• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Converting Manual To Auto

mazda-svt

Hi guys need your valuable suggestions on this topic.My car is a Mazda Familia BJ5P 2001 Model(Face Lift)There is an error in my auto transmission box,the mechanic said that i have to replace a auto box,My plan is to convert in to manual,I need experts ideas,because am in a big trouble.is it practical with my familia??

Thanx

No. You are better off leaving it automatic. Changing transmissions between auto and manual isn't just a plug an play kind of thing. there are a lot of changes that need to be done and the cost would far exceed that of putting in a new auto box. What exactly is wrong with the transmission you have now?

Hi guys need your valuable suggestions on this topic.My car is a Mazda Familia BJ5P 2001 Model(Face Lift)There is an error in my auto transmission box,the mechanic said that i have to replace a auto box,My plan is to convert in to manual,I need experts ideas,because am in a big trouble.is it practical with my familia??

Thanx

what exactly is the error?

I have a funny feeling that your mech is a makabaas who only knows how to replace things.

Search the forum for auto tranny repair. There are few ppl in the country who r good at repairing auto trannies

• Like 2

Thanx

As other's state just mention the error on your gear box. experts here will able to give u a solution other than replaceing your gear box...

Thanx

Converting Auto to Mannual is not complicated. you have to find to replace,

1. Mannul Gear Box,

2. Fly wheel, Clutch bearing, Clutch plate and pressure plate,

3. Some models want to change starter motor,

4. Clutch paddel set, Clutch pump and oil line set.

5. Gear Box mount,

6. Gear Lever and Gear changing cable set.

7. Engine plate. (fly wheel cover plate, it will come to between gear box and the engine. a steel plate)

if you can find this set from recon sparepartz shops its easy to do the change. but i don't know about Mazda spares easy to find. according to toyota cost will be around 100,000/- but i am sorry i don't know about mazda.

if you do this conversion using recon mazda parts, no one can find the conversion.

Edited by Nilantha

Converting Auto to Mannual is not complicated. you have to find to replace,

1. Mannul Gear Box,

2. Fly wheel, Clutch bearing, Clutch plate and pressure plate,

3. Some models want to change starter motor,

4. Clutch paddel set, Clutch pump and oil line set.

5. Gear Box mount,

6. Gear Lever and Gear changing cable set.

7. Engine plate. (fly wheel cover plate, it will come to between gear box and the engine. a steel plate)

if you can find this set from recon sparepartz shops its easy to do the change. but i don't know about Mazda spares easy to find. according to toyota cost will be around 100,000/- but i am sorry i don't know about mazda.

if you do this conversion using recon mazda parts, no one can find the conversion.

Right!

and you don't need to change the instrument cluster, wire harness and the ECU?

• Like 1

Right!

excuse the retard. he never knows what the heck he's talking about.

Apparently replacing all those parts isn't complicated at all. Lol.

why bother doing it when you can just replace the with a recon auto tranny...assuming that you cant fix the current one...either way you still didnt say whats wrong with the one you have

i'm also interested to know why you want to replace? of course, more out of curiosity than judgement. any good mech will find the parts for you. what you need to really think about is:

1. are you really ready to be shifting gears in traffic? this depends on whether your daily commute involves a lot of traffic.

2. are you willing to deal with the retarded (thanks JDNET i love that word!) disgruntled local market when you try to sell your car? along these lines, how long do you plan to keep the car and how long are you willing to try to sell it.

i'm where you are right now. my car is kota uda because the auto box handed in its resignation. my garage at mount said the torque convertor is broken. for that i have to be Jack Brabham at the wheel. so i carried it to indika in kolonnawa (who previously fixed my CVT) and he showed me gunk in the gear oil filter and said "well there's your problem". the senior members in the ball-licking-lion-pride and indika are hell bent on fixing the auto. keeping things the way they came.

i prefer manual. why? cos i spent 8k restoring the box, 38k fixing it in jan and am looking at another 35-40k bill now. and there's no guarantee it'll have a fit in another three months or not.

and its a hella lot more fun to drive!

however your car and my car are in completely different leagues in the local market but i hope this is sufficient food for thought for you. chew on it a bit.

Right!

no want to change wire harness. but want to check reverse sensor socket and speed meter sensor socket. but all not big change.

• 8 years later...
  • 7 months later...