• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Front Door Glass Beading/sealer - Where Can Find Used/new ?

nish1

Hi..guys I need to replace my car front door window beading out side and inside both..mainly the bottom edge beading..where the glass go up and down..

My car is a Toyata vits SCP10 catagory.

I'm wondering whether can I buy the originals from somewhere or replace some general beading normally using for vehicles.?

Please help me to find them? or good place to go me to get this done.

Image attached!

door.jpg

Thanks

Edited by nish1

Why do you need to replace the beading? Are they missing, damaged or causing the glass to get caught? If its the latter some silicone spray will sort you out.

Yes man..The drivers door outer beading badly damaged...I love to remove those and replace with originals or good quality beading with good finishing..(like originals)..I'm not pretty sure that will I be able to find them somewhere in colombo?? I know places where place these beading but those are not specifically suite for this..those like common beadings for any vehicles..:(

You can get them. Its called the top beading. Try the delkanda strip. Probably around 4000-5500 range if your lucky.

Thanks mate!! But problem will be able to get the originals..not just a beading for door..?? :(

Edited by nish1

Hi..guys I need to replace my car front door window beading out side and inside both..mainly the bottom edge beading..where the glass go up and down..

My car is a Toyata vits SCP10 catagory.

I'm wondering whether can I buy the originals from somewhere or replace some general beading normally using for vehicles.?

Please help me to find them? or good place to go me to get this done.

Image attached!

door.jpg

Thanks

what about the agents

or try to get it (the genuine part) from thailand or singapore (where spare parts are very cheap)

never go to LP gunarathna, they do very cheap, ugly job ( and it happened to my hilux)

Edited by priyanka

what about the agents

or try to get it (the genuine part) from thailand or singapore (where spare parts are very cheap)

never go to LP gunarathna, they do very cheap, ugly job ( and it happened to my hilux)

Thanks Machang..I dont have idea about the agents.? what do you mean..you mean the Toyota agents in SL..My car is a Vitz ..So I believe you talking about the Toyota lanka ryte?

Thanks Machang..I dont have idea about the agents.? what do you mean..you mean the Toyota agents in SL..My car is a Vitz ..So I believe you talking about the Toyota lanka ryte?

yes, toyota lanka indeed

just ask them............. for the same item for my 2008 hilux they said something like 6500/=, but i got it down from thailand for 2500 (the genuine part)

what about the agents

I beg to differ on that one.

If you ask for a cheap beading, they will give u a cheap one which will need multibond to fix it. Obviously it will be ugly.

If you ask for a good quality one, which comes at a premium. this will be clipped in to the door panel, then it won't look cheap or ugly.

I beg to differ on that one.

If you ask for a cheap beading, they will give u a cheap one which will need multibond to fix it. Obviously it will be ugly.

If you ask for a good quality one, which comes at a premium. this will be clipped in to the door panel, then it won't look cheap or ugly.

at LP guna i never asked for a cheap one, and indeed they told me that they can do it in such a way that no body can identify the difference

and they charged me a big money for that ................. but.........

the only problam is that they dont have the premium one that you are talking about

Edited by priyanka

at LP guna i never asked for a cheap one, and indeed they told me that they can do it in such a way that no body can identify the difference

and they charged me a big money for that ................. but.........

the only problam is that they dont have the premium one that you are talking about

Guys..DO you know no anybody except Toyota lanka who bring those Item to SL/Colombo ...??

• 1 month later...

Members,

I bought for friend of mine some Indian make I think. From Panchikawatte, for front two doors and did cut the length to fix same to a Japanese car. As he was not able to get original for that lancer car. Few months ago, near from motor spare part shop at the 1st round about. 4 numbers for rupees 5000.00. Inner and out both glass door beadings. He did not know that beadings were bad and he had few scratches on the driving side more than on the other side glass. Glass Rubber beadings had caused the scratches

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Seriously are you living inside a shell?

How about half of Panchikawatta and 3/4th of Delkanda, for starters?

Actually it should be corrected as genuine/oem toyota parts. For major mechanical parts like spares for engine/suspension we could find but some small parts like windshield rubber/weather strips are mostly imported by the agents only. I hope my question is clear now

I am quite new for ebay, I checked few minor parts like power mirror switches, dimmer switch, etc but it seems more or less similar or higher comp to local used/new parts.

Is there any specific way of searching ebay for spares?

I am quite new for ebay, I checked few minor parts like power mirror switches, dimmer switch, etc but it seems more or less similar or higher comp to local used/new parts.

Is there any specific way of searching ebay for spares?

Dude

order from Ramadb auto parts, sayuri or threre are many suppliers from Japan. You just has to do the TT through bank or a money brokers. paypal also accepted

Dude

order from Ramadb auto parts, sayuri or threre are many suppliers from Japan. You just has to do the TT through bank or a money brokers. paypal also accepted

Thanks a lot for a practical answer!

I hope a few of so called senior members should learn how to answer for a question rather than going behind a word or not making fun from a junior member's simple question!!

Thanks a lot for a practical answer!

I hope a few of so called senior members should learn how to answer for a question rather than going behind a word or not making fun from a junior member's simple question!!

I personally hope and wish that some junior members, who are allegedly men, would man up and learn to take some a dig at them without crying like little girls.

I personally hope and wish that some junior members, who are allegedly men, would man up and learn to take some a dig at them without crying like little girls.

Dude, it aint about you ok!

Just read the topic of some threads then read middle or end of the thread, you will understand what I mean

And I do not like to point out any members as it again lead to unnecessary posting here.

AL is a very good forum but I wish it would only contain all about the vehicle not the joking/harassing

I wish Admin/mods should keep those rules/regulations strict and immediately remove unwanted posting and it would be really nice senior members just do not go behind a word and make it a joke.

Even this posting is useless and just ruin the thread and most importantly it does not have anything about the door beading!!!

But AL is still nice place to stay!!!!!

Dude, it aint about you ok!

Just read the topic of some threads then read middle or end of the thread, you will understand what I mean

And I do not like to point out any members as it again lead to unnecessary posting here.

AL is a very good forum but I wish it would only contain all about the vehicle not the joking/harassing

I wish Admin/mods should keep those rules/regulations strict and immediately remove unwanted posting and it would be really nice senior members just do not go behind a word and make it a joke.

Even this posting is useless and just ruin the thread and most importantly it does not have anything about the door beading!!!

But AL is still nice place to stay!!!!!

The advice as always is very simple, man up and grow a pair. No one is going to stop making a crack or two just because some nancy boys can't take it and we certainly aren't going to stop people making jokes.... Jeez!

Back to the topic, what is the most cost effective way of getting those spares?

EMS,DHL, Vessel,etc?

To answer your question, the most cost effective method will be probably to get it over by sea (Vessel). It will take longer than the other methods but will be cheaper.