• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why This Happen ?

mensoft

Question

15 answers to this question

Oil in the air filter compound is generally caused by the faulty PCV valve.In worse case this is situation of a blown head gasket.If this is the case heavy pressure in the carnk case sends oil out via breather.Significant oil burn,smoke is also evident.

If need help to check PCV valve (Only if you are good with DIY),post your request here please.

MINIACE

• Like 1

Oil in the air filter compound is generally caused by the faulty PCV valve.In worse case this is situation of a blown head gasket.If this is the case heavy pressure in the carnk case sends oil out via breather.Significant oil burn,smoke is also evident.

If need help to check PCV valve (Only if you are good with DIY),post your request here please.

MINIACE

Yes . That's good .

Tel me how to do it ?

Already i clean my air filter and i removed the hose connected to the filter cover from crank case . now the smoke and bit oil spreading to the ground.

but when conect the hose engine runs smooth than it removed.

my engine is Mitsubishi MCA-JET (G11B)

lancer010e2.jpg

that hose is now disconnected from air filter cover .

Edited by mensoft

Hi Can some one tell me where the PCV value located in this engine. (Lancer A72 (Flight Light model))

Thin tube from middle of the head cover running down to the intake manifold below the air cleaner cover. That's how I remember it.

Thin tube from middle of the head cover running down to the intake manifold below the air cleaner cover. That's how I remember it.

Hi Rumesh88,

can u give me a picture . on my engine head cover there is only one hose connected to air filter cover. from that oil spreading to the filter.

so at the moment i have removed it from the filter cover .

LANCER010E2.jpg

Edited by mensoft

I do not have a picture but found the following link uploaded by the courtesy of Davy (Thank u Davy!). Although not exactly the same engine block, notice the tube on the middle of the head at 4.15. You should have a similar one in yours too?

I do not have a picture but found the following link uploaded by the courtesy of Davy (Thank u Davy!). Although not exactly the same engine block, notice the tube on the middle of the head at 4.15. You should have a similar one in yours too?

Yes Rumesh88.

Thank you so much .

even not the exact one i have a small tube connected to under the calculator . its just a small hose only. so where is the PCV ? or is this the way on this engine because of this is first generation and very basic engine ?

any way ill check that tube and is there any block in that and update you the status .

again thanks for the info .

Also just for my knowledge is this big hose connected to air filter housing (witch i have removed at the moment) is effected to fuel consumption ?

Edited by mensoft

Yes Rumesh88.

Thank you so much .

even not the exact one i have a small tube connected to under the calculator . its just a small hose only. so where is the PCV ? or is this the way on this engine because of this is first generation and very basic engine ?

any way ill check that tube and is there any block in that and update you the status .

again thanks for the info .

Also just for my knowledge is this big hose connected to air filter housing (witch i have removed at the moment) is effected to fuel consumption ?

This tube is of fixed orifice type as I remember. You will not find the same PCV commonly found in modern engines here. So you may just clean the tube all the way to air intake and that should work. There is nothing to fail here in fact but just make sure the path is not leaky. The big hose that you refer to is the breather tube. Even after cleaning the PCV path see if you get a significant amount of oil fumes into the air cleaner cover through the big hose. If so your engine may be worn out to the extent that it passes more blow-by fumes into the crankcase than the PCV path can handle. The breather hose does not have a direct impact on fuel consumption but keeping it disconnected will up set the vacuum balance of the system and thus the consumption. If the engine is worn out and showing under-compression that will have greater impact on fuel consumption than other things.

Edited by Rumesh88

This tube is of fixed orifice type as I remember. You will not find the same PCV commonly found in modern engines here. So you may just clean the tube all the way to air intake and that should work. There is nothing to fail here in fact but just make sure the path is not leaky. The big hose that you refer to is the breather tube. Even after cleaning the PCV path see if you get a significant amount of oil fumes into the air cleaner cover through the big hose. If so your engine may be worn out to the extent that it passes more blow-by fumes into the crankcase than the PCV path can handle. The breather hose does not have a direct impact on fuel consumption but keeping it disconnected will up set the vacuum balance of the system and thus the consumption. If the engine is worn out and showing under-compression that will have greater impact on fuel consumption than other things.

Yes, you're right. This engine does not have a PCV. It's just a tube running from the crank case to the air intake. (Same tube highlighted by mensoft in post #6)

Hi Rumesh88,

Again Thank you so much . I did the job .

I just remove small tube from crank cover just blow from the mouth :mosking: (this might not good but i don't have any other option to check) . Yes it was really stuck and then I take off the crank cover from the engine clean the small line and path using a break cable and petrol and check . (again blow from mouth) . now its open . then i fixed the crank case and fixed all the lines and start the engine kept for a while . i didn't get a single drop of oil spread. so i fixed air filter cover and the hose again the filter cover . had a test run about 4-5 Km . and came home open the air filter cover again and check. it works perfect ! :sport-smiley-004: .

Any way i notice a miner oil leak from the crank case hope that because gasket seal is damage while open the cover and clean. SO i need to remove the cover again put some liquid gasket and fix it back. I had a small tube of white liquid gasket can i use it for this or do i need to buy black liquid gasket ?

what is the different in Black and White liquid gasket ?

Again thank you so much . if i went to a garage sure they will ask for big repair on this small thin.

Nice to hear of the outcome of your DIY job. It is always better to do small jobs like this all by yourself because then you get a better understanding of your vehicle. In case if you do a mistake consider it as a cost of learning.

As for the gasket sealant I normally use the grey colored ABR* brand. It is not the color or the brand that matters but the sealant's ability with withstand up to a temperature of 300C. Before you apply the sealant clean the gasket and the metal surfaces free of oil. Also make sure you do not have excess oil on the cam cover which may drip down and come in contact with the sealant when you reassemble. Then apply a thin layer of sealant on metal surfaces and re-assemble. Do not start the engine immediately after re-assembling but leave it for a few hours, preferably overnight. If you have some more time, open the oil cap, start the engine and keep it in idle until the engine gets fully warmed up. Leave it to cool down and fix the oil cap back and the car should now be ready to go. The last step is not essential but considering you are using an used gasket better not leave anything to chance.