• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 110Details

manojssu2000

Question

Dear Experts

I'm planning to buy my first car

my decision is to buy Toyota Corolla 110 1.5, Auto

so please help me on this

Budget = it is possible for 19 laks or not

Fuel consumption = ?

Spares

re selling price after 4 year =

details of Mechanics who experts on this model for reasonable charges

variants of the model and details

Manoj Kariyawasam

22 answers to this question

manoj its a toyota, you can probably seel for more than you bought it in four years. but don't buy a car with the thought of selling it from the very next day. drive it a little. you might just like it

you can't go wrong with a toyota. that too a 110. spares are cheap, it does like 200kmpl, holds the market like a nagging girlfriend who just doesn't get the message...

what more do you want?

• Like 1

Dear Experts

Fuel consumption = ?

Spares

Manoj Kariyawasam

first of all welcome to AL manoj

budget = yes it's possible to buy a corolla ae110 for your budget

fuel consumption and variants = it have been talk in detail in many times do a search and you can find what you are looking for

spares=there is nothing to worry about it. it's a toyota and a 110 spares are easily available everywhere and at a cheap price too

re selling price after 4 year = it's hard to predict what will happen to car market in four years time but as seen in the past toyota is the best vehicle marque to hold it's resale value in SL.

and this been a mainstream car model you don't need a expert mechanic work on them like some other car models most of the mechanics know how to repair them

fuel consumption and variants = depends on how u drive it..

spares = very eaaasy to find in nugegoda area.

re selling price after 4 year = in this country "obviously higher",

only problem with 110 is the reverse gear & the autogear gear box. other than that its a very realiable car u wont regret buying,

check for the milage, if it has done more than 180 u might have to do an overall... (+ a very good engine u can find for less than 175,00/=,, ;) )

fuel consumption and variants = depends on how u drive it..

spares = very eaaasy to find in nugegoda area.

re selling price after 4 year = in this country "obviously higher",

only problem with 110 is the reverse gear & the autogear gear box. other than that its a very realiable car u wont regret buying,

check for the milage, if it has done more than 180 u might have to do an overall... (+ a very good engine u can find for less than 175,00/=,, ;) )

pls man can u tell me whts da problem with the reverse gear and auto gear in this model

when the car is parked nearly a day, when u start it & reverse the car wont pull, it accelerates at the same spot for few seconds, & then it'l start moving. that means the gearbox is busted, <_<

Common issue with some auto tranny cars. No need to pull your hair out over it.

How much is an AE110 gearbox anyway? 25000 bucks?

If you wanna find out if this problem exists with the car u are after, go to see the car as early as possible. Wake the owner up and check it when the car is cold. :D

Common issue with some auto tranny cars. No need to pull your hair out over it.

How much is an AE110 gearbox anyway? 25000 bucks?

If you wanna find out if this problem exists with the car u are after, go to see the car as early as possible. Wake the owner up and check it when the car is cold. :D

wise move i must say.. :sport-smiley-004:

Try to buy a face lifted (late 1997 or later) AE 110,XE saloon limited or SE saloon limited or higher.

Automatic model hold a better market value, usually face lifted model Rs 2 million+

Issues with auto box after ~14 years should not be considered as a manufacture fault anyway used auto box are freely available yet I prefer get it repaired

Edited by nano31

Dear Experts

Fuel consumption = ?

Spares

Manoj Kariyawasam

Yes it's one of the very best product of toyota as i can see. as other's state yes it's a toyota one & nothing to worry. parts are freely available.average fuel will be around 14+. as nano31 state search for a XE saloon limited or SE saloon limited or higher grade one. when 1987 Ke72 is worth now more than 600K after 15yrs & Ae100 which is yom 1992 worth now more than 1.3m after 20years dont worry about the reselling prices.

Search in forum for more details.

Good luck.....

;D my mistake..... 175,000/= machan..

are you sure about the price? last year one of my friend replace his engine in ae110 (5A-FE) it's only cost him around 70k with out the labor cost. :speechless-smiley-019:

Edited by nexus

i would say 70k is bit too much for 5AFE..u can find a fairly good engine for 30-35k without the pumps and gearbox

the engine i have mentioned was in good nick and it have gearbox and ecu with it maybe the price is bit too much but my friend was in hurry to repair his car and when for that engine.

Try to buy a face lifted (late 1997 or later) AE 110,XE saloon limited or SE saloon limited or higher.

Automatic model hold a better market value, usually face lifted model Rs 2 million+

Issues with auto box after ~14 years should not be considered as a manufacture fault anyway used auto box are freely available yet I prefer get it repaired

Does the face-lift 110 have a lower ground clearance than the pre face-lift?

Hey guys, quick question - my bro's looking for an AE110, and came across a rather well kept one (no corrosion,no evident signs of collisions with interior in decent condition - car is not a daily runner )

YOM 1999, Auto Transmission and 1500 CC engine - asking price was 2.1 Mill - is that a fair price or is it too much?