• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

14 hours ago, iRage said:

The GSR Special Color Package was a bit of a Frankenstein...

It was offered ONLY in Passion Red. It came with black door handles and body-colored door mirrors, window frames, and B-pillars. Amber front indicators and had the reflector garnish on the trunk lid (like in the Evo V - the GSR and RS did not have the reflecting garnish). Again, if one wanted the rally decals, the Special Color Package was the only way to get it. Granted, these decals could be ordered as separate parts from the dealer, which is what many owners of various colored TMEs did. TBH I find the decals to look nicer on the silver and the blue.

So this is where we all go wrong. Honestly speaking the black door handles are not that of thing to do on a conversion I would say. Why would someone not do that after putting all effort into dressing up them?

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Why would someone not do that after putting all effort into dressing up them?

Parts for cars of this era are actually quite hard to find in Japan. So that could be one reason.

9 minutes ago, iRage said:

As overheard by my kids...that is an "I'll f@rt". Toyota...Toyota I'll f@rt.

Yep, I’ve come across that comment on another post of yours on the forums 😂

I guess that was a bit too easy for y’all. 😅 Personally haven’t seen this particular generation around in SL, but apparently there’s one here according to pics on the internet. 

The next turn is yours @iRage!

3 minutes ago, Duan27 said:

Personally haven’t seen this particular generation around in SL, but apparently there’s one here according to pics on the internet

Yes..there is a white one. It is a common sight around Kolpetty, Hybe Park, Galle Face. 

Had a very "quizzy" one prepared but cannot find it...so here is an alternative...the only car originally brought down to Asia (two were apparently imported to Japan much more recently). The picture is how the car was purchased by the individual who started restoring it. Additional hints: It is British. It has an Austin engine. (there is literally no way Google cannot tell you what this car is with all this).

image.png.4eb7432dffeea1f6203d4280869be89c.png

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes..there is a white one. It is a common sight around Kolpetty, Hybe Park, Galle Face. 

Had a very "quizzy" one prepared but cannot find it...so here is an alternative...the only car originally brought down to Asia (two were apparently imported to Japan much more recently). The picture is how the car was purchased by the individual who started restoring it. Additional hints: It is British. It has an Austin engine. (there is literally no way Google cannot tell you what this car is with all this).

image.png.4eb7432dffeea1f6203d4280869be89c.png

This was not a mass market vehicle, they just took an Austin A35 and built a lightweight body (fibre glass was it)on it. This particular vehicle had raced at Katukurunda in the 1950s and there is a big write up on this car on a website with name of the first owners family name. This includes a pic of the car being handed over to him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iRage said:

...quite an interesting back story isn't it ? Heartbreaking to see where our car culture has gone to.

Over to you

Yes interesting story, but that was the time people used to drive vehicles overland to Sri Lanka.

Ok the next one, this picture I thought of posting since I saw one in the night / evening and it gave me the idea that it will be a good trivia. I can say that there are a few vehicles running in Sri Lanka and you will find a few up for sale on classifieds.

Triv01.jpg

22 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Yes interesting story, but that was the time people used to drive vehicles overland to Sri Lanka.

Ok the next one, this picture I thought of posting since I saw one in the night / evening and it gave me the idea that it will be a good trivia. I can say that there are a few vehicles running in Sri Lanka and you will find a few up for sale on classifieds.

Triv01.jpg

VW I.D. 4? Have seen quite a number around personally. Saw an I.D. 5 too at some point iirc

37 minutes ago, john cooper said:

Since Duan27 hasn't taken the floor, I hope you guys won't mind posting below!

One of the most famous Taxi car

IMG_5385.jpeg

Really sorry about the delay 😅 Got caught up with some stuff and couldn’t find a proper car in time. Will try to maintain a collection of pics for possible future posts from now on, ig that will save lots more time in the long run.

As for the car in question, is it a Perodua Bezza?

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2024 at 5:29 PM, Duan27 said:

Really sorry about the delay 😅 Got caught up with some stuff and couldn’t find a proper car in time. Will try to maintain a collection of pics for possible future posts from now on, ig that will save lots more time in the long run.

As for the car in question, is it a Perodua Bezza?

It is the Bezza 🫡

IMG_5395.jpeg

7 hours ago, iRage said:

The name always reminds me of Jeremy C. If you stare at it long and hard enough it even looks like him :D 

Oh my god now I cant unsee it. Well as all things good comes to an end Grand Tour that we know with the three ex Topgear hosts ends after tomorrow. Amazon says they will continue with new presenters.

17 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Topgear hosts ends after tomorrow. Amazon says they will continue with new presenters.

What the BBC and now Amazon don't seem to get is..it is the team dynamic and synergy that makes it special. Not just three guys doing stupid **** with cars. Kind of like Seinfeld or FRIENDS. The sitcoms worked because the group dynamic was special.