• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Ebay Gadgets For Cars

cha

Bought this cheap OBD scanner. Very small, can be turned off and connects via bluetooth. (And also works with the awesome Torque Android App)

k877-10-abac.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111113180377?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Torque20Application.jpeg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

This is awesome. Couple of questions if you could provide some info on.

1. Does this require an additional cable to connect to the OBD2 port? Or is it plug and play?

2. How is it powered? Is it battery operated?

Do you know any consequence of having a device constantly connected to OBD2 port and running the car has some ill effect?

1. Does this require an additional cable to connect to the OBD2 port? Or is it plug and play?

Do you know any consequence of having a device constantly connected to OBD2 port and running the car has some ill effect?

There are devices like GPS trackers and security systems those remain plugged in to the port all the time. So I guess it would be harmless.

1. No additional cable is needed. Just plug and play.

2. Powered from the port itself. No batteries needed.

This one has a toggle on/off switch so I think it is not draining the battery when it's idle. This device merely dispatches the signals via a bluetooth ineterface so it's the application which you might want to make sure that is not messing with the ECU. If it only does reading the stats, I believe you are safe.

tried it once. Stitching it was a real PITA. Gave up halfway and removed it. I must warn you that the OEM look it gives on the picture is almost impossible to get. Also if the steering wheel is thicker than usual, it will end up looking pretty bad.

Thanks for the heads up.

1. No additional cable is needed. Just plug and play.

2. Powered from the port itself. No batteries needed.

This one has a toggle on/off switch so I think it is not draining the battery when it's idle. This device merely dispatches the signals via a bluetooth ineterface so it's the application which you might want to make sure that is not messing with the ECU. If it only does reading the stats, I believe you are safe.

Thanks for the info. Ordered!

it automatically deletes older videos. Since im using 16GB micro sd card, it records 2 min videos clips of last 3 hours of driving. I am only keeping special videos, like close calls. this DVR is really worth for the money.

Hi,

I got mine delivered couple of days ago. Today only I got the chance to mount it and try it out. Did you change any settings other than defaults? My 1080FHD quality is nowhere close as yours. It's sometimes dark and blurry.

Hi,

I got mine delivered couple of days ago. Today only I got the chance to mount it and try it out. Did you change any settings other than defaults? My 1080FHD quality is nowhere close as yours. It's sometimes dark and blurry.

No i ddnt. im using 1080FHD. i did some changes in date and time and other configurations. Reset the camera and try. however video gets darker when sky is too bright. my camera also having a problem in charging. So i ask from the seller about it before giving feedback (ddnt open a case in ebay). then seller refund me 30% (15 USD). how ever im still using it.

Edited by arun-online

@arun-online Thanks for the details. I guess I'll fiddle with the settings more and see.

@Others,

Bit of a feedback about this item I posted sometime back http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-X-RainX-Windshield-Solution-Repels-Water-3-5oz-/270888055923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f122fb473&vxp=mtr

Initially I thought this was a scam and after using it, I'm impressed. This will seriously change the way you drive in wet weather. With shipping it would cost around Rs2500. I have applied it only once so far, and the effects have lasted after 2 weeks.

@arun-online Thanks for the details. I guess I'll fiddle with the settings more and see.

@Others,

Bit of a feedback about this item I posted sometime back http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-X-RainX-Windshield-Solution-Repels-Water-3-5oz-/270888055923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f122fb473&vxp=mtr

Initially I thought this was a scam and after using it, I'm impressed. This will seriously change the way you drive in wet weather. With shipping it would cost around Rs2500. I have applied it only once so far, and the effects have lasted after 2 weeks.

A general comment, when shipping is this high it always makes sense to ask any friends about who might be interested in it and order about 5-6 items at a go. You'll save a bundle on shipping. Or you could even ask the AL forum if anyone wants to join in. Afterall everyone benefits.

A general comment, when shipping is this high it always makes sense to ask any friends about who might be interested in it and order about 5-6 items at a go. You'll save a bundle on shipping. Or you could even ask the AL forum if anyone wants to join in. Afterall everyone benefits.

Good idea. None of my friends were interested as we all thought this wouldn't work :) . I sort of bit the bullet and ordered anyway. Next time I will post here too. Cheers.

+1 on this, I got a couple of rainx wipes for free with an ebay purchase I did in the US. Only recently I applied one of them to the windscreen (and other windows of the car) in SL.

The results are amazing the (very) few times it rained over the past week. Will definitely grab some more.

+1 on this, I got a couple of rainx wipes for free with an ebay purchase I did in the US. Only recently I applied one of them to the windscreen (and other windows of the car) in SL.

The results are amazing the (very) few times it rained over the past week. Will definitely grab some more.

A video on how it looks, for those who are curious

Hi,can i use this OBD scanner for nissan pulsar cj1(YOM1998)?

Bought this cheap OBD scanner. Very small, can be turned off and connects via bluetooth. (And also works with the awesome Torque Android App)

k877-10-abac.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111113180377?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Torque20Application.jpeg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Nice cam. Does it have an inbuilt battery or you need to have it connected to the power all the time ?

It has an inbuilt battery. After one full charge (which takes around 2 hours), the unit is capable of recording 2-3 hours of video using the battery (so it says in the manual. So far I have only used it unplugged for maximum 45 mins).

@arun-online

I found that setting the exposure value to +2/3 helps with the darkness issue.

Hi,

Hi,

I got the device just on today. Same as Ramish, the picture quality is nowhere close to what that Arun posted. I couldnot even recognize the number plate of vechicles. Guys, whats going on here.....

Further, the angle adjusting screw of the camera holder was too tightened when it came. My attempt to loose it broke the handle, damn it..... What should i do now???

Edited by udayap