• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Srilankan Re Assembled Japaniese Vehicles

osanda19

Question

i searched a forum about above topic,bt i couldn't found any information about that :sad-smiley-050: :sad-smiley-050: .

today morning i saw a corolla 110(which is older than the Cristal light model)with KR-**** number :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: .

one of my friend told me that,its a srilankan re assembled car.&also he said that we can buy that kind of vehicles for cheap price.

is there any one who having a experience of this kind of vehicle?

where i can buy a vehicle like that?

20 answers to this question

And heard that it's legal..

I thought this "cut and bud" operation illegal....

I think there is some option for a person living abroad to bring down the vehicle used by him in that country to SL. And the 2 year time period does not apply in these cases. These cars could be something like that possibly, as I doubt the GOSL will allow registration of assembled vehicles, where they will loose a lot of import duty.

I thought this "cut and bud" operation illegal....

I think there is some option for a person living abroad to bring down the vehicle used by him in that country to SL. And the 2 year time period does not apply in these cases. These cars could be something like that possibly, as I doubt the GOSL will allow registration of assembled vehicles, where they will loose a lot of import duty.

LOL...You really are a noob aren't ya...

http://www.autolanka...assembled-cars/

http://www.autolanka...in-minuwangoda/

http://www.autolanka...emble-vehicles/

http://www.autolanka...vehicles-lanka/

• Like 2

LOL...You really are a noob aren't ya...

Well..... I never said I am "Mr Know it all pro member", maybe that's why I used " I thought " in front before I said anything.

Anyway thank you for the links.

Well..... I never said I am "Mr Know it all pro member", maybe that's why I used " I thought " in front before I said anything.

Why are posting your thoughts here?We have no use for your thoughts...Start a damn blog or summin' without wasting AL server space...

Why are posting your thoughts here?We have no use for your thoughts...Start a damn blog or summin' without wasting AL server space...

So... err....... when were u appointed the moderator of this site to decide what I can post & what I cannot ? You are just a looser trying to be a " Pora " on a internet site, quite pathetic and I kind of feel sorry for u.....

Anyway I don't want to waste my time let alone your precious server space trying to have yet another stupid argument with a low life like u.

• Like 1

But in the off chance that you 'thought' something correctly, I bet you wouldn't be saying "nono, i cant take credit for having any knowledge of the topic... I only thought so"; instead you'd be the one putting all the pora-talk, dont you agree?

• Like 1

:)

Just a bit of an update on the scenario of the locally assembled vehicles...

There was a dispute regarding who will pay the tax of the locally assembled vehicles, which is more or less settled now. RMV insists that a tax component (ranging between 200-500k per vehicle) must be paid before registration. While some owners are willing to pay that amount, some are insisting that vehicles lanka, the company which assembles these vehicles must pay the taxes.

Those who are willing to pay the taxes are the ones who are driving the old cars with KR-series plates. On the other hand, those who are not willing to pay the taxes are still running with garage plates (G11- series).

As usual, the registration book gives EMPEROR as the brand name (not Toyota, Nissan, Mazda et al) and the country of origin field states "LOCALLY ASSEMBLED WITH USED PARTS".

BTW does anyone know if vehicles lanka is still doing this business?

• Like 1

There was a dispute regarding who will pay the tax of the locally assembled vehicles, which is more or less settled now. RMV insists that a tax component (ranging between 200-500k per vehicle) must be paid before registration. While some owners are willing to pay that amount, some are insisting that vehicles lanka, the company which assembles these vehicles must pay the taxes.

Those who are willing to pay the taxes are the ones who are driving the old cars with KR-series plates. On the other hand, those who are not willing to pay the taxes are still running with garage plates (G11- series).

As usual, the registration book gives EMPEROR as the brand name (not Toyota, Nissan, Mazda et al) and the country of origin field states "LOCALLY ASSEMBLED WITH USED PARTS".

I serched it on the net and found follwing links.

http://www.island.lk...6/06/news5.html

http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2002/06/23/bus08.html

http://vehicleslanka.com/

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

As I heard the cabinet will soon bring in laws to prohibit such companies. vehicles lanka will be allowed to assemble cars with used parts only for another 3 years and the maximum number of vehicles assembled per year is to be limited to 700.

Yes, the place is @ Minuwangoda Industrial Zone. Dunno whether they r still operating...... I've seen da place few tyms. I must say that they can DO THINGS !!!!

CW,

Some time back Mr. Harsha De Silva (MD) stated that they have stopped assembling vehicles. Now they bring down re-condition vehicles. You can see some of there stock in there head office based just before Katunayake Airport junction (sea side)

Edited by Crishan

Saw a KF plated mini, how is this possible?

The Classic Mini was built into 2000, and some were sold in 2001 as well. So I'm sure those models fall into the 10 year category of the gift for immediate family class of permits. KF means 2006/ early 2007 registrations, ignoring those who jump queue.