• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spontaneous Combustion - Tata Nano

matroska

oh.. why what happen to the car?? suddenly got fired..

i heard Toyota prius hybrid also got fired its true?

'irshadi2',

On your post you say that you heard Toyota Hybrid caught fire I inquired few insurance companies there is nothing reported to them so far Can you give some details of that car from the person who told you.

I read some time back Toyota Hybrid converted to charge and run in USA there was a fire, in Srilanka so for not heard.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

hm...according to that news report...the car caught fire while being started. so must be a major design fault!

it's shocking why they can't seem to fix something like that at design stage itself before releasing the car to end users....

'Ripper',

Very good proposal from you.Next best thing the agents of Nano should fix a Auto fire extinguisher in front seat and rear seat so that people who are traveling can use in case of fire and give a demonstration.All Japanese buses have them.

Please Note I am not joking Like before an Aircraft take over the lesson how to use oxygen masks,in this developing country every citizen should be educated for emergency which will come across.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You are serious?

People should feel compelled to carry a fire extinguisher on both rows of seats? How about people not buy a car that has an imminent risk of going up in flames?

You are insane.

Thanks matroska for sharing the video.

It looks like its not overheating related, a mishap during startup according to the news item.unsure.gif

MINIACE

mini, start up fire hazards were limited to air craft, I thought.... :)

Either way, this will not make a dent in the SL sales... :)

'Ripper',

Very good proposal from you.Next best thing the agents of Nano should fix a Auto fire extinguisher in front seat and rear seat so that people who are traveling can use in case of fire and give a demonstration.All Japanese buses have them.

Please Note I am not joking Like before an Aircraft take over the lesson how to use oxygen masks,in this developing country every citizen should be educated for emergency which will come across.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

We are not talking about buses or aircraft. If this automobile is so poorly engineered that is just keeps catching fire, it should be banned from the roads but some sort of consumer protection agency, not equipped with bloody extinguishers! The only time a passenger should be expected to use a fire extinguisher in a car is if the thing crashes and causes catastrophic failures of safeguards designed to prevent fire.

And we have been discussing fires in Nanos in THIS FORUM since June, so your emails don't impress anyone.

Edited by Pericles

In india it is advertised as an alternative to the motor bicycle

And in Sri Lanka it is used for taxis instead of 3 wheelers

IMO 1 fire (no injuries) dosen't mean much considering the open chassis 3 wheelers that cause a lot of fatal accidents.

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 1

IMO 1 fire (no injuries) dosen't mean much considering the open chassis 3 wheelers that cause a lot of fatal accidents.

retard

Talking on Taxi terms:

toyota sucks, let me ask you.

Would you take your family in a Three wheeler

or a car that may catch on fire any minute out of no where?

dude whatever it replaces. the nano is a Stupid car.

with a stupid price tag in SL.

It was a Saturday night.. time was around 11pm. I was driving on the Dehiwala flyover with my pregnant wife inside the car.. when we were reaching the top of the flyover, some idiot came honking and flashing his heads from behind like he was going somewhere he should have gone the day before.. i was blind sighted for a moment because of his flashing heads.. this moron overtook me right at the top of the flyover. Just then a Montero appeared from the opposite side and obviously this idiot, didn't had enough space on the road and he cut back in to my side. I was helpless and had to floor on my brakes and cut away towards the edge of the bridge to avoid a collision. somehow we were lucky enough to escape that near collision. Guess who was it? it was a Nano Bu**et taxi..

Just then i thought, Oh lord, please burn one of these as in hell before this becomes a menace... And finally, yes finally, the Lord has heard my call. :angry-smiley-048:

• Like 2

Members,

After reading Honorable MasterDon'S post

Alright Don, spill the beans... How much did you pay him :angry-smiley-048:

'Ripper',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Tall glass of water before every trip?

Edited by Mani

It was a Saturday night.. time was around 11pm. I was driving on the Dehiwala flyover with my pregnant wife inside the car.. when we were reaching the top of the flyover, some idiot came honking and flashing his heads from behind like he was going somewhere he should have gone the day before.. i was blind sighted for a moment because of his flashing heads.. this moron overtook me right at the top of the flyover. Just then a Montero appeared from the opposite side and obviously this idiot, didn't had enough space on the road and he cut back in to my side. I was helpless and had to floor on my brakes and cut away towards the edge of the bridge to avoid a collision. somehow we were lucky enough to escape that near collision. Guess who was it? it was a Nano Bu**et taxi..

Just then i thought, Oh lord, please burn one of these as in hell before this becomes a menace... And finally, yes finally, the Lord has heard my call. :angry-smiley-048:

Wadurata dali pihiya hambuna waga kiyanawane.

When these buggers get 4 wheels they really think that they could do these fast n the furious stunts.

• Like 3