paintwork, 17" alloys, Brembo brakes and the luxury items like climate control AC etc etc. The RS didnt have any of that and was like a ready to rally car with 15" alloys and all.

Almost but not quite. I'll give it a few more rounds before revealing the answer :)

On 8/27/2024 at 2:52 AM, Duan27 said:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makkinen Edition?

On 8/27/2024 at 3:57 PM, Gummybr said:

The TME edition was more like an Evo 6.5 ( a better version ) and only the GSR version

Okay...answer time I suppose

1. Lancer Evolution VI GSR Special Color Package

The Special Color Package is important as that is what sets a part A from B and actually the OG coveted variant

2. B

B has the Brembo calipers but the color is worn out :)

Since @Duan27 got the most correct answers to both parts, can we have him post the next quiz?

Read on if you want a boring lecture on the TME :)

So, the Evo VI TME.

The TME came in GSR and RS variants. The GSR was the road-spec version, and the RS was the race-ready stripped-down variant. The two were mechanically more or less the same apart from some differences in suspension setup.

The TME GSR, RS and the standard GSR and RS all did come with the adjustable rear wing. In some grades it was standard and in others (specifically the RSs) they were standard installed options that could be taken off. The carbon upper blade of the rear spoiler was an option across all the grades (costed 154,600yen).

Passion Red was also available across the TME GSR range (even outside of Japan). However, officially, if one wanted the rally decals, they had to get the Special Color Package which was offered only in Passion Red.

Now going back to the TME GSR, RS and the Special Color Package.

The GSR came with body-colored side mirrors and door handles and black window frames and B-pillar.

The RS came with black door mirrors, door handles and black window frames and B-pillars. The RS was offered only in white.

Both the RS and GSR had clear front indicator lamps.

The GSR Special Color Package was a bit of a Frankenstein...

It was offered ONLY in Passion Red. It came with black door handles and body-colored door mirrors, window frames, and B-pillars. Amber front indicators and had the reflector garnish on the trunk lid (like in the Evo V - the GSR and RS did not have the reflecting garnish). Again, if one wanted the rally decals, the Special Color Package was the only way to get it. Granted, these decals could be ordered as separate parts from the dealer, which is what many owners of various colored TMEs did. TBH I find the decals to look nicer on the silver and the blue.

The exports didn't have the Special Color Package and just had the GSR and RS. However the accessories of the package could be spec'd out (to a certain extent) 

Now....comparing the two pictures, B would be the actual Evo VI GSR Special Color Package.

Edited by iRage