• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Insurance Company Is Best ?

flashmark

Hi,

I want your recommendation about my newly registerd car insurance. I got following quations from diffrent compaies.Let me know which is worth for money/

Ce*linco - Rs 70,000

C*op Insurance - Rs 55,250

Continetia*l - Rs 54,000

SriLanka Insuran*e - Rs 67,000

Aviva ND* - Rs 63,000

* Without terrorist cover

I got only one detailed quotation from Continet*al and it include following.

Net Premium 41,388.75

SRCC 5,800.00

Terrorism 0.00

Admin Fee 141.60

Road Saf. cont. 9.75

Policy Fee 250.00

Stamp Fee 24.00

Nation Building Tax 971.23

Tax 5,827.36

Total 54,412.69

thanks

Edited by flashmark

Past 7 yrs I have exp with Ce##li##co though its cost is high excellent service always got the claim without any fuss and onetime gave me a cash cheque at home even didnt want to go office and my office i know some friends have different insurences and have bad exp when trying to get claim .Im not marketing this but i say what i have last 7yrs exp.

Hi flashmark

What is your vehicle cost ?,

Me too is seeking a Ins company for my vehicle, (it will be around 28 - 30 lkh after frustating tax hike)

thanks

Before tax hike 2.9 million.I go for imported cost.I imported my Swift before tax hike. One insurance rep said it will not be problem.Becuase still no confirmation about exact price hike after the tax hike.

Past 7 yrs I have exp with Ce##li##co though its cost is high excellent service always got the claim without any fuss and onetime gave me a cash cheque at home even didnt want to go office and my office i know some friends have different insurences and have bad exp when trying to get claim .Im not marketing this but i say what i have last 7yrs exp.

Did u get any insurance recently from Ce*linco? several times per year? Because some people saying that now Ce*licno service is poor.

By any chance do u work for c******o?

By any chance do u work for c******o?

I was wondering the same thing... c******o as i have heard is the shittiest when it comes to claims..

I even remember a photo of a van with a polythene sheet covering a gaping hole of a accident-shattered rear glass with a sticker saying "this van is insured with c******o on the spot"

PS: my dad too had a issue with them where they refused to (and never did) make a payment on a repair they had previously signed off as approved.

Edited by Watchman

I was wondering the same thing... c******o as i have heard is the shittiest when it comes to claims..

I even remember a photo of a van with a polythene sheet covering a gaping hole of a accident-shattered rear glass with a sticker saying "this van is insured with c******o on the spot"

PS: my dad too had a issue with them where they refused to (and never did) make a payment on a repair they had previously signed off as approved.

Exactly I think fuzzo too had an issue once with one of his claims at c******o & had a big argument with them......

I have used Avi*va NDB & the J Shakthi..... J Shakthi is well known to try to avoid paying for a claim... , Avi*va, when it was Eagle was very good and no fuss, and flexible, but after the change in ownership, I think things have got a little more difficult ( most of the decisions on claims etc are taken by the Indians.., and u know what that is like )

Union has been known to be good and I am yet to hear anything really bad about the guys in terms of claims etc..

Btw are these rates with no claim bonus given upfront ?

I have used Avi*va NDB & the J Shakthi..... J Shakthi is well known to try to avoid paying for a claim... , Avi*va, when it was Eagle was very good and no fuss, and flexible, but after the change in ownership, I think things have got a little more difficult ( most of the decisions on claims etc are taken by the Indians.., and u know what that is like )

Union has been known to be good and I am yet to hear anything really bad about the guys in terms of claims etc..

Btw are these rates with no claim bonus given upfront ?

I'm not mocking you, but who did you insure your B4 with? you seemed quite happy with the deal they gave you with your accident repair.

I'm not mocking you, but who did you insure your B4 with? you seemed quite happy with the deal they gave you with your accident repair.

It was Aviva, they paid every last cent with zero influence.... :) Only thing I paid for was for a new set of new tyres.....

If you go with c******o you can use various toilets around the country (I'm trying to picture the management meeting where they came up with that idea) and their service has been good so far. SLIC is my current provider and while general staff aren't very good in 'the English' and sometimes are lacking in the ability to understand stuff, they are very helpful and have gone out of their way to help me in fact. The managers there are stuffy cantankerous old farts though.

Edited by ShintaroX

I have obtained a leasing facility from L*L* and for this year they have started a their own insurance company and transferred my insurance facility to it. I can honestly say that it is the shittiest insurance company in Sri Lanka. I have been with AVIVA NDB and that was far more better. I'll give you a small example before i finish my comment on this,

I had to report a accident few weeks back and I have to call 3 times to their call center in order to get a representative. I have almost wait 10 min on each call and then the line hang up. Then the representative ask some bullshit questions and sent a man to inspect the vehicle from a far different city. until now they haven't release any payments and because of that I have to pay it my self and get the repairs done.

peoples insuarancee is the best i ve come across........

in my openion SLI is also not bad

think about the payment capacity of the company, before choosing

it is extreamly important in case of a total loss

( at the moment i m with SLI and waiting for their payment, it is going to be a total loss. so far everything was OK..... but don t know what will happen at the end)

all insurance companies are same when it comes to claims. its very difficult to get claims from our sri lankan companies unless you have some connections with staffs. best thing is to get third party and drive safely..

Edited by kmart
  • Like 2

Hey Admin

It's really confusing to read some of these posts when the name of the insurer is "censored." What on earth is "C*op Insurance?" Cooperative insurance? Is it not better to remove the censorship on the names of something as critical as insurance, and let the moderators handle the posts deemed advertising?

Incidentally, do not touch Allianz. Possibly the worst motor insurance company in town.