• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shock Absorbers

udi

Question

15 answers to this question

New shock will cost like 8000 * 2 .

That's bloody cheap. Even a Maruti shock will cost about 6 -7k.

It's your car, but I say buy new shocks. They'll last longer and you'll have peace of mind knowing they won't break down the way a 'repaired' shock might.

• Like 2

parts like shocks i wouldn't trust any repaired shocks. it pays off to buy New shocks specialy when you drive in Sri Lankan roads. if you buy the Repaired shocks check them out real good. compress the shock and see how it retracts. shock has to come back all the way up nice and slow. in other words it has to have equal resistant compressing and retracting.

Hi All,

need to replace Suzuki swift shock absorbers and i found a place that , they take my shock absorbers and give repaired shocks.Any body have used this kind of shocks.They give 6 months warranty.Any idea about this ?????? :unsure:

'udi',

First of all get your shocks tested, first go to "Nalaka" next to Arpico show room at colombo 02 they will give you a computerized test report. If the readings are below 30% then get only bad ones replaced.

Recon did you go to Marina at Negambo road they existed for long time in business from 1965 onwards. I have got few repaired from them, they last about 8 months and give a 80% faulty reading when you test the shocks on a shock absorber tester.That is the reason they give 6 months warranty.

What is the quotation they gave you? is it around 30% of new one it is OK then you can use them for 1 year and get them to give a another set after one year they fix free of charge.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

anyone knows a place to get shocks tested ?

I read in another thread that Nalaka is now out of business and when i called mag city, they said their machine is broken.

Wait.. Nalaka has been closed down?

New shock will cost like 8000 * 2 .

i did repair front shocks, now after 1 1/2 years i feel like it is done and need replacements, for my car new one cost front - 14500, Rear 8000 each (bilstein) , but i did repair for 11,000 both (they charge extra for boot etc etc ) did only 19,000Km+ now i think it is a waste. :speechless-smiley-004:

so don't repair buy new. :sport-smiley-004:

i did repair front shocks, now after 1 1/2 years i feel like it is done and need replacements, for my car new one cost front - 14500, Rear 8000 each (bilstein) , but i did repair for 11,000 both (they charge extra for boot etc etc ) did only 19,000Km+ now i think it is a waste. :speechless-smiley-004:

so don't repair buy new. :sport-smiley-004:

from where did u get the repair done?

Hello Team

Let me add my idea about this, PLEASE DO NOT USE REPAIRED SHOCKS, Please keep this in mind i am telling this i met an accident due to warn shocks on my Hilux Surf

KZN185 shocks are bit expensive to replace those days and not the previous owner or me replaced them.............. at that time it was about $1000 to replace all 4 shocks but i have ended with an accident cost $3000

Policy investigation showed clearly the issue with the shocks as they took the truck test station and test everything as i was trying to show them the issue with the road surface (natanda bari nisa polawa adai) but they prove me wrong and fine me and i know that is the real truth as i was driving on a corner at the correct speed limit and lose control

So make sure use the quality products tho its expensive

regards

JC

• Like 1

marxxna :sad-smiley-066:

at marxxna they repaired it first time when i test it was bit hard on normal bumps , they said using both gas and oil to fill, so i said refill only with oil since oil will long last for a while (yes it did 1 1/2 years) but my advice go for new ,