• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Leather Seats Maintenance

ModX

Hey Folks,

Could you guys give me some tips and advices to maintain a leather interior(Specially Seats) of a vehicle in a tropical country, such as Sri Lanka. Because I've seen vehicles with milled and bruised seats. Is it due to the climate or do they get milled as they go along. I'm new to Leather seats and Please bear with me and appreciate your kind response.

Edited by ModX

Avoid parking in the sunlight for extended periods,infact it is better if you don't park in the sunlight at all.Try not to get any sweat stains on it or it will develop a very foul odor.Use a leather care spray once a fortnight,all the major manufacturers have them,I use Wurth's leather protector spray.

• Like 1

Avoid Sun as much as possible.

Tint Windows and also if possible do a Crystalline tint for front Windshield.

However most important thing is moisturizing and nourishing the leather.

Without any tint, I have used a leather seat car for few years. After those years of parking in sun for even long hours the leather interior was immaculate.

The task is disciplined to apply to a moisturizer and a cleanser at least once a week. Which I did every week end. You can find good brands as Turtle, Wurth, Simonize or Armorall

• Like 1

Avoid Sun as much as possible.

Tint Windows and also if possible do a Crystalline tint for front Windshield.

However most important thing is moisturizing and nourishing the leather.

Without any tint, I have used a leather seat car for few years. After those years of parking in sun for even long hours the leather interior was immaculate.

The task is disciplined to apply to a moisturizer and a cleanser at least once a week. Which I did every week end. You can find good brands as Turtle, Wurth, Simonize or Armorall

Matchan, can u pls tell me from where u got those moisturizer and a cleanser brands? And their prices if possible :)

Matchan, can u pls tell me from where u got those moisturizer and a cleanser brands? And their prices if possible :)

I got from Keels Kolpity, Arpico Hyde park and there is also this small joint near a Nuga tree in park street. There are few joints in Kompnnaveediya. Wurth lanka is in Nugegoda. Usually the price is around 800 and it last for four to six months...........

Hope this helps, and I assure you that if you treat properly the Leather seats are the easiest to maintain.

I got from Keels Kolpity, Arpico Hyde park and there is also this small joint near a Nuga tree in park street. There are few joints in Kompnnaveediya. Wurth lanka is in Nugegoda. Usually the price is around 800 and it last for four to six months...........

Hope this helps, and I assure you that if you treat properly the Leather seats are the easiest to maintain.

Tnx dude. Time to rub some leather :D :D :angry-smiley-048:

• 9 years later...

Came across this thread :)
Kinda gems I stumble across after all these years.

Any leather care products someone tried recently?
Chemical Guys leather care products don't seem to be available around here. (If you know a place let me know please) 

Any other recommendations?

@zanzibar CG is available in Sri Lanka <https://tsemachglobal.com/>

Call Ayesh up, the location is on the site.

Some might find that certain brands work better for them. For me however its a mix. I use CG for all the interior parts, exterior plastic & engine bay. Leather and exterior paint would be Meguiar's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muditha420 said:

@zanzibar CG is available in Sri Lanka <https://tsemachglobal.com/>

Call Ayesh up, the location is on the site.

Some might find that certain brands work better for them. For me however its a mix. I use CG for all the interior parts, exterior plastic & engine bay. Leather and exterior paint would be Meguiar's.

Interestingly it is the other way around for me :) I love the Meguiar's natural look interior cleaners whilst CG has gotten me hooked on the exterior stuff (butter way and quick detail spray). From Meguiars exterior stuff I moved to Autoglym then went to Soft99 Fusso stuff and then to CG. Although for trim polishes/restorers I still prefer the Autoglym trim gel. Being a gel it is a pain to apply on mesh grills and stuff and it lasts only for about a month..but when it lasts...it does give a nice new look to faded exterior plastics and such

• Like 2

Haha like I said it depends on what works for you. I tried so many brands when I had the Legacy had a box full of stuff. Finally narrowed everything down. its mainly CG & Meg now but even that's not used much now due to a ceramic coating these guys applied when I got the Fozzy.