• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ioc X-Tra Mile Diesel Or Ceypetco Super Diesel

Bunnings

Hey friends ....

I recently bought a Kia Sorento Diesel .. And When I ask from the company about the type of deisel which we should Pump, they told me not to use normal Auto diesel( Rs 115) and except that better to use IOC X-tra Mile Diesel(Rs118) or CEYPETCO Super Diesel (Rs137)....

:sad-smiley-058: Now the hesitation whats on my mind is whether it is OK to use that IOC X-tra Mile(118), even its have a somewhat price difference with CEYPETCO Super one(137). Cause as I know IOC one comes with added additives to the auto diesel and i didn't try to ask the provability of using it for sorento from the Sales guy who told me that. (may be they will stuck :speechless-smiley-004:)

So nowadays we all hope a more economical running with the current fuel cost and if that IOC x-tra mile is OK to pump, I think all the Kia Diesel users might be more Happy with that. :speechless-smiley-006:

For that Current Kia Sorento users (who know about this) and Experts Please Spend a little bit from your Valuable time to Clarify this ... Then It may be helpful for all the new Diesel vehicle users of all types. (As i know Most of the newly arriving vehicles are recommended to not to use normal Auto diesel(115) and even normal Octane 90 for Petrol ones).

Thank you ..... :smilie_liebe9:

thanx brothers I really appreciate your comments. Anyway for the last time I again call back the KIA agents to get clarify whether they guarantee of Using IOC X-tra Mile Diesel. Response is they are gurantee for it.

Let see what others tell .....

thanx brothers I really appreciate your comments. Anyway for the last time I again call back the KIA agents to get clarify whether they guarantee of Using IOC X-tra Mile Diesel. Response is they are gurantee for it.

Is your vehicle still under warranty? If it isn't I suggest you go with JDNet's suggestion as if the agents are wrong they wont face any consequences (as in you want be able to get the vehicle repaired under warranty).

• Like 1

The whole point of using super diesel is because it's a cleaner fuel with low sulphur, hence the cost. Do you honestly think xtra mile can be as good as super diesel when the price difference is only a couple of rupees? Xtra mile just contains additives (if there are even any) and is basically a way to rip gullible people off. There are many threads about this. PLEASE USEE THE SEARCH BAR.

• Like 1

@jdnet & The Don - Yes brothers i got your point. And big thank to jdnet for your enthusiasm. Now I also think that it's better to use Super diesel even it's bit expensive. Cause what we expecting a trouble free vehicle at the end. Since it came to my hands (end of March 2012) I pumped only Super diesel, but couple of days ago I fully tank it with IOC X-TRA Mile Diesel after hearing to the previous KIA sales guy I mentioned. Do it make any consequences in advance ? ...... i won't go with IOC hereafter. I'm not thinking to insult any company, but I also dont keep my trust on Indian things much.

The whole point of using super diesel is because it's a cleaner fuel with low sulphur, hence the cost. Do you honestly think xtra mile can be as good as super diesel when the price difference is only a couple of rupees? Xtra mile just contains additives (if there are even any) and is basically a way to rip gullible people off. There are many threads about this. PLEASE USEE THE SEARCH BAR.

True. I think if anyone is considering Xtra mile they're better off adding Soltron to normal auto diesel. That way they can be sure the additive has been added.

One of my friends had a hyundai santafe which was pumped normal diesel and at about 60 000km the exhaust gas recirculation unit failed due to sulphur deposit.

He was advised by the company not to pump normal diesel anymore and it is now running perfectly well over 100 000km.

Now the company sticks a sticker telling only to pump super. But earlyer the company had told to pump anything.

The sorrento has the same engine so pumping normal will destroy it gradually.

It's common to all common rail engines such as the

toyota D4-D(prado, new hiace-khd200, hilux.....),

Mitsubishi Di-D (montero, new thailand-2011 montero sport)

• Like 1

Thanks brother .... as you mentioned I got to know that the newly arriving diesel and petrol vehicles should not be pumped by there normal category fuel. And one of my friend told that there are many new Hiaces coming to company with same engine issue due to the filling of normal diesel. And even he owns a Hiace Petrol and it's recommended to go with Octane 95.

One of my friends had a hyundai santafe which was pumped normal diesel and at about 60 000km the exhaust gas recirculation unit failed due to sulphur deposit.

He was advised by the company not to pump normal diesel anymore and it is now running perfectly well over 100 000km.

Now the company sticks a sticker telling only to pump super. But earlyer the company had told to pump anything.

The sorrento has the same engine so pumping normal will destroy it gradually.

It's common to all common rail engines such as the

toyota D4-D(prado, new hiace-khd200, hilux.....),

Mitsubishi Di-D (montero, new thailand-2011 montero sport)

My Hilux is a 2.5 D4D pumped auto diesel from new. Now done over 175,000 k.m. No issues so far. Just an injector cleaning done so far.

kia diesels are designed to use ultra low sulphar to keep euro v emission standards.it contains 50ppm sulfur. unfortunately its not available in sri lanka. the closest we can go is lanka super diesel with 500ppm sulphar.

the IOC xtra premium thing is just regular diesel with 3000ppm sulfur and sme additive to minimize engine friction. so forget what the idiotic KIA agents say(bad in every aspect) and go for lanka super diesel

• 10 years later...

Guys i also bought a Diesel with a common rail engine. Just curious is this still the case? One of the mechanic told me SD in ceypetco is not upto standard hence go ahead with IOC xtramile. Sorry to ask the same question, but just wanted to check the validity of this statement after 11 years.

6 hours ago, PerfMad said:

Guys i also bought a Diesel with a common rail engine. Just curious is this still the case? One of the mechanic told me SD in ceypetco is not upto standard hence go ahead with IOC xtramile. Sorry to ask the same question, but just wanted to check the validity of this statement after 11 years.

Xtra Mile is just regular diesel with additives added. Best thing is to pump SD from IOC although I pump from Ceypetco as well.

21 hours ago, hrm said:

Xtra Mile is just regular diesel with additives added. Best thing is to pump SD from IOC although I pump from Ceypetco as well.

@hrm Thanks mate. I recently took a sample of the SD which i pumped from ceypetco and it did look more like AD. I will try IOC as well to see how it look like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PerfMad said:

@hrm Thanks mate. I recently took a sample of the SD which i pumped from ceypetco and it did look more like AD. I will try IOC as well to see how it look like.

I had the same experience during the fuel crisis. Took a 20L can of SD from a Ceypetco shed and it smelled a lot like AD with Kerosene smell. You never know.

14 hours ago, hrm said:

I had the same experience during the fuel crisis. Took a 20L can of SD from a Ceypetco shed and it smelled a lot like AD with Kerosene smell. You never know.

@hrm Do you still go to ceypetco or IOC?